.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Is this hypothetical AD trade worth considering?

  1. #26


  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes, I agree you should. It's time to leave the AD hate train and give him some credit. Even after pointing out by your own standards, AD keeping Westbrook out of the playoffs while taking his team to it, you still put Westbrook in a higher tier than AD. You even put a player like Leonard in the tier ABOVE AD, even though he has NEVER put up numbers on AD's level.

    Your hatred of AD is well documented and goes back years. It's time to come off it and give him his due.

    What hate train? Because I don't put him up there with Kawhi Leonard that's hate. I didn't think Davis would be great. He's a great player but there's levels. You can't get pass the fact that I didn't rank him highly enough leaving UK and you feel I can't be critical because of it. Most people on this board has come to terms with my initial thoughts of Davis and aren't holding on to something from almost 6 years ago like healthy humans. But there are some of you thst are choosing to be petty over a missed evaluation. And look for every opportunity to express there butt hurtness.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What hate train? Because I don't put him up there with Kawhi Leonard that's hate. I didn't think Davis would be great. He's a great player but there's levels. You can't get pass the fact that I didn't rank him highly enough leaving UK and you feel I can't be critical because of it. Most people on this board has come to terms with my initial thoughts of Davis and aren't holding on to something from almost 6 years ago like healthy humans. But there are some of you thst are choosing to be petty over a missed evaluation. And look for every opportunity to express there butt hurtness.
    I wouldn't care how you felt years ago if you showed any sign that you've changed. Instead you say he's not as good as a player who has never achieved the same level of numbers as AD. It's not as bad as Drummond but saying Leonard belongs to a no trade tier but AD doesn't is still pretty darn bad.

    Even after you've been proven grossly wrong on AD you STILL won't give him his due. That's the issue I have, not what you thought years ago. It's just the same pattern with you.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wouldn't care how you felt years ago if you showed any sign that you've changed. Instead you say he's not as good as a player who has never achieved the same level of numbers as AD. It's not as bad as Drummond but saying Leonard belongs to a no trade tier but AD doesn't is still pretty darn bad.

    Even after you've been proven grossly wrong on AD you STILL won't give him his due. That's the issue I have, not what you thought years ago. It's just the same pattern with you.
    Stats aren't the end all be all for me like it maybe is for you. I've been critical of plenty of players with monster stats and praising of players with solid stats. The game IMO is far too situational to say player X has more stats therefore they are the better player.

    As far as giving Davis his "due" I have no idea where you've been the past few years. Especially the start of this season when I mentioned that he showed me all the ability to do the things that made me think he couldn't be a superstar. And to my point you won't comment on that you'll still run to the pointless Davis vs Drummond debate, or comment on how I have some illogical ill feeling against Davis.

  5. #30

    Is this hypothetical AD trade worth considering?

    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Stats aren't the end all be all for me like it maybe is for you. I've been critical of plenty of players with monster stats and praising of players with solid stats. The game IMO is far too situational to say player X has more stats therefore they are the better player.

    As far as giving Davis his "due" I have no idea where you've been the past few years. Especially the start of this season when I mentioned that he showed me all the ability to do the things that made me think he couldn't be a superstar. And to my point you won't comment on that you'll still run to the pointless Davis vs Drummond debate, or comment on how I have some illogical ill feeling against Davis.
    This is really simple. Do you believe Leonard is untradeable but AD isn't?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-10-2017 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #31
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    5,683
    LoL almost a waste of time to even argue with him. Constantly throw shade no matter how little to somehow discredit what AD is doing. You didn't just make a prediction he would be great you were so wrong and don't believe he should even be picked with the first few picks. Using playoffs to as why basically in this case is your only way to negatively grade him is just ridiculously. I mean maybe we should just go out and say Iguodala is better then Durant because he won't a championship. Like Mythrol said AD already took his team to the playoffs on his back. Single handed dominated the Warriors. Put up one of the historically great seasons in NBA history. I mean it's hard to even take you seriously now and you wonder why a few of us bring up your prediction years ago. It's because of stuff like this. Oh and let's also forget AD is only 23 years old lol. Things like that should be accounted for when considering someone untradeable.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is really simple. Do you believe Leonard is untradeable but AD isn't?
    This is pointless to ask as I already answered this question. You're problem is you seem to think your opinion is the authority on the matter. And because mines differ it must be hate against Davis. Leonard is probably the best defender in the league and the main offensive threat for a top 3 team. It's not even a discussion for me. I'd take Leonard over Curry. So I guess I hate Steph Curry as well. Only players better than Kawhi to me is James and Durant.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Only players better than Kawhi to me is James and Durant.
    Hahahahah aha

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Some of you really need to grow up. It's like children around here. But I guess this is the internet and that's how grown individuals are supposed to act sadly.
    Please don't ever leave man. I love you bro! And I actually agree with you.

