Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 NCAA Basketball/Draft Prospect Discussion

Those post moves won\t work too often in the NBA, but damn hes got a nasty game.

No idea about this dude, but hes got a great build for such a young age. So nice touch around the rim too. Might keep an eye on him.

EDIT: As a 2nd round option.

First look at Harry Giles, nothing yet. Would rather Abebayo.

More of Tatum looking versatile yet not quite elite. I still really love his frame and game.

Oh, and this dude is back from a small injury, projected late lotto currently, might be our guy.

Tatum is my favorite players in this draft. Kid is going to be a flat out stud. He reminds me a lot of Melo offensively with a similiar body but taller. I think he would be a perfect fit for what we need at the 3. He's very versatile and can also easily play the small ball 4 if you would even call it small.

Bridges has a ton of potential and can be a stud. Would be a perfect fit at the 3 for us as well. Does a little bit of it all. IMO he can be a very similiar player to Iguodala and Leonard. We get someone near those guys and we are conpeteting for rings. Like you said he could very well be the pick for us.

Adebayo would be a home run pick if we are able to land a stud SF in a trade or FA. Love his game but C to me is something we just need a solid player at and a star at SF. He can be every bit as good as Drummond and reminds me a lot of former Piston Ben Wallace.

Giles has flat out super star potential. If we didn't have AD I would be all over this kid. His injuries are a little worrisome but without that IMO he has as much potential as Towns. I would still be ecstatic with him but again big men aren't what should be our main priority unless they are just flat out the best prospect. He could be a perfect fit next to AD and form the most dominant big man duo in the NBA.

This draft is absolutely loaded. IMO picking at 6 could very well be the same as picking 1st overall. Getting in the top half of the lottery could change everything for this franchise.

Love this kids game!

Fultz is the best player in this draft IMO. Kid is going to be a flat out super star. Don't want a PG but if he's there you take him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Too many good guards to limit our options. If Fultz, Dennis Smith, or Ball are there whenever we pick, we gotta scoop 'em up.

Smith and Ball aren't in the same tier as Fultz. Would take either of those guys over Tatum, Jackson, Bridges, or a couple of the big men.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Too many good guards to limit our options. If Fultz, Dennis Smith, or Ball are there whenever we pick, we gotta scoop 'em up.
    2005 - CP3 & D-Will
    2008 - Rose & Westbeast
    2009 - Steph & Beard
    2011 - Kyrie & Kemba
    2015 - D'Angelo & Emmanuel

Looks like we're due a stacked PG draft. Also pretty good hit rate on premier PG's in the draft the last 10 years.

Even though I hate Duke, Giles is a fun guy to watch.

On a separate note, Grayson Allen's "indefinite" suspension lasted for all of one game. The kid has been caught tripping an opposing player on three separate occasions and even threw a temper tantrum after the last incident. He must have really learned his lesson sitting out that one single game! I'd like to make it 100% clear to everybody that.... I hate Duke.

I'm fine with hating Duke, but I still think Tatum. I was impressed with Giles' high school mixtape but I'd need to see more of him doing well in college to be sold on him. Tatum just seems to take the game as it comes and has a wide range of ways to contribute.

http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Found this article useful.
    Pretty much states that over the last 20 years if you pick in the top 5 of the draft you have a 60% chance of getting a stud.

The rest is a crap shoot.

We ain't bad enough for top 5.

This sight is great.

http://www.tankathon.com/
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Found this article useful.
    Pretty much states that over the last 20 years if you pick in the top 5 of the draft you have a 60% chance of getting a stud.

The rest is a crap shoot.

We ain't bad enough for top 5.
    How about we back up, eh? You know, to here? Where the draft has a lottery?

aaand BOOM goes the dynamite.

it is good to have a draft pick and to keep dreaming about prospects

hopefully we will remain with it after the deadline

don't expect Dell to do anything till around ASG. Trade deadline is around 23th February and there we will know what our options are

probably we will be in the same 8-10 range around 0,5000

More Miles Bridges. Man hes athletic, such a solid frame for a young kid too. He's going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

More Miles Bridges. Man hes athletic, such a solid frame for a young kid too. He's going to be great.
    Yeah I think this kid will be in our range if we just make or miss the playoffs.

Nice size and big body for a 19yo

I really hope we start losing and finish with a top 6-8 draft pick. Its our only chance to get a star to play with AD and Buddy. Making the playoffs would be nice, but we'll never be more than a 7th or 8th seed, which means getting swept by the Spurs or Warriors. We need a legit #2. Jrue aint him. He would be a good 3rd or 4th player on a contending team.
    Last edited by RUFshreve; 01-13-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I really hope we start losing and finish with a top 6-8 draft pick. Its our only chance to get a star to play with AD and Buddy. Making the playoffs would be nice, but we'll never be more than a 7th or 8th seed, which means getting swept by the Spurs or Warriors. We need a legit #2. Jrue aint him. He would be a good 3rd or 4th player on a contending team.
    Reke

Fox seems to be considered a tier lower than Fultz, DSJ & Ball. But still a quality young player, plays both sides of the ball, eye test says hes got nice length for a smallish guy.

Has to develop his shooting range but I wouldn't call his shot 'broken'.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

More Monk.

Had this vision of next season where we give Tyreke a starting SF role playing point forward and draft Monk to play with Hield in the starting back court.

You can just have Tyreke wander over half court, while AD and whoever else set some baseline off ball screens for Hield and Monk, see if you get a good look, after setting the baseline screen AD pops up to the high post or comes out to P&R with Reke.

Would be a horrible defensive team but I think they'd score at will.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...87/jamel-artis

Not on either DX or NBADraft.net's mocks. But putting up great numbers. Could be a second round pickup.

Thread Information