Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should the Pelicans be interested in F Paul Millsap?

I will be very mad if Pelicans get Millsap. Would hurt our future even more

I'm good either way we better get AD some help soon and a rookie isn't helping or attracting anybody to this roster for minimum two years and that's if we're lucky .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not talking salaries or what it means for the future, I think Millsap would be an incredible fit next to Davis. If the pick is Lottery protected we still keep it this year, with how terrible our start is def a shot we keep it. Salary wise its a dumpster fire but from a basketball perspective I aint mad at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't care anymore. Either way we will go on the ride wherever this franchise takes us.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

So what happens to Chiek Diallo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Not talking salaries or what it means for the future, I think Millsap would be an incredible fit next to Davis. If the pick is Lottery protected we still keep it this year, with how terrible our start is def a shot we keep it. Salary wise its a dumpster fire but from a basketball perspective I aint mad at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I agree my main thing is the pick will likely be around 10, so the chance of getting a really good player are reduced. If that's the case why not get a player who wil be a borderline All star for a couple seasons and then help develop young players like Diallo in the latter couple
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

7-17 is likely our draft pick window unless we get REALLY lucky.

To fix our PF/C or SF issue we're looking at guys like:
    Jonathan Isaac SF
    Lauri Markkanen PF
    OG Anunoby SF
    Harry Giles PF
    Miles Bridges SF/PF
    Rodions Kurucs SF
    Isaiah Hartenstein PF
    Thomas Bryant C
    Bam Adebayo C

Obviously the mock isn't the real draft order, but one of those guys will definitely be where we pick if its in that range. Also if AD doesn't want to stay at Center then Millsap becomes a liability.

I just see no sense in trading the 1st rnd pick unless its top 20 protected for a few years.

Also, what is the point of trying to compete now? Golden State and the LeBrons are going to be unbeatable for the next 4 years. We should be aiming to compete as LeBron declines and GS starts to fracture their core. By then AD will be 27, Jrue 31, Buddy 26, and our next pick anywhere from 22 to 25 ish. that will be where we're most competitive IMO.
    Last edited by Impose; 01-05-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Looking like the Raptors jumped in front of us for Milsap

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    7-17 is likely our draft pick window unless we get REALLY lucky.

To fix our PF/C or SF issue we're looking at guys like:
    Jonathan Isaac SF
    Lauri Markkanen PF
    OG Anunoby SF
    Harry Giles PF
    Miles Bridges SF/PF
    Rodions Kurucs SF
    Isaiah Hartenstein PF
    Thomas Bryant C
    Bam Adebayo C

Obviously the mock isn't the real draft order, but one of those guys will definitely be where we pick if its in that range. Also if AD doesn't want to stay at Center then Millsap becomes a liability.

I just see no sense in trading the 1st rnd pick unless its top 20 protected for a few years.
    It doesn't make any sense. We are years behind in building a core on our team because we trade away our draft picks so quickly. Also, I'm almost 100% sure our first round pick won't be dealt this year because I don't think Dell will be here during the offseason. So how can he trade away pieces he won't have?

It's unbelievable how this fanbase (as much as the GM) can't learn from his own mistakes.

I've already seen all arguments for trading pick(s) for a veteran, it has been done and how do you feel about the result ? We are in years 5 of a rebuild and still in the bottom 10 of the standing, but yeah let's keep trading pick, especially for 32 years old veteran.

If the hawks can pull this one, they would be geniuses. Getting a first pick, probably in the lottery, for 6 month rental, they would be the best FO in the league with this highway robbery. I mean it's nice to see that Billy King's spirit is still alive and there is still a team in the league that you can take advantage of their stupidity.
    Last edited by Blattman; 01-05-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This is where I would like to see him land. IMO the best fit for him his on the Raptors. I'm sick of seeing Lebron play nobody until the Eastern Finals where the Raptors are a player short away from competetong with them. The Raptors adding Milsap changes that and instantly makes them a big threat to the Cavs. They didn't have Valencunis last year really either. He came back off injury in the middle of the series barely playing. So Raptors will basically have 2 new very good big men for their run this year.

