Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Pelicans signing Motiejunas?

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    3 year/$40 million w/incentives
    I think I'd be good with that. The Nets offer sheet was 4 year / $37 mil (9.25 per year) so 13.33 per year seems fair with the cap increase. If he does end up with numbers similar to what I posted though, I think he could possibly get 15+ per year from someone. I want him to do really well here, but I also would like to keep him for a reasonable price. I guess we'll see how it plays out

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    I think I'd be good with that. The Nets offer sheet was 4 year / $37 mil (9.25 per year) so 13.33 per year seems fair with the cap increase. If he does end up with numbers similar to what I posted though, I think he could possibly get 15+ per year from someone. I want him to do really well here, but I also would like to keep him for a reasonable price. I guess we'll see how it plays out
    Guarantee him a starting spot and no Houston ********!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    the better question would be 'how much could we offer him?'. if we renounce our cap hold on reke and jones, I think it leaves us 5 mill in cap space (with jrues cap hold of 17mill, and dante and Langston picking up their player options)
    Oh well if we only have 5 mil in cap space, then it's adios DMo. I didn't realize it was such a low number. Guess it depends on our path with Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    weird, a new user with a nickname of "I hate T.Jones!" complaining about never ending pessimism and negativity at another player? I didn't actually hear the specific negativity you speak about in the locked on podcast. More two bloggers chatting about what impact he could have, and MM saying its funny the people who were crying for more playing time for Diallo are happy with the signing, even though it means less playing time now for Diallo. that and MM having a go at people using the phrase "low risk high reward". Part of the low expectation being that dmo is behind on play time with the team, missing camp, hasn't played ball in a while. hardly invalid points on the guy.
    Yeah, I don't say they're wrong to be negative, but the pessimism is overwhelming. I'm a long time listener of couple other team Locked On pods and first time hearing Pels pod was very different. Actually I think the BourbonStreetShots pod was the one that left a really bad taste, LockedOn not so much.

Great game for DMO! I think he ll do good things for this team! GO GO Pelicans!

Better playing DMo=lower probability of trading for Millsap.

Win win

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    Yeah, I don't say they're wrong to be negative, but the pessimism is overwhelming. I'm a long time listener of couple other team Locked On pods and first time hearing Pels pod was very different. Actually I think the BourbonStreetShots pod was the one that left a really bad taste, LockedOn not so much.
    Haha my bad I said locked on when I meant BSS. Locked on is Jake madison, Jake seems to be generally fairly upbeat. In the NO is Ryan Schwan and latest episode was mm. Again, I didn't find it overly negative though mm is seen to be.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Oh well if we only have 5 mil in cap space, then it's adios DMo. I didn't realize it was such a low number. Guess it depends on our path with Jrue
    Not true.
    We have way more than 5M in cap space.
    If Galloway and Cunningham sign elsewhere we will have enough to sign both D-Mo, Jones and use Holidays bird rights to go over the cap.

The question is why would we, unless we pick up our SF in the draft.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Dmo could be an important piece for this team. I think he has more potential than TJones.

I worry that this team could get worse next year. The GM has a lot to take care of.

If we keep losing 60-70 percent of our games I would trade our first round pick, Asik, and Reke for Jimmy Butler. Bulls would consider that I think. The pick is valuable, Reke is expiring but could resign if he gels there, Asik wouldn't be a tough pill to swallow when you get a likely lottery pick and decent player in Tyreke. I wouldn't trade AD, Buddy, or Jrue. Anyone else is on the table.

If we could get butler, resign Jrue we instantly improve the team. If Dmo works out well then we resign him.

I'd love this lineup

Jrue
    Buddy
    Butler
    Dmo
    AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Not true.
    If Galloway and Cunningham sign elsewhere we will have enough to sign both D-Mo, Jones and use Holidays bird rights to go over the cap.

I said it was on the proviso Galloway and Dante picked up their player options.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I would trade our first round pick, Asik, and Reke for Jimmy Butler. Bulls would consider that I think.
    Bulls would trade their 2nd round pick and Mirotic with Rondo for Anthony Davis. I think Pelicans would consider that, I think, before declining unpolitely.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    Bulls would trade their 2nd round pick and Mirotic with Rondo for Anthony Davis. I think Pelicans would consider that, I think, before declining unpolitely.
    They wouldn't even consider. It'd take a lot more to get AD than 1 good player, a 2nd round pick, and a bad contract.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    They wouldn't even consider. It'd take a lot more to get AD than 1 good player, a 2nd round pick, and a bad contract.
    I assume Mr Jones is being sarcastic. I like that for Butler just add more like 2 first, Tyreke, Asik, and Frazier.

I'd give 2 1st rounders and all those bums to Chicago in a heartbeat.
    And a host of 2nd roundets

Jimmy Butler got worse, but he's still young and entering his prime all star, you're not getting him for Tyreke "expiring contract" Evans and a first rounder. You're not getting Buttler for 2 first rounders either! Unless it's 2 top 10 kind of first rounders. Nets are asking 2 first rounders for B. Lopez. Bulls, btw, haven't even made Buttler available, why would they. Even if Bulls tank they are not giving away Jimmy. I think Pels need to surround AD with REAL 3 point shooters (Hardaway jr is available for 2nd rounder), not guys who had one game of shooting over average from deep.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Better playing DMo=lower probability of trading for Millsap.

Win win
    If it is true that Dell considered trading for Millsap I should change his grade to E in the other thread (unless it was to be for Asik )

D-mo fans in

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Not true.

I absolutely believe it is worth shuffling Tyreke and Gallo for some contract we can waive and wash our hands of simply because it will give us the room to resign either DMo or TJones if we have to. Less we have cap holds the more we can maneuver. Will really help set up the Jrue resigning if we can secure a couple of proven productive bigs and draft a SF who could grow into something special.

Tyreke's cap hold will be off the books because we won't resign him. I forget the exact number but we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 15m this off season.

More than enough to sign DMo if he continues to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemetas View Post
    D-mo fans in
    DMo played in Poland right before coming to the NBA.

Like him. But not a fan of...

Thread Information