    When was the last time a Power forward carried a team to the championship? And Duncan is eliminated just from the simple fact that Poplovich is a cheat code.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Stats aren't the end all be all for me like it maybe is for you. I've been critical of plenty of players with monster stats and praising of players with solid stats. The game IMO is far too situational to say player X has more stats therefore they are the better player.

    As far as giving Davis his "due" I have no idea where you've been the past few years. Especially the start of this season when I mentioned that he showed me all the ability to do the things that made me think he couldn't be a superstar. And to my point you won't comment on that you'll still run to the pointless Davis vs Drummond debate, or comment on how I have some illogical ill feeling against Davis.
    100+ I agree with this full post. I love AD, but people can fall in love with the stat line too much. At the end of the day, who contribute more win shares for their team, AD or Harden?

    Btw I disagree with you on the Leonard >AD argument, I think Leonard is close, but not super duper star level. Nor do I think AD is a super duper star either. His playing style simply cannot carry a team year end and year out, as well as Leonard.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    When was the last time a Power forward carried a team to the championship? And Duncan is eliminated just from the simple fact that Poplovich is a cheat code.
    Duncan, Dirk, Lebron couldn't do it without a big, Kobe couldn't do it without a big, KG. . .

    Actually, going back and looking at previous champions it looks like the last team to win without a dominant big would be Jordan or maybe you could make a case for Detroit.

    The simple fact is any team needs more than one good player NO MATTER the position. Trying to say AD isn't in the highest tier of players because he is a big is absolute BS.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Stats aren't the end all be all for me like it maybe is for you. I've been critical of plenty of players with monster stats and praising of players with solid stats. The game IMO is far too situational to say player X has more stats therefore they are the better player.

    As far as giving Davis his "due" I have no idea where you've been the past few years. Especially the start of this season when I mentioned that he showed me all the ability to do the things that made me think he couldn't be a superstar. And to my point you won't comment on that you'll still run to the pointless Davis vs Drummond debate, or comment on how I have some illogical ill feeling against Davis.
    All he did was show an "ability" to do the things that made you think he couldn't be a superstar? Lol cmon man that's a backhanded compliment. Why can't you just say he is a superstar? Because he couldn't take a team full of d-league players to the playoffs in the West last season while missing a good portion himself? I mean you are entitled to your opinion, but I just feel like every GM and sports writer disagrees with you. And I don't understand the hate towards our franchise player.

  13. #38
    DMo fan Sakkreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Kaunas, Lithuania
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't think any player is "untradable" but if there was such category for me Davis doesn't make it in. Atleast not yet. That's guys you expect to be in the playoffs simply because he's on the team. That's Curry, Harden, Westbrook, James, Durant, Leonard. Davis isn't in that class not yet anyways so he tradable for the right price.
    Lmao at thinking Curry would carry ******** team to playoffs. Not that type of player at all. I don't think Kawhi would either. Others you mentioned yeah sure, especially LeBron, Westbrook and Harden.

    Superstar players like AD is hardest thing to get in the NBA.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    All he did was show an "ability" to do the things that made you think he couldn't be a superstar? Lol cmon man that's a backhanded compliment. Why can't you just say he is a superstar? Because he couldn't take a team full of d-league players to the playoffs in the West last season while missing a good portion himself? I mean you are entitled to your opinion, but I just feel like every GM and sports writer disagrees with you. And I don't understand the hate towards our franchise player.
    How is this a backhanded compliment? My biggest gripe against Davis for years was that he never showed me that superstar ability. Saying that he showed me that skill level is the greatest compliment I can give a player that's still within the age you'd expect them to get better.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    How is this a backhanded compliment? My biggest gripe against Davis for years was that he never showed me that superstar ability. Saying that he showed me that skill level is the greatest compliment I can give a player that's still within the age you'd expect them to get better.
    You actually would rather Drummond over Davis? Wow! Hey I'll give you some credit for sticking to to your guns at least.

