.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 74

Thread: I WANT GENTRY OUT.....MARK JACKSON IN

  1. #1

    Pelicans I WANT GENTRY OUT.....MARK JACKSON IN

    Runs a better offensive system
    Better eye for talent
    Better at developing young talent
    Stronger presence on bench
    Perfect mentor for jrue
    Better fit for Davis

    I feel like we need a change at the top of our team
    Mark would get us in a better direction.
    Last edited by rameythegreat; 12-28-2016 at 05:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Can we please edit the title to saying "I want".

    Way too click baitey as it.

    Oh and as far as the topic, no.

  3. #3
    Hands down? MAN DOWN!

    Mark Jackson is trash.

  4. #4
    Nah, the whole reason he is out of a job is because he wasn't capable of taking that final step into true contender status.

    I would rather find our Pop, Carlisle, or Stevens then go after a guy like Jackson who realistically you will need to replace in a few years anyways.

    Plus some of those assumptions I question. Part of why Kerr was so masterful was he recognized aspects of this roster that Jackson failed to. Like Klay's ability to be a playmaker and a slasher. Curry's prowess off the ball and getting him to step up defensively and making Iggy a super sub. I would actually be worried that like in GS, Jackson would try to shoehorn Jrue into his ideal system PG like he did to Curry in GS.

    Let Jackson stick to his self-proclaimed "real" job of being an unlicensed preacher.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Hands down? MAN DOWN!

    Mark Jackson is trash.
    Explain how he's trash

  6. #6
    I agree we need Mark as the head coach, just not Mark Jackson. I want the Mark that wins no matter the talent he has. Should have been in consideration when we went with Gentry. Don't know if could even get him here, but Mark Few from Gonzaga would have us winning the first year and future years. He doesn't just have a system, he changes based on player strength. Like all successful coaches do. MARK FEW, take it to the bank.

  7. #7
    Basketball Guru Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,106
    Jeezus I had a heart attack.
    @DanielVeuleman

  8. #8
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    5,685
    Yea edit the title.

    This would be the worst move the Pelicans ever made. Worse then paying Asik and that was a bad one.

    Some would have you believe Jackson won the championship for the Warriors and created Curry, Klay, and Dray. Which of course is not true. This would just be a terrible move.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Nah, the whole reason he is out of a job is because he wasn't capable of taking that final step into true contender status.

    I would rather find our Pop, Carlisle, or Stevens then go after a guy like Jackson who realistically you will need to replace in a few years anyways.

    Plus some of those assumptions I question. Part of why Kerr was so masterful was he recognized aspects of this roster that Jackson failed to. Like Klay's ability to be a playmaker and a slasher. Curry's prowess off the ball and getting him to step up defensively and making Iggy a super sub. I would actually be worried that like in GS, Jackson would try to shoehorn Jrue into his ideal system PG like he did to Curry in GS.

    Let Jackson stick to his self-proclaimed "real" job of being an unlicensed preacher.
    I disagree he lost his job because he argued with owners and higher ups and the situation with his assistant...
    Young Players get better with experience and they would of gotten better under JACKSON. Very few ppl thought curry and klay would be this good JACKSON was one of them...

  10. #10
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by rameythegreat View Post
    I disagree he lost his job because he argued with owners and higher ups and the situation with his assistant...
    Young Players get better with experience and they would of gotten better under JACKSON. Very few ppl thought curry and klay would be this good JACKSON was one of them...
    Well he got to see them everyday and he's not the only one who thought this. They weren't high 1st rounders because nobody thought they would be good. Believing a couple of players will be great doesn't make you a good coach. He has a terrible attitude which was reported by people all around him from front office to guys on his staff. He misused to 2 players he though would be great. Give me VanGundy over this guy. He would be a disaster hire. Bronco covered a lot of reasons I don't want him.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rameythegreat View Post
    I disagree he lost his job because he argued with owners and higher ups and the situation with his assistant...
    Young Players get better with experience and they would of gotten better under JACKSON. Very few ppl thought curry and klay would be this good JACKSON was one of them...
    Disagree with what?

    He absolutely did misuse many of his players and fail to optimize their skillsets into a system that took advantage of it. They would of gotten better, yes, Jackson does get credit for helping individually develop some players, but Jackson would still have the team running half-court sets and asking Curry to be the ball handler and facilitator in almost all offensive plays he is on the court. Try and force Harrison Barnes into an iso player where he struggled. Klay would still be a spot up guy and Iggy would likely be their starting SF still.

    I mean just look at this quote:

    While Jackson excelled as a leader, he was not interested in the minutiae of coaching, according to sources. He so rarely watched film that the video team eventually stopped loading clips onto his laptop. He didn’t draw up plays during huddles, or carry a clipboard. He often looked at his cellphone during practice, even when management was around.
    http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/20/gol...pson-joe-lacob

    He is not a strategist and Kerr and Gentry were. It is almost impossible to imagine the lineup of death or even Draymond ever reaching a fraction of his potential without Kerr coming in.

    As to the behind-the-scenes stuff. It is not what I want this team to endure. He pitted players against one another to gain loyalty, held petty vendettas with assistants and had no interest in embracing the cooperative, unified organizational structure that the Warriors were trying to achieve and the Spurs have mastered.

  12. #12
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    5,685
    Yea with what Bronco quoted that Jackson did behind the scenes is not what I want. That just shows to me he isn't prepared to do the work coaches are asked to do. It is one of the more grueling jobs there is that he never had to do. Not to mention he is coming from one of the cushiest jobs in the world. Yes being a professional athlete is obviously very tough but coaching has a different tough that he doesn't seem to fully embrace.

  13. #13
    Jackson is no better than Gentry


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rameythegreat View Post
    Explain how he's trash
    He had the Warriors before Kerr. He lost the locker room, his shortcomings were spewed all over RealGM for the year leading up to his firing.

    Jackson hasn't coached since (as far as I'm aware) and I dont see anyone lining up for his services.

  15. #15
    click bait

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Ask Golden State what they think of him.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Disagree with what?

    He absolutely did misuse many of his players and fail to optimize their skillsets into a system that took advantage of it. They would of gotten better, yes, Jackson does get credit for helping individually develop some players, but Jackson would still have the team running half-court sets and asking Curry to be the ball handler and facilitator in almost all offensive plays he is on the court. Try and force Harrison Barnes into an iso player where he struggled. Klay would still be a spot up guy and Iggy would likely be their starting SF still.

    I mean just look at this quote:


    http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/20/gol...pson-joe-lacob

    He is not a strategist and Kerr and Gentry were. It is almost impossible to imagine the lineup of death or even Draymond ever reaching a fraction of his potential without Kerr coming in.

    As to the behind-the-scenes stuff. It is not what I want this team to endure. He pitted players against one another to gain loyalty, held petty vendettas with assistants and had no interest in embracing the cooperative, unified organizational structure that the Warriors were trying to achieve and the Spurs have mastered.
    Draymond started playing more when david lee got hurt i wasnt steve kerr genius.....when players get better they get more responsibility unless klay and curry was this good from day one. The death lineup was because of desperation in finals they barley put that lineup the regular season and most of playoffs that year....the best players WIN good teams develop those players JACKSON can do that......oh and check draft reports on dray,curry and klay they had glaring holes in there game when they came out .so unless ur saying that they work harder for kerr this team would be this good no matter who coaches them now

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    He had the Warriors before Kerr. He lost the locker room, his shortcomings were spewed all over RealGM for the year leading up to his firing.

    Jackson hasn't coached since (as far as I'm aware) and I dont see anyone lining up for his services.
    all the player loved JACKSON he just didn't politic and brown nose executives

  21. #21

  22. #22
    Title should read.....


    Gentry out........Darren Erman in

  23. #23
    It's like selling a bag of ******** to get a bag of ********

  24. #24
    Lame title

  25. #25

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •