Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Discussion

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...auri-markkanen

Stretch big with a bit of inside game. Slightly less well-rounded Dragan Bender. Will be on the radar on draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Smith and Ball aren't in the same tier as Fultz. Would take either of those guys over Tatum, Jackson, Bridges, or a couple of the big men.
    Agree, Fultz is a Westbrook type. Ball shoots the ball better than I thought.

We are crazy not to tank this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

This.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

We hardly need to lose on purpose. Those will come on their own if we just let things stay as they are. Unless we trade Jrue to the Knicks for their 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We hardly need to lose on purpose. Those will come on their own if we just let things stay as they are. Unless we trade Jrue to the Knicks for their 1st rounder.
    I don't think Phill will trade picks. Knicks were losing by 40+ to Raptors yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth View Post
    I don't think Phill will trade picks. Knicks were losing by 40+ to Raptors yesterday...
    He's not a good GM. Something has to go our way, got damn it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...auri-markkanen

Stretch big with a bit of inside game. Slightly less well-rounded Dragan Bender. Will be on the radar on draft day.
    NBADraft.net and NBA DraftExpress both have him Top 10 now

Really love the way he uses contact to his advantage, a great skill to have in the NBA. Cold as ice too.

Isaac looking really active, and really skinny xD

Would still take him at the end of the lotto though, for sure

So many things this guy can do. Hes so well built for his age too, will be a beast.

Above mentioned are some of my candidates for a 10-18th pick

Add to this f.e. Anunoby, Ntilikina,

There is talent in late lottery/mid first...

OG Anunoby is out for the season requiring knee surgery. If he still comes out into the draft, he could be a nice pick up in the late lottery or mid 1st round where our pick might land. Heck if he drops all the way to 32 that would be even better, but I doubt that's going to happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...181622991.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    OG Anunoby is out for the season requiring knee surgery. If he still comes out into the draft, he could be a nice pick up in the late lottery or mid 1st round where our pick might land. Heck if he drops all the way to 32 that would be even better, but I doubt that's going to happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...181622991.html
    Damn, that's a shame. First thought is that he will probably return to college next year to be a guaranteed lottery pick rather than risk falling to late 1st or the 2nd round. But who knows, maybe not. He was probably one of the top SF prospects in our likely draft range.

I do like Miles Bridges' game. Although I wonder if he has the lateral quickness to guard quick SF's.

This kid is good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

This kid is good.
    And will go top 3

Trading up in the NBA draft is rare but I would give up a couple 1st round picks to jump in the top 6. Then possibly buy into the draft in the 20s on years we traded our pick. A solid FA and hit on our draft pick along with Buddy improving then IMO we are picking in the 20 and later range. Landing a high pick in this draft is crucial for us to ever be a a serious contending team. There is some quality all through the lottery this year but that top 6 is as good as I have ever seen. Even the top 8 is a pretty good spot to be in. So many stud SFs and getting in the top 6 guaranteed us 1 of those guys. I would give up a lot to jump from the end of the lottery to the top half.

I see three very good (potential franchise) players in Fultz, Smith and Jackson.

With Ball and Tatum in second tier.
    I will kill for any of those 5....

Also there are a lot of prospects with Monk, Fox, Isaac, Ntilikina, Giles...

After top-10 IO see talents (Bridges, Anunoby, Leaf), but there is kinda drop-off.

I am assuming that Pels will select in 12-18 range. Don't see what kind of player can be had for such a pick in exchange...

By thunder, I will have my hyper athlete on this team. Dennis Smith Jr., Josh Jackson...we need to grab one of them.

How do you guys feel about Justin Patton from Creighton? I like him if our pick lands late lottery or later.

Just been looking at the way some of these guys have been playing lately, and cannot fathom how anyone could just reject the notion of keeping our 2017 pick because they're rookies and not trading it for anyone less than Paul George or Jimmy Butler?

It's not that hard. Yes. They'll struggle early on. That's what rookies do. Even more prepared guys like Buddy Hield struggle. But it's the long game. There's just enough time to develop the talent you acquire...but no? We might want to flip the picks so we can get the legendary Evan Fournier or Nic Batum? Guys who can make our team better...but not really approach elite in terms on talent?

If it's really all about keeping Jrue, it's some shortsighted foolishness.

I mean, Demps and the team actually read the site, right? Are you seeing these kids out there? Telling me THIS...

...won't help our team down the line? Ask Jrue. I bet Jrue would like to see that guy flanking him on a fastbreak and not Solomon Hill, no knocking Solo.

What's wrong with him? Is it because he has hair and you're bald?

What baffles me is how you are still somewhat surprised by shortsighted foolishness, as you put it. Are you also surprised every time Trump puts out a stupid teeet?
    @mcnamara247

Also, did you see the ESPN interview with CP3 a few weeks ago? Watch that. He explains players mentality perfectly. Every player cares about the current year and couldn't care less about future years. Nobody in the 2017 draft is really gonna help you win until 2020. None of them would be appealing to Jrue

I think a SF would be best if we plan to resign jrue.

Too much unknown for another week or so. If AD, JH, and eventually Buddy are the scorers, JJ would fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What baffles me is how you are still somewhat surprised by shortsighted foolishness, as you put it. Are you also surprised every time Trump puts out a stupid teeet?
    Oh it doesn't surprise me. It does still annoy me. I still care about my dog in this particular race.

Don't get me started on our Russian puppet POTUS.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    The Mock Draft on Tankathon has the Pelicans drafting Miles Bridges at 9th.

http://www.tankathon.com/pelicans
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/miles-bridges

Thread Information