Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Dell – This is how you save your arse!!!

Dear Dell – This is how you save your arse!!!

Okay I know he’s not going to read this, but I think by some of the poll voting his family does.

Anyway I digress,

Firstly trade the 2017 1st rounder, 2017 2nd rounder (76er’s pick) and Frazier for Otto Porter.

Why does Washington do this?
    I can't see Washington signing Porter to the max when they are already at the cap for next season (111M) and Kelly Oubre is still on a rookie contract and is producing just as well as Porter at this stage into his rookie contract.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...ington-wizards

They also need another point guard to support Wall so we throw in Frazier as a sweetener.

Then before the trade deadline we need to get something for Evans and maybe throw in Ajinca for sending Tyreke to a contender for a late first rounder.

Then hope that Galloway and Cunningham don’t pick up their options (which I doubt they will).

Draft a pass first PG in the draft with either of the two 2nd rounders.

Sign both D-Mo and Jones with the cap space and then re-sign Holiday using his bird rights to go over the cap.

2017/18 Roster:

Holiday/ Pels 2nd rounder
    Hield/Moore/ Late 1st rounder (from the Tyreke trade)
    Porter/Hill/Q-Pon
    Davis/Jones
    D-Mo/Diallo/Asik

Then when Asik is in his final year we will have the extra cap space in 2018/19 to add to the roster to strengthen it.
    Flame away, but give some good arguments on what you would do that is a better alternative.

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Okay I know he’s not going to read this, but I think by some of the poll voting his family does.

Anyway I digress,

Firstly trade the 2017 1st rounder, 2017 2nd rounder (76er’s pick) and Frazier for Otto Porter.

Why does Washington do this?
    I can't see Washington signing Porter to the max when they are already at the cap for next season (111M) and Kelly Oubre is still on a rookie contract and is producing just as well as Porter at this stage into his rookie contract.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...ington-wizards

They also need another point guard to support Wall so we throw in Frazier as a sweetener.

Then before the trade deadline we need to get something for Evans and maybe throw in Ajinca for sending Tyreke to a contender for a late first rounder.

Then hope that Galloway and Cunningham don’t pick up their options (which I doubt they will).

Draft a pass first PG in the draft with either of the two 2nd rounders.

Sign both D-Mo and Jones with the cap space and then re-sign Holiday using his bird rights to go over the cap.

2017/18 Roster:

Holiday/ Pels 2nd rounder
    Hield/Moore/ Late 1st rounder (from the Tyreke trade)
    Porter/Hill/Q-Pon
    Davis/Jones
    D-Mo/Diallo/Asik

Then when Asik is in his final year we will have the extra cap space in 2018/19 to add to the roster to strengthen it.
    Flame away, but give some good arguments on what you would do that is a better alternative.

Thanks for reading!
    Sounds great, Porter would be a great fit here. Seems like Washington probably going to keep him, but it could happen.
    Question here though-- would they even have enough cap space to sign Porter to a near-max contract, and sign D-Mo to a sizeable contract? Not to mention Jones, too, who I'm not sure will be here next season. And then using bird rights to sign Holiday, that makes sense. But has this franchise gone over the cap often/at all and would they (Benson) be willing to pay that extra luxury tax? Great plan, though

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Sounds great, Porter would be a great fit here. Seems like Washington probably going to keep him, but it could happen.
    Question here though-- would they even have enough cap space to sign Porter to a near-max contract, and sign D-Mo to a sizeable contract? Not to mention Jones, too, who I'm not sure will be here next season. And then using bird rights to sign Holiday, that makes sense. But has this franchise gone over the cap often/at all and would they (Benson) be willing to pay that extra luxury tax? Great plan, though
    The big question is will Washington pay Porter the max after what they paid Beal and Mahinmi.
    They still need to sign or extend Wall in two years.

Signing Jones and D-Mo with cap space wont be an issue if Cunningham and Galloway aren't here.
    Also we will save money with not having a 1st round pick.

We will then have Porters bird rights as well as Holidays.

The question is will Benson go over the cap to do so like you mentioned, but Holiday, Buddy, Porter, Davis and D-Mo is a pretty nicer core that should be at least top 5 in the West.

We do not want to pay Porter a max deal. He's Harrison Barnes. Great in his role but we can't win paying him like a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    We do not want to pay Porter a max deal. He's Harrison Barnes. Great in his role but we can't win paying him like a franchise player.
    Ok who do you suggest we can get with our assets?

Ok who do you suggest we can get with our assets?
    How about build a team rather than rush to get rid of draft picks in order to get players who would be overpaid at the max?

Yeah the Asik experiment kind of failed. I would say just let the season play out and see what we can get in the draft.

I don't follow the Wizards, is Porter worth all that?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How about build a team rather than rush to get rid of draft picks in order to get players who would be overpaid at the max?
    Before AD leaves?
    Yeah didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He is playing well this season averaging -

MP PTS RB AS FG 3P FT
    33.9 14.1 6.6 1.6 54 43 83

However it is a contract year, but hey it's better than one playoff game isn't it?
    I know Dell liked him coming into the draft.

Banned
    AD was pretty annoyed that he missed out on getting the Rose Max last extension

I wouldn't underestimate the lure of the super max in keeping him

Or maybe he will have a different viewpoint on money in 3 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Lelicans; 01-08-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Oh *****. He might be having second thoughts on Millsap? Now he is interested again?

I read that as he called in the past. Probably the same thing we knew about but you never really know.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Banned
    Well Harrell from Houston is dominating with Capella out. 28 points on 12-13 shooting today. He may even be better than Clint.

Surely they both have a case to start.

Wonder if we can trade the 2015 1st for one of them

For some reason, it's like the end of the world to some people here

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Not even close....

Before AD leaves?
    Yeah didn't think so.
    Absolutely! After this year, we have 3-4 more years left! Why don't you people understand this!!!!

Do you honestly think that a couple of 1st round exits in the playoffs are going to keep him here? Get real! The only thing that will keep him here is talent!!! It has to be a team that he can grow with, and it has to be a team that is on the rise that shows championship potential. Only 2 ways to get that. 1) Trade for a superstar, which Otto Porter is surely NOT! 2) Draft a superstar in the making. This draft is full of them.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 01-08-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Before AD leaves?
    Yeah didn't think so.
    And you honestly think mortgaging the future (picks and cap) for Otto Porter is the answer?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    For some reason, it's like the end of the world to some people here

Not even close....

Absolutely! After this year, we have 3-4 more years left! Why don't you people understand this!!!!

Do you honestly think that a couple of 1st round exits in the playoffs are going to keep him here? Get real! The only thing that will keep him here is talent!!! It has to be a team that he can grow with, and it has to be a team that is on the rise that shows championship potential. Only 2 ways to get that. 1) Trade for a superstar, which Otto Porter is surely NOT! 2) Draft a superstar in the making. This draft is full of them.
    3 and a half years left. Player option after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    3 and a half years left. Player option after that.
    Plenty of time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Plenty of time.
    I agree, just always the nagging feeling he might request a trade at some stage if the wins don't come

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    I agree, just always the nagging feeling he might request a trade at some stage if the wins don't come
    I get what you're saying, but you can't run a franchise that way.

Yeah this seems like the same situation Kevin Garnett was in with the Timberwolves. Eventually found his way out and won a title.

And you honestly think mortgaging the future (picks and cap) for Otto Porter is the answer?
    Still haven't heard your plan.
    Gentry and Demps aren't waiting for the draft.

It's a shame if they don't. IMO it's the only path to redemption for this team. Getting good prospect. Worst case he become a star too late, you have to trade AD but with players draft picks you got from AD you can build around your core of Diallo, Hield and the 2017 lottery pick. Best case, he's good enough to take this team into contention and you keep AD and flexilibity.

Based on what? Because they might get fired? If they are that close to being fired why would Loomis give them the ability to throw away the future for a small chance at a playoff appearance? He wouldn't.

Everyone needs to just chill out and see where we are at the end of the season.

The longer we try making short term moves to get better now the more likely we are to making the franchise even worse thus almost insuring Davis will leave. Again to beat a dead horse if we would have held or draft picks for Holiday and Asik and put all our focus into scouting we'd likely have the talent everyone is pointing out we need.

Thread Information