Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this hypothetical AD trade worth considering?

Is this hypothetical AD trade worth considering?

Just about any offer for Anthony Davis is going to be insulting and not worth listening to.

How about this though? The imaginary everything-in offer from Boston (only if the Celtics luck into the #1 pick):

Brooklyn's pick. #1 in the draft. Fultz or other.
    2018 Brooklyn pick. Unprotected. Should be somewhere from 1-5.
    Jaylen Brown.
    2019 or beyond Memphis pick.
    Crowder, Smart, or Bradley (pick one).
    Fillers.

If the Celtics call with this offer does New Orleans:

a) hang up the phone immediately.
    b) says, "thank you that's a good offer but we're not trading AD."
    c) asks for even more.
    d) accepts the offer.

So that's 3 first round picks, 3rd pick from 2016 draft + 2 rotation players on a very good East Conference team. I'm not sure Celtics would do it.

EDIT: I'm 90% sure Celtics wouldn't do it.

Pass. Jaylen Brown has been dreadful. Brooklyn picks are nice, but they're still a crap shoot. Need something tangible, and Brown isn't even close.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jaylen Brown's book hasn't even started to be written. I remember a lot of things people are saying about him, they were saying it about DeMarr DeRozan. But you don't trade Anthony Davis until we have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jaylen Brown's book hasn't even started to be written. I remember a lot of things people are saying about him, they were saying it about DeMarr DeRozan. But you don't trade Anthony Davis until we have no choice.
    Exactly, but you especially don't trade him for a complete wild card like Brown. Does he have potential? Sure. He was drafted on potential, but that's not enough for an Anthony Davis.

Is this hypothetical AD trade worth considering?

Davis is not Jordan or Lebron I hate to tell you I think I would do it . Get them to throw in Hortford too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 01-09-2017 at 01:14 PM.

There's no trade involving AD worth considering

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    There's no trade involving AD worth considering
    But what if he wants out? You just going to let him walk when his contract expires in a couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    this and hang up the phone

The only trades worth considering for AD right now would be Embiid, Porzingis, or Towns plus more. And none of those teams would consider doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    But what if he wants out? You just going to let him walk when his contract expires in a couple of years?
    We can cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now, our focuses should be on building a contender around our generational talent.

I don't think any player is "untradable" but if there was such category for me Davis doesn't make it in. Atleast not yet. That's guys you expect to be in the playoffs simply because he's on the team. That's Curry, Harden, Westbrook, James, Durant, Leonard. Davis isn't in that class not yet anyways so he tradable for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't think any player is "untradable" but if there was such category for me Davis doesn't make it in. Atleast not yet. That's guys you expect to be in the playoffs simply because he's on the team. That's Curry, Harden, Westbrook, James, Durant, Leonard. Davis isn't in that class not yet anyways so he tradable for the right price.
    Funny because Westbrook couldn't carry his team to the playoffs over ADs team.

LoL!!

Close this thread

If it was a last resort and a trade was inevitable... Yes I would consider this trade. There would be a few other packages from teams like Lakers I would like but with the picks the Celtics have they no doubt get us to answer the phone. If we can draft well this year then I'm confident this team will either be great with AD or without. If a time comes to where we know he won't stay and we have Buddy along with a good pick this year then we can make this team very competitive with a big haul. I don't think this is anything anyone needs to worry about for a while. I mean a while because IMO AD is going to sign another deal here. Might have some promises and stipulations in his new contract but we will get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Funny because Westbrook couldn't carry his team to the playoffs over ADs team.
    Not funny just a rare exception. Those things happens. Kobe missed the playoffs one year. Either way imo Davis isn't on Westbrook tier.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL!!
    Not sure what's funny about the post.

Not funny just a rare exception. Those things happens. Kobe missed the playoffs one year. Either way imo Davis isn't on Westbrook tier.
    With your long history of hating on AD that doesn't shock me in the least.

How many years did it take before you admitted AD was better than Drummond?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    With your long history of hating on AD that doesn't shock me in the least.

How many years did it take before you admitted AD was better than Drummond?
    Some of you really need to grow up. It's like children around here. But I guess this is the internet and that's how grown individuals are supposed to act sadly.

Some of you really need to grow up. It's like children around here. But I guess this is the internet and that's how grown individuals are supposed to act sadly.
    Yes, I agree you should. It's time to leave the AD hate train and give him some credit. Even after pointing out by your own standards, AD keeping Westbrook out of the playoffs while taking his team to it, you still put Westbrook in a higher tier than AD. You even put a player like Leonard in the tier ABOVE AD, even though he has NEVER put up numbers on AD's level.

Your hatred of AD is well documented and goes back years. It's time to come off it and give him his due.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The only trades worth considering for AD right now would be Embiid, Porzingis, or Towns plus more. And none of those teams would consider doing that.
    Add Giannis to that list.

You could always trade him for Harrison Barnes. LOL.

Thread Information