.
Pelicans Report
 

View Poll Results: Grade Dell Demps as G.M. (Give Honest Assessment)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.64%
  • B

    1 1.64%
  • C

    25 40.98%
  • D

    28 45.90%
  • F

    6 9.84%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Grade Dell Demps as G.M. (Give Honest Assessment)

  1. #1

    Pelicans Grade Dell Demps as G.M. (Give Honest Assessment)

    Give the Pros, and Cons on Dell Demps right now. What has he done right, and what has he done wrong? Don't forget to grade him in the poll. In the next couple of days we will do Gentry. Again this is not who knows better, This is strictly your thoughts!

  2. #2
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,066
    Plus
    Finding minimum guys. DMo. Dante. Ennis. Frazier. Jones. Finding 'Internationals' Ayon. Roberts. Ajinca ( ).
    Draft Diallo (2 for 1. Good guess). Finding BDJ.
    Great offers for RFA. Ryno and RoLo
    Small QPon and Cole moves.
    Not bad offer Reke.
    AD was no brainer

    Minus
    CP3 LAKERS trade. LAC trade was not good but nailed AD.
    Draft.
    EJ extension.
    EJ nad Ryno walk.
    Not proper use of Ariza. We had great frickin SF
    And more...

    In total good small moves and bad big moves.
    Because of Benson or not. Does not matter.

    I believed him many times in past. But he failed my expectations.
    Last edited by pawel; 01-08-2017 at 06:09 AM.

  3. #3
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Plus
    Finding minimum guys. DMo. Dante. Ennis. Frazier. Jones. Finding 'Internationals' Ayon. Roberts. Ajinca ( ).
    Draft Diallo (2 for 1. Good guess). Finding BDJ.
    Great offers for RFA. Ryno and RoLo
    Small QPon and Cole moves.
    Not bad offer Reke.
    AD was no brainer

    Minus
    CP3 LAKERS trade. LAC trade was not good but nailed AD.
    Draft.
    EJ extension.
    EJ nad Ryno walk.
    Not proper use of Ariza. We had great frickin SF
    And more...

    In total good small moves and bad big moves.
    Because of Benson or not. Does not matter.

    I believed him many times in past. But he failed my expectations.
    I gave a C for all the reasons above. Nothing really pushed the needle but he's gotten us to borderline playoffs, meaning an average team. I think one of his biggest mistakes was firing Monty. He was a young learning coach that got the most out of his players and the biggest thing is coached to his team to their strengths. Not doing like gentry and trying to fit the player to his system.

  4. #4
    Someone gave him an A?


  5. #5
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,975
    I hesitated between C and D. It is a C cause he has been really unlucky with injuries and the team (teams) he envisioned never had a chance to play for a longer time. On the other hand though with AD playing great having this record is outrageous

  6. #6
    Exhibit C Nola3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    833
    I acknowledge that he has made some good low-end signings, but I went D because we have had a top 10 player for 4 seasons and we have 0 playoff wins to show for it.

  7. #7
    low end signings does not a good GM make.

    This isn't passable GMsmanship by any means. It's a D.

  8. #8
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,014
    I gave him what I consider a C-... I see him a little less than average, and unless he pulls off something pretty special very soon, he needs to be replaced... heck, probably should be replaced even if he does manage to pull rabbit out of the hat.... not an easy job, but there are some out there that would be better at it...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I gave him what I consider a C-... I see him a little less than average, and unless he pulls off something pretty special very soon, he needs to be replaced... heck, probably should be replaced even if he does manage to pull rabbit out of the hat.... not an easy job, but there are some out there that would be better at it...
    who's worse right now?...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    who's worse right now?...
    GM: Sun's, Kings, Knicks, 76ers. I don't have time to name them all. Now but probably a good 10 or so GMs I'd say are worse.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    GM: Sun's, Kings, Knicks, 76ers. I don't have time to name them all. Now but probably a good 10 or so GMs I'd say are worse.
    What why? Suns GM (Ryan McDonough) drafted Booker and has 0 bad contracts except maybe Knight. The Knight trade was dumb, as was the IT trade but still deserves a lot of credit for finding IT and Dragic and getting them on stupid good contracts. Managed to turn Markieff and Dragic in to good first round picks. The suns have a ton draft picks right now. I'd easily take that resume over Demps.