  16. #41
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    You actually would rather Drummond over Davis? Wow! Hey I'll give you some credit for sticking to to your guns at least.
    Stop. You know Throne doesn't still feel that way. Why do ppl gotta continue to break his balls, by bringing this up? It's like the lowest form of discourse possible, yet some just love to pull that card.

  17. #42
    Man, I am tempted to say Greek Freek and Jabari for AD and this years first.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not funny just a rare exception. Those things happens. Kobe missed the playoffs one year. Either way imo Davis isn't on Westbrook tier.
    He's above it.

    Westbrook is a great player in isolation, but he has shown that he doesn't get along ideally with others or play well in a team situation. He reminds more and more of Iverson everyday. Let him play his type of ball and you can be a playoff team if you give him a bunch of above average parts, but he will struggle to ever be more then that because he only accepts playing his way.

    You put Davis on the Spurs and trade Leonard to the Pelicans? I think the Pelicans don't look that much better, if not worse then right now.

    The only reason it might work better is because Leonard would cover up our biggest hole and we have some decent guys behind Davis to make things work. But put Davis on the Spurs? In Pop's system? Have him be built around for several years? You are talking multiple championships and a new dynasty IMO. You underestimate just how good Pop is at optimizing players and developing them. Its like a debate I got in about a year ago about Paul George vs Kawhi Leonard. Like if you replaced Kawhi with Paul George, would the Spurs get any worse or get better?

    Whoever you choose, you still have to come away acknowledging that Paul George on the Spurs, instead of the rough Indy situation, would elevate his output. Which just helps expose that we need to keep in mind surrounding circumstances for players as well.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-13-2017 at 11:37 PM.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    You actually would rather Drummond over Davis? Wow! Hey I'll give you some credit for sticking to to your guns at least.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is pointless to ask as I already answered this question. You're problem is you seem to think your opinion is the authority on the matter. And because mines differ it must be hate against Davis. Leonard is probably the best defender in the league and the main offensive threat for a top 3 team. It's not even a discussion for me. I'd take Leonard over Curry. So I guess I hate Steph Curry as well. Only players better than Kawhi to me is James and Durant.
    I think I get why you say this, and it's been touched on by a number of people already. I think the difference is that all these other players have usage rates close to point guard, so they can impact the game in terms of creating for others, thus elevating their game. AD doesn't seem to get that opportunity, or he isn't quite able to do that yet, and in addition is lacking in high iq players to get him the ball where he likes it to goto work.

    On defense, again AD is not marking players on the wing or in the back court where the most deadly offensive players are, he's usually the last line of defense. He does that very well, but again hard to play lock down defense on the best offensive players that way.

    The last guy to lead a team at AD's position is Duncan and probably Garnett. Duncan always had a hall of famer with him whether it was Robinson or TP and Manu. Garnett was in and out of the playoffs depending on his roster during that season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.


    Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I think I get why you say this, and it's been touched on by a number of people already. I think the difference is that all these other players have usage rates close to point guard, so they can impact the game in terms of creating for others, thus elevating their game. AD doesn't seem to get that opportunity, or he isn't quite able to do that yet, and in addition is lacking in high iq players to get him the ball where he likes it to goto work.

    On defense, again AD is not marking players on the wing or in the back court where the most deadly offensive players are, he's usually the last line of defense. He does that very well, but again hard to play lock down defense on the best offensive players that way.

    The last guy to lead a team at AD's position is Duncan and probably Garnett. Duncan always had a hall of famer with him whether it was Robinson or TP and Manu. Garnett was in and out of the playoffs depending on his roster during that season.
    You could probably add Dirk Nowitzki to this group also. But I get what you're saying. Bottom line AD needs a legit running mate.

  22. #47
    Yeah, I mean just look at James Harden. Last year he had Dwight Howard, Ariza and a decent set of role players. Arguably better then anything Davis has had in his career and Harden barely made the playoffs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •