Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I WANT GENTRY OUT.....MARK JACKSON IN

Some people actually want to keep Gentry now. Maybe we need Gentry kicked out of each game!
    Last edited by Champ; 12-29-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rameythegreat View Post
    Draymond started playing more when david lee got hurt i wasnt steve kerr genius.....when players get better they get more responsibility unless klay and curry was this good from day one. The death lineup was because of desperation in finals they barley put that lineup the regular season and most of playoffs that year....the best players WIN good teams develop those players JACKSON can do that......oh and check draft reports on dray,curry and klay they had glaring holes in there game when they came out .so unless ur saying that they work harder for kerr this team would be this good no matter who coaches them now

You are just factually wrong:
    http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/20/gol...pson-joe-lacob

As to the lineup of death and Draymond, the point is not that Kerr invented them, but that Kerr was able to properly identify and optimize these things. Then use them to great effect. Nothing Jackson did indicates he would of done the same things in the same situations.

A guy like Jackson that continuously failed to strategize optimally around his players strengths, who admittedly from himself and colleagues is not a studious X's and O's guy or gives much credit to the sort of film studies that led to the lineup of death and Iggy guarding Lebron or Bogut guarding Tony Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    It's like selling a bag of ******** to get a bag of ********
    I don't want to follow the garnett/timberwolves blu print...AD is going to leave unless we identify and develop young stars...i feel JACKSON can do it better than GENTRY. We need a overhaul of our entire program if we want to keep AD

[QUOTE=N.O.Bronco;1400769]As to the lineup of death and Draymond, the point is not that Kerr invented them, but that Kerr was able to properly identify and optimize these things. Then use them to great effect. Nothing Jackson did indicates he would of done the same things in the same situations.

A guy like Jackson that continuously failed to strategize optimally around his players strengths, who admittedly from himself and colleagues is not a studious X's and O's guy or gives much credit to the sort of film studies that led to the lineup of death and Iggy guarding Lebron or Bogut guarding Tony .

Question is if JACKSON a better option than GENTRY not if hes the best coach on the planet cuz in that case i want POP OR PAT RILEY but N.O. can't get those guys
    Every coach would put iggy on lebron
    Every coach puts rim protectors on guys that hang around the rim
    Every thing works when I have better players
    Most coaches try to develop a super sub to add a spark off the bench but I give credit for iggy move

I WANT GENTRY OUT AND KERR IN
    I just want a change and the team JACKSON developed is the team I want in N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    David Lee got hurt then lost his job....fact
    Klay dribbling got better which allows the ball to be in his hands more
    Green shot got better which allowed him to use his planning skills more cuz I couldn't sag off him..fact
    Death lineup was out of desperation because the series was getting away from them...that unit was not planned they made it up on the fly ....fact
    What am I wrong about factually?

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Hands down? MAN DOWN!

Mark Jackson is trash.
    this. I say BIG NO to Marc Jackson

Yeah, Mark Jackson might be the only coach I would dislike more than keeping Gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Title should read.....

Gentry out........Darren Erman in
    Pass

I don't want to follow the garnett/timberwolves blu print...AD is going to leave unless we identify and develop young stars...i feel JACKSON can do it better than GENTRY. We need a overhaul of our entire program if we want to keep AD
    If your point is that we should have a coach that is better at developing and optimizing young talent, that point is valid, because so far gentry has only seemingly made his players more inefficient.

BUT (and a big but) there are literally 25 assistants I would put on the bench before Mark Jackson that I think would do a better job at exactly that. I think I would hire Marc Jackson (for you true NBA heads), Bo Jackson, Janet Jackson, or Jack Johnson before I'd hire mark.

David Lee got hurt then lost his job....fact
    Klay dribbling got better which allows the ball to be in his hands more
    Green shot got better which allowed him to use his planning skills more cuz I couldn't sag off him..fact
    Death lineup was out of desperation because the series was getting away from them...that unit was not planned they made it up on the fly ....fact
    What am I wrong about factually?
    The fact this has very little to do with the points I am making. One thing that distinguishes Kerr from Jackson is that he adjusts his system and tactics according to new information and has done it masterfully. So the point with Green and the lineup of death is that he is the type of coach that would even seek out those fixes. Take those chances on using Green as a facilitator and playing center. Jackson wouldn't even watch game tape or delve into the analytics so it is hard to imagine he would of just magically come to the same conclusions about using the death lineup or the adjustments Kerr has made along the way like I mentioned with Bogut guarding Tony Allen.

Though Klay was just fine dribbling the prior year. As the video showed, Jackson just was not utilizing him optimally.

Do you disagree with the analysis on how the Warriors offense changed notably for the better from Jackson to Kerr through strategy and tactics they architected?

I am not saying Jackson doesn't have positives and didn't do good things. The problem just seems to be you refuse to acknowledge his negatives and give credit to his successor for taking the team to the next level through his superior coaching. It is hard for anyone to discuss this with you when you come off more like Jackson's PR spin doctor then a person objectively weighing the stengths and weaknesses of Jackson as a replacement. Would Jackson be better then Gentry? Maybe. From what I have seen I do not think he would be the right long-term fix for this organization. I would take JVG, and several up and comers over Jackson at the moment.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-29-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reJOGQ43nNeGk.gif 
Views:	46 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	6220

Mark Jackson is a younger version of Byron Scott. The notable difference is that instead Byron's "I throw some of my players under the bus", he's using his "the world and our own staff is against us" card on his roster. Remember when Jerry West was forbidden to attend practice ?

This guy is the closest thing of a coach being a cancer in a locker-room and I wouldn't even wish him to the teams I dispise the most.

Can u name another time when assistant recorded private conversation and shared them with executives

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The fact this has very little to do with the points I am making. One thing that distinguishes Kerr from Jackson is that he adjusts his system and tactics according to new information and has done it masterfully. So the point with Green and the lineup of death is that he is the type of coach that would even seek out those fixes. Take those chances on using Green as a facilitator and playing center. Jackson wouldn't even watch game tape or delve into the analytics so it is hard to imagine he would of just magically come to the same conclusions about using the death lineup or the adjustments Kerr has made along the way like I mentioned with Bogut guarding Tony Allen.

Though Klay was just fine dribbling the prior year. As the video showed, Jackson just was not utilizing him optimally.

Do you disagree with the analysis on how the Warriors offense changed notably for the better from Jackson to Kerr through strategy and tactics they architected?

I am not saying Jackson doesn't have positives and didn't do good things. The problem just seems to be you refuse to acknowledge his negatives and give credit to his successor for taking the team to the next level through his superior coaching. It is hard for anyone to discuss this with you when you come off more like Jackson's PR spin doctor then a person objectively weighing the stengths and weaknesses of Jackson as a replacement. Would Jackson be better then Gentry? Maybe. From what I have seen I do not think he would be the right long-term fix for this organization. I would take JVG, and several up and comers over Jackson at the moment.
    I think kerr ia a good coach but just because hes good doesn't mean JACKSON was a bad coach. We can't bring in an unproven assistant coach in AD PRIME years.we need a coach that can develop young stars quickly to keep AD around

I he thought klay dribbling ability at the time wasn't up to par and draymond had not emerged yet then he had to put the ball in curry hand. Maybe that was a mistake but it's only after seeing klay with improved dribbling do we think that

Draymond got a chance to play more minutes and took his game to another level

The death lineup was accidental an throw something at the wall and hope it sticks situation or they would of used that lineup the entire year and not late in the playoffs

When u have the better players everything work. That's why the triangle doesn't work in New York. The spurs way doesn't work without supper stars and GENTRY who helped architect the warriors system doesnt have us looking to great right now

JACKSON 2 playoff birth, developed 3 young allstars, 50+ win season, changed the identity of an franchise, and could be obtained if they're another coach with that resume I'll take him too

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    If your point is that we should have a coach that is better at developing and optimizing young talent, that point is valid, because so far gentry has only seemingly made his players more inefficient.

BUT (and a big but) there are literally 25 assistants I would put on the bench before Mark Jackson that I think would do a better job at exactly that. I think I would hire Marc Jackson (for you true NBA heads), Bo Jackson, Janet Jackson, or Jack Johnson before I'd hire mark.
    Give example I just don't think GENTRY is a good fit and gave an alternative...if they're another obtainable coach I'm all ears

No the death lineup was not accidental. It was something the Warriors had run all season. What they didn't do all season was make it the starting lineup. That's what they did when they were desperate was bringing it out to start the game giving Bogut who had been a big part of their success all season very few minutes. So saying it was something that was accidental is false.

Give example I just don't think GENTRY is a good fit and gave an alternative...if they're another obtainable coach I'm all ears
    JVG is a semi-realistic candidate. I know he wanted the job when we ended up hiring Gentry, so hopefully he still has interest. Coach Cal would be a dream hire, but IDK if he would still have any interest. I'd literally take anyone over Gentry and Jackson.

Dell's decision to hire Gentry set us back atleast 2-3 years. I want Gentry gone, like today, but that does not mean I would settle for a scumbag like Jackson. He's THE worst available candidate, on the market. I expect it to stay that way. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets another HC job, in the NBA. I certainly don't think he deserves one.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No the death lineup was not accidental. It was something the Warriors had run all season. What they didn't do all season was make it the starting lineup. That's what they did when they were desperate was bringing it out to start the game giving Bogut who had been a big part of their success all season very few minutes. So saying it was something that was accidental is false.
    It started in the finals vs Cavs when lebron and mosgov were dominating in garbage time. That line up sparked the team and iggy started playing well. They won the series and featured it in spurts the last season

If they knew the damage that lineup could cause they would not have waited so long to implement it. It was a last ditch effort that worked

MARK FEW from Gonzaga. Best fit as he changes his style based on player ability

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Anyone who thinks Mark Jackson should coach this team simply doesn't understand the story around his firing. You can debate it all you want, but if you stick your head in the sand and don't address those issues in your opinion no one is going to take you serious. There's a reason the guy who recorded Jacksons conversations is employed and Jackson isn't. The information is out there. Read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think kerr ia a good coach but just because hes good doesn't mean JACKSON was a bad coach. We can't bring in an unproven assistant coach in AD PRIME years.we need a coach that can develop young stars quickly to keep AD around

I he thought klay dribbling ability at the time wasn't up to par and draymond had not emerged yet then he had to put the ball in curry hand. Maybe that was a mistake but it's only after seeing klay with improved dribbling do we think that

Draymond got a chance to play more minutes and took his game to another level

The death lineup was accidental an throw something at the wall and hope it sticks situation or they would of used that lineup the entire year and not late in the playoffs

When u have the better players everything work. That's why the triangle doesn't work in New York. The spurs way doesn't work without supper stars and GENTRY who helped architect the warriors system doesnt have us looking to great right now

JACKSON 2 playoff birth, developed 3 young allstars, 50+ win season, changed the identity of an franchise, and could be obtained if they're another coach with that resume I'll take him too
    Never said Jackson was an outright bad coach. Not once. Not at all.

I said he is a less then optimal choice as a replacement head coach and I laid out why: does not optimize his offensive systems to his players, his offensive systems have been poor given the talent he has had, he has a confrontational style within structures of organizations that could turn toxic, pitted players against each other, pitted assistants against each other, held vendettas, likely would struggle to bring in decent assistants after burning so many bridges so I worry how effective he would be at his strengths like defense.

You have yet to refute the points I or anyone else has made about Jackson's deficiencies. Furthermore, you refuse to acknowledge their existence. Which harms your credibility IMO.

You do not hire coaches by just stacking the evidence on one side and ignoring their problems and trying to downplay the accomplishments of others. Problems for which Jackson has many. Again, which have been laid out for you multiple times.

You want to give 100% credit to Jackson for developing these players which is not realistic, and when we move into the Kerr era, you want to give credit to only the players or luck. Your post just reeks of agenda and are right now devoid of objective weighting. You come off like someone that if this were 1989 you would be trying to credit Doug Collins for Michael Jordan and clamoring for Collins as being superior to Phil Jackson.

Lateral move
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information