We trade away our 2017 1st Rd pick that is likely to be between 7-13 and I'm officially done with this organization until new management is brought in. Trade away a 1st Rd pick for a 32 year old Milsap who will likely demand a max level type contract next year LOLOL and I thought it couldn't get any worse. Good lord help the Pelicans please. This draft is absolutely loaded with high end talent and is deep AF. No way this should EVER happen. Only with Dell Demps is it possible or likely. I mean the Asik crap wasn't enough for us to deal with already. Now this. Any GM that has made as many bad moves as this cat time after time in all phases of his job would've been fired already at any competent ran franchise. We are truly the worse franchise when talking upper management. Mickey Loomis got dis doe. Hey Joe Vitt and Bill Johnson were finally fired today. So I guess Hell could freeze over twice.

Thank you Baby Jesus let's hope it is finalized ASAP. See now that type of move makes sense for the Raptors imo. The move itself can't be judged in a vacuum. It just is 100000% the wrong move to make for this franchise. It'd be a true tragedy and it'd rear its ugly head in 2-3 years. Guaranteed.

What are they throwing away?

If we had any sense or a GM worth a lick. We'd tried to acquire Korver from ATL for the short term while not hurting our long term. I think he'd light it up here. Would be a nice chess piece for Gentrys offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    If we had any sense or a GM worth a lick. We'd tried to acquire Korver from ATL for the short term while not hurting our long term. I think he'd light it up here. Would be a nice chess piece for Gentrys offense.
    Trying to take minutes away from Buddy (and Moore, Gallo etc etc)?

Shooting guard is the last place we need to add more pieces at

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Trying to take minutes away from Buddy (and Moore, Gallo etc etc)?

Shooting guard is the last place we need to add more pieces at
    Korver can play the 3 all day in Gentrys offense. He is a legit 6'7-6'8 in shoes. Has a decent wingspan. I've watched him play the 3 a lot in aTL. And no Gentry takes away enough min from Buddy and Dalo by himself already lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Korver can play the 3 all day in Gentrys offense. He is a legit 6'7-6'8 in shoes. Has a decent wingspan. I've watched him play the 3 a lot in aTL. And no Gentry takes away enough min from Buddy and Dalo by himself already lol
    What's the point at playing him at the 3 when he never ever drives?

Going after Millsap and giving him a contract he wants would be much worse than Asik and Hill. It would kill this team..

Yea Korver is definitely not what we need right now. He can't do anything but sit back and hit 3s which we have plenty of guys who can do that. He fits the Cavs because of Lebron allowing him to get wide open. He would take minutes away from Buddy who plays a lot of 2/3 on the court with Moore. I rather Galloway and Moore then Korver.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is where I would like to see him land. IMO the best fit for him his on the Raptors. I'm sick of seeing Lebron play nobody until the Eastern Finals where the Raptors are a player short away from competetong with them. The Raptors adding Milsap changes that and instantly makes them a big threat to the Cavs. They didn't have Valencunis last year really either. He came back off injury in the middle of the series barely playing. So Raptors will basically have 2 new very good big men for their run this year.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Millsap's max will start at about $35M a year and rise from there this summer.
    Is that the new "super-max" level? He will not command that.

I'm all for the Pels trading their first (protected) for Millsap because I really want to see Demps fired, and that might be the most certain way of doing that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise    Contributor   

No reason to waste time freaking out about this - no way do we make the best offer Atlanta will get. We don't have the assets. What is interesting, to me anyway, is what happens with the connected pieces, like where does Dunleavy go? Does a 3rd team get involved and for what? We know we are shopping Tyreke, and praying somebody would take Asik or Alexis, so can we get involved in the side and maybe pick up something

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Let's play this out.

One of the things I find interesting is the salary matching. We almost certainly would have to include Tyreke. And is a much younger expiring Tyreke really a throw in? Do we get THAT much better if also losing Tyreke? Maybe he could go to a third team?

I would want to find a way to also get Thabo Sefalosha in the deal. He would really solidify our roster IMO. Ignoring roster spots for a second, maybe:

Pels get: Paul Millsap and Thabo Sefalosha

Hawks get: Tyreke Evans, Alexi Ajinca, Quincy Pondexter, Langston Galloway, Pels 2017 first top 7 protected, Sixers 2017 second

Hawks could surely dump one of their smallest contracts if needed for roster spot.

We would have:

PG- Jrue Holiday/ Tim Frazier
    SG- Buddy Hield/ E'Twaun Moore
    SF- Thabo Sefalosha/ Solomon Hill/ Dante Cunningham
    PF- Paul Millsap/ Terrence Jones/ Cheick Diallo
    C- Anthony Davis/ Donatas Montiejunas/ Omer Asik

I get the fear, but you do have to explore it. If you get Paul to handshake on a four year extension, this could get serious.

Thread Information