Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2016-2017 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Discussion

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    The Mock Draft on Tankathon has the Pelicans drafting Miles Bridges at 9th.

http://www.tankathon.com/pelicans
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/miles-bridges
    You didn't press sim lottery enough. Lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    You didn't press sim lottery enough. Lol
    That was after a reset. I simmed about 30 times before I got anything other than 9th pick. The one time it changed? 1st pick.:P

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    The Mock Draft on Tankathon has the Pelicans drafting Miles Bridges at 9th.

http://www.tankathon.com/pelicans
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/miles-bridges
    I like Bridges alot as a player, but good grief. Are we really sitting at the 9th spot now?

This season just keeps getting worse and worse.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I like Bridges alot as a player, but good grief. Are we really sitting at the 9th spot now?

Yes but it's very close for many picks. 4th-10th is only a 3.0 game difference.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

The last two wins hurt a lot (ranking wise).

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Man I really hope we can get Tatum. Kid is the next NBA star and is the perfect fit here. If you watched him last night you would see why. He single handedly took the game over brought Duke back last night with 21 2nd half point going 6-7 on 3 point shots. IMO the best fit in the draft for what we need if we bring Jrue back.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Man I really hope we can get Tatum. Kid is the next NBA star and is the perfect fit here. If you watched him last night you would see why. He single handedly took the game over brought Duke back last night with 21 2nd half point going 6-7 on 3 point shots. IMO the best fit in the draft for what we need if we bring Jrue back.
    Yup, hes been the pick in my eyes for months. If he can stay in front of NBA SF's he'll have a great career. I think he'd also work as a small ball PF next to Davis.

I can see the appeal of trading Jrue now and taking a PG in the draft, but I think its the wrong move for a couple of reasons:

(1) Any PG you take in the lottery is really not going to be ready to run your team successfully for at least a year or two. AD and T Benz should not have to stand for another year or two of just treading water while hoping some 19 year old develops in the future;

(2) The top flight PGs in the draft are all going to be gone by the time are likely to pick in the late lottery; so they are more likely to be looking at a wing or even a big to put with AD;

(3) If lottery magic does happen, I would be thrilled to add someone like Fultz or Ball to a roster with Jrue. That is the direction the game is going anyway. Guards are more valuable than bigs right now, so the more good ones they have the better.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Pure hypothetical but if we land top 3, would you rather keep it and draft Jackson/Ball/Fultz/Tatum/Smith or trade it for PG13, John Wall, Boogie(if any of these players are even available)?
    I'd trade for the big guns. My perfect scenario which will be majorly critiqued because it's not like a football draft, but we win the draft, trade down with philly who has 3 and 5. Then trade 3 for Butler and use the 5th or 6th pick for smith or Tatum. We'd have a nice blend of veterans and youth.

I think if everything falls right and we get teams bidding on the first pick, we could do it depending on how bad they want Fultz. Boston could try and move up as well. Like I said dream scenario using tankathon.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Tatum doesn't play like a freshman. Like he's 18 going on 19 in a few weeks.

I'm gonna need to see us trade the pick for garbage or barely above marginal players to believe it.

The Franchise
    Watched some Fultz tonight and have to say I'm not that impressed.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Watch more of his games. Most of them are on YouTube.

He's all kinds of impressive. Especially that mid-range game.

But Dennis Smith Jr.? That kid reminds me of a mix of Chris Paul and Derrick Rose.

All-Star
    Time to change that topic, now it is all about finding a sleeper in the 40-50, who you'll got?
    I'm high on Dwayne Bacon now

exactly

personally expect this pick to be attached to Ajinca

Pels will be in win-now mode.
    With only Diallo as a kinda rookie

IMO it is better to trade ~45 pick and take undrafted guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Time to change that topic, now it is all about finding a sleeper in the 40-50, who you'll got?
    I'm high on Dwayne Bacon now
    Bacon will turn 22 in the summer, so he should be looked at accordingly: Bacon doesn't pass, prefers to settle for a jumper (bad FTrate), doesn't work on D.

My pick would be likely SEC POY and DPOY (if Monk gets POY over him, they will give DPOY) Sindarius Thornwell from South Carolina. Almost twice the passing rate of Bacon; quick enough at SG, strong to log some minutes at SF, though length might be the problem; 8.8 rebounds, 2.7 steals without gambling and 1.2 blocks, while averaging just 2.5PFs, .411 from 3 on 5 attempts with quick release (.835 on 9.5FTA, so shooting is for real) - all per 40 minutes. Best defender on a top-5 defensive team in the nation. Will be 23 in September, but he is dominant for his age. DX still has him undrafted, ND.net has him in 50s for a guy, who is pretty quick and strong, normal length at SG, hustles, has excellent motor, calls plays/directs teammates on both end of the floor.
    Yes, you don't want Thornwell to try iso plays, since he was a failure for 3 years as a lead guard, and this year he plays mostly off the ball.

The Franchise
    I like bacon and blossomgame. Hopefully one of them slide and I think both could play the 2 and 3.

Blossomgame is soon to be 24, can't shoot or pass.

Thread Information