Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans signing Motiejunas?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Neither of our 7 footers pass. Asik isn't a ball stopper, but he's goofy in making the ball go where it needs to and Ajinca chunks at the rim no matter what.

Donuts should provide a boost in that regard, even if he literally does nothing else.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 01-04-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

Man the Pels are adding some fans from DMo lol. I have seen damn near 10 new people on this thread alone. No telling how many people have taken interest who don't come to message boards. This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Hakeem Olajuwon training DMo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fPsZx8E03o
    Cool video of the dream teaching DMo some post moves if anyone is interested. His post game definitely looks like he soaked up some of his teaching
    Anthony Davis needs this. Bad.

Our fanbase used to love this guy, so I am kind of excited to see how he performs. He has always been a skilled player which is something I want to see from our bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Neither of our 7 footers pass. Asik isn't a ball stopper, but he's goofy in making the ball go where it needs to and Ajinca chunks at the rim no matter what.

Donuts should provide a boost in that regard, even if he literally does nothing else.
    I could definitely see D-Mo being used sort of how Gentry/Kerr used Bogut in GS. He was already playing most of his minutes at the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Anthony Davis needs this. Bad.
    Why doesn't he just do it?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why doesn't he just do it?
    AD wants to be far more like Durant than The Dream.

Which is sad, because Hakeem would absolutely destroy teams if he were playing now. Absolutely unguardable.

AD is leading all big men in the NBA. Guy is the most dominant big man in this game. He's going his own route which doesn't have to be identical to Hakeem to be successful. He is only 23 years old which some seem to completely forget. He has his own moves in the paint that he is still working on. Don't know how his game resembles Durants in any way. Plays a lot like Garnett which is fine with me. Again he is just 23 and it's very possible he adds another post move to his game over the next few off seasons as he enters his prime.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    AD is leading all big men in the NBA. Guy is the most dominant big man in this game. He's going his own route which doesn't have to be identical to Hakeem to be successful. He is only 23 years old which some seem to completely forget. He has his own moves in the paint that he is still working on. Don't know how his game resembles Durants in any way. Plays a lot like Garnett which is fine with me. Again he is just 23 and it's very possible he adds another post move to his game over the next few off seasons as he enters his prime.
    perhaps he and D.Mo will work together off to the side some....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Banned
    Man the Pels are adding some fans from DMo lol. I have seen damn near 10 new people on this thread alone. No telling how many people have taken interest who don't come to message boards. This is awesome!
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielius9 View Post
    The moment AD knew he wanted Motiejunas in a Pels jersey

Actually believe with dmo and his elite post moves will help ad and his but also ads post moves which is why I think this move is bigger then some people think

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Actually believe with dmo and his elite post moves will help ad and his but also ads post moves which is why I think this move is bigger then some people think
    Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Banned
    Has anyone stopped to ask if a half year rental of DMo is even a good idea?

Probably will get us a few more wins, lessen our draft possession and then leave in the off-season

I'm not so sure about it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post

Probably will get us a few more wins, lessen our draft possession and then leave in the off-season

I'm not so sure about it
    If it were for anything but the vet minimum, then yeah. It'd be a problem. But it's not and we already had a good draft. At some point, we're going to need to shoot this stupid T-word mindset behind the ear. We acquire talent after years of losing...then poof, suddenly we're ready to contend for a title? Or are we going to need playoff experience? Positive momentum upward instead of pretending that the Process is an actual thing. Hell, just look at Minnesota. All that talent, and they haven't suddenly become a winning team.

Besides, this ain't your run of the mill draft. Even if we're picking 12th or something, we can still end up with a very good player.

Plus, you know.

Lottery.

I never said his game resembles Durant at all. I said AD WANTS to be far more like Durant aka face up to the basket, jumpshots, etc. This is why he tried expanding out to the 3pt line last year. He still wants to be a guard.

Even now when you watch AD post someone up a good bit of the time he faces them up and drives. The only real move I see him make out of a post up is that baby hook move from 3-6ft out. Part of the issue I think is his handles. He lost the ball A LOT during the Cavs game when trying to post up. AD is an amazing basketball player, but his post game is a weakness. We can't just dump the ball off to him and let him back a player down.

This is the reason I like the DMo signing the most. He's the only big we have that has a post up game.

I don't know why this thread still has rumors sticker but newer mind, hope to see DMo on the court as soon as possible. In this case i think things will go well for both sides Donatas and Pelicans. Hope DMo will be in shape in couple of games, as been said he does practice 5 hours/day so it wouldn't be hard to reach it. Imho DMo fits by AD well and will help him develop his game as low post scorer. Also DMo's the passing skills are incredible for 7 footer and there would be less ISO and more team plays in Pelican games. I also hope he gets starting spot sooner than later. DMo is better player than every front court Pelicans player except AD.
    BTW, why Pelicans board in RealGM forum is so unpopular?

I kinda see Dmo as Andrew Bogut lite. Less rebounding and defense, better offense the main differences.

Basketball Guru

be honest with yourself...cousins is the dominant big man in this game.....

now as for this signing...i have been crying for years over demps not addressing post up scoring......we have not had a post up player since carl landry was here and we made the playoffs with his help..........i hope this guy put a smile on my face in the paint and be able to get some points down there when the shots are not falling.......i pray for this....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I kinda see Dmo as Andrew Bogut lite. Less rebounding and defense, better offense the main differences.

aw man,,,you are talking about ajinca...

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post

I'm not so sure about it
    Playoffs experience when you have young core > higher draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    be honest with yourself...cousins is the dominant big man in this game.....

now as for this signing...i have been crying for years over demps not addressing post up scoring......we have not had a post up player since carl landry was here and we made the playoffs with his help..........i hope this guy put a smile on my face in the paint and be able to get some points down there when the shots are not falling.......i pray for this....
    Offensively maybe Cousins. Overall AD is better and he's not a headcase either.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTU_Z View Post
    BTW, why Pelicans board in RealGM forum is so unpopular?
    Because we have a couple of popular Pelicans boards already, there is no need for the realgm board I post in the general and trade boards from time to time as jon1798.

You can watch this guy over and over again, just really great pick by Pelicans. People who doubt about his loyality, relax, if he gets minutes, he will stay in NO. He is not about money, he is all about basketball. I think his post moves, work ethic speaks for himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgUvN9a-seQ

Thread Information