Pelicans Report

Thread: Curry/Durant vs. Davis/Cousins?

Curry/Durant vs. Davis/Cousins?

Okay I had to be the one to start this thread this early lol
    Who has the potential to be the better duo?
    Which is the better offensive duo? Defensive duo?
    Which duo would you rather build a team around?

Curry/KD can score at will from the outside and even get buckets in the paint. Defense and rebounding hurts them. Both are 28 years old.

Davis/Cousins can dominate the paint as well as hit shots from outside. Defense and rebounding will be a strength
    Cousins may have trouble defending small lineups, small lineups can't defend Cousins. AD is 23, Cousins is 26 years old.

On paper and potential wise I would say AD and Cousins. The drop off behind them is greater. I mean, Curry and KD are the creme but good bigs are scarce. Making them harder to defend as a combo.

HOWEVER.....on paper and potential are awful words/phrases. Until they prove it, you have to go Curry and KD.

Until further notice, and Boogie and The Brow will be the ones to test the current theory, I would still build around a top PG and top SF that can defend multiple positions over two big men in today's game. It seems to be the winning formula.

But who knows. Maybe in a couple weeks we have Cousins and AD running pick and rolls and no one can stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Until further notice, and Boogie and The Brow will be the ones to test the current theory, I would still build around a top PG and top SF that can defend multiple positions over two big men in today's game. It seems to be the winning formula.

But who knows. Maybe in a couple weeks we have Cousins and AD running pick and rolls and no one can stop them.
    Here's my thing we actually played gsw pretty good yeah we loss but still it wasn't bad and that was with out boogie but here's my question when gs goes to there "death" line up how exactly are they guarding our 2 bigs? Durant on davis? Green on boogie? They'll eat those 2 up

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Here's my thing we actually played gsw pretty good yeah we loss but still it wasn't bad and that was with out boogie but here's my question when gs goes to there "death" line up how exactly are they guarding our 2 bigs? Durant on davis? Green on boogie? They'll eat those 2 up

the 3 times we played GS this season we played them good but we didnt have the killer instinct to close two of those games out......reke miss all 3 games....jrue missed 2.....if somehow we can replace the shooters we loss in this trade then i feel good about facing them as the 8th seed........GS weakness is dealing with big teams like OKC and Memphis...we have the best front court in the league now imo so all we need are the shooters to put us over the top..............the key is to force GS to match up with your bigs when they go small ball....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the 3 times we played GS this season we played them good but we didnt have the killer instinct to close two of those games out......reke miss all 3 games....jrue missed 2.....if somehow we can replace the shooters we loss in this trade then i feel good about facing them as the 8th seed........GS weakness is dealing with big teams like OKC and Memphis...we have the best front court in the league now imo so all we need are the shooters to put us over the top..............the key is to force GS to match up with your bigs when they go small ball....
    yeah make them play our game instead of us playing into their small ball

Thread Information