    Kings: eh maybe. Nobody will sign with them as long as they have that idiot owner. I hardly blame Divac for that mess. And still Kings are closer to the playoffs with Cousins than we are with AD. He did make a great coach signing. More than we can say.

    Knicks: Jackson hasn't been THAT bad. Still drafted KPorz which is more than Demps has ever done and took some serious balls. Lee and Rose look good for them. He got them winning again. Only awful move made so far was signing Noah to that contract.

    76ers: Nah, Colangelo was bad in Toronto yea, but still better than Demps. I think he's only made good moves as GM of the 76ers so far.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 01-08-2017 at 03:05 PM.

  12. #12
    What has hurt Dell in his era as Pelicans GM is injuries. All of the top players he acquired has been or was injured for a long periods of time. Sure, some contracts were a bit bloated for little production, but that is what contracts are banked on (potential). I truly believe this team is one offseason away from competing legitimately in the Western Conference. He has to look into acquiring a #2 for AD now.

  13. #13
    After reading that it's clear you will find any way to excuse other GMs to hate on Dell.

  14. #14
    I see Demps is a member of PR.com.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I see Demps is a member of PR.com.
    Because most are rating him between average and below average? Lol

  16. #16
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,783
    think he meant the A rating.

  17. #17
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Someone gave him an A?

    His wife.

  18. #18
    Oh this is a poll? I can't see. I'm on mobile.

  19. #19
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Oh this is a poll? I can't see. I'm on mobile.
    I'm on a mobile.
    Change your settings on the bottom of the page.
    "Desktop settings" or something like that.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    GM: Sun's, Kings, Knicks, 76ers. I don't have time to name them all. Now but probably a good 10 or so GMs I'd say are worse.
    I thought Hinkie quit?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    What why? Suns GM (Ryan McDonough) drafted Booker and has 0 bad contracts except maybe Knight. The Knight trade was dumb, as was the IT trade but still deserves a lot of credit for finding IT and Dragic and getting them on stupid good contracts. Managed to turn Markieff and Dragic in to good first round picks. The suns have a ton draft picks right now. I'd easily take that resume over Demps.

    Kings: eh maybe. Nobody will sign with them as long as they have that idiot owner. I hardly blame Divac for that mess. And still Kings are closer to the playoffs with Cousins than we are with AD. He did make a great coach signing. More than we can say.

    Knicks: Jackson hasn't been THAT bad. Still drafted KPorz which is more than Demps has ever done and took some serious balls. Lee and Rose look good for them. He got them winning again. Only awful move made so far was signing Noah to that contract.

    76ers: Nah, Colangelo was bad in Toronto yea, but still better than Demps. I think he's only made good moves as GM of the 76ers so far.
    Well said .

  22. #22
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,675
    Whoever said A must be a troll or a relative.

  23. #23
    I'd say a D+ but C- is fair IMO. The big moves just blow up in his face and those are the moves that make or break teams. I get the injuries and that's the only thing that makes it not as bad. However his plan left little to no room for injuries.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I thought Hinkie quit?
    Do people still try and think Hinkie was a bad GM.

    Breaking News, for everyone that wanted to frame the Jrue trade as the battle of ideologies: Hinkie won.

    Hinkie won big.

    "The Process" has yielded "The Process" AND Ben Simmons, Jahlil Okafor, Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel multiple future first rounders, tons of cap space. They are in a very positive position right now. No guarantee the current brass will capitalize properly on that or that unintended events couldn't derail it, but the Sixers are a very promising young by team.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Do people still try and think Hinkie was a bad GM.

    Breaking News, for everyone that wanted to frame the Jrue trade as the battle of ideologies: Hinkie won.

    Hinkie won big.

    "The Process" has yielded "The Process" AND Ben Simmons, Jahlil Okafor, Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel multiple future first rounders, tons of cap space. They are in a very positive position right now. No guarantee the current brass will capitalize properly on that or that unintended events couldn't derail it, but the Sixers are a very promising young by team.
    The Sixers have been "promising" for over 6 years now. Hinkie no longer has a job. Not much to show for MKW. They are going to get low-balled for Noel & Okafor. The reason they have tons of cap space is because nobody wants to play there and their young players are still ???. At this rate, it'll still be a minimun 5 years before they even sniff the playoffs...in the east.

    If Hinkie won "big" he'd still be employed.
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •