Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nerlens Noel trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    This....

Id be willing to part with tyreke or frazier, and another player or second rounder. Philly has come out and said they plan to use Simmons as a point guard,not a point forward, which means he is just going to guard their opponents PG, that maybe takes frazier out of the picture. Pairing tyreke and Simmons, is an upgrade over bayless and Simmons any day, I think Philly should seriously consider this, instant upgrade at the 2 and a pick to boot albeit a second. Man I get serious chills imagining AD and Noel coming out starting on the front line....that is formidable regardless of the cons here.
    I guarantee you Simmons will not being playing PG. He will be playing PG in a sense of handling and distributing mostly but he will not be guarding other teams PGs. I'll put $ on that. Would make 0 sense to use him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I guarantee you Simmons will not being playing PG. He will be playing PG in a sense of handling and distributing mostly but he will not be guarding other teams PGs. I'll put $ on that. Would make 0 sense to use him that way.
    Only going off what his head coach was quoted saying this week. Apparently they are planning to use him as a PG. The article is out there....see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Have you seen the other offers?
    Of course not. But look around the league. What would other teams offer for him? I would be shocked if it didn't take Buddy or a first, and honestly, if all it took was Buddy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And our second rounder isn't basically a first. Look at the drafts. Early second rounders often get traded just for cash. Late firsts aren't even worth that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Portland is rumored to be interested in Noel, maybe Crabbe and a 1st.

https://www.google.com/amp/thesixers...android-att-us

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I find it hard to believe anyone would want Crabbe on his deal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone would want Crabbe on his deal
    Nets did lel

lol did I hear Frazier and a 2nd..... nevermind. I would trade Buddy in a deal for Noel. Noel would be a gamble. but a gamble that could really make us dominant if it were to hit

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    lol did I hear Frazier and a 2nd..... nevermind. I would trade Buddy in a deal for Noel. Noel would be a gamble. but a gamble that could really make us dominant if it were to hit
    No way in hell.

Buddy for Noel got Kobe/Vlade potential.

If we can't get Noel for Tyreke then I say we look elsewhere. Tyreke or Frazier gotta go though, we can't keep em both, that's a luxury we can't afford. We need help up front.

I really like Noel, alot more than most. With that said, there's no way in hell I'd even consider trading Buddy for him. I like Buddy more than 99% of our fanbase does. Still think he'll be an all-star SG in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I really like Noel, alot more than most. With that said, there's no way in hell I'd even consider trading Buddy for him. I like Buddy more than 99% of our fanbase does. Still think he'll be an all-star SG in the league.
    Build through the draft! 20 games in....trade our draft pick! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Noel will be a RFA at the end of the year, he hasn't played this year because of injury (he also sat out his rookie year due to injuries). You don't trade your rookie lottery pick for what could amount to a half a year of Noel. I want Noel on the team, but not at that price. Tyreke would be the logical trade chip (he's from Pennsylvania). If they aren't interested in him, I would make any combination of Frazier, Gallo, Moore, Ajinca, 2nd round pick available to them.

Who thinks we should trade Buddy for Noel? That would be a terrible move and take away all hope. Right now atleast we have some hope for the future and some of that lies with Buddy. I would trade a future protected draft pick if we believe we could resign him for a reasonable price but not Buddy.

Noel to me gives me flashbacks to the Asik trade and all the people clamoring for the move. The price you pay for what you will get is just not worth it. Not in our circumstance

Noel is not a needle mover. He is a guy you acquire at his eventual cost after your foundation is set and you want to take another step higher. Knowing he is also a risky investment because of his injuries and limited use on one side of the ball.

And lets not forget, we do have Cheick Diallo lurking around. A guy who looks to be very much in the mold of a Noel but at a fraction of the cost and we already own his rights. Re-acquiring Noel just reeks of short term thinking IMO.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Guys. Noel is younger than Buddy. Comparing him to Asik or Vlade? Comparing Diallo to Noel? It's not a homerun given trade, but let's pull it back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Guys. Noel is younger than Buddy. Comparing him to Asik or Vlade? Comparing Diallo to Noel? It's not a homerun given trade, but let's pull it back a bit.
    Its comparable in several ways.

You are talking about giving up major assets for a one way player, with an injury history, who will command a notable salary increase soon or else he was acquired as a rental, thus you are leaving yourself little room to exit if the acquisition does not go perfectly(like history has shown will happen with Demps moves). If he pans out to your expectations, congrats, his market value is going to be through the roof and we will have most of our cap tied up in front court players. If he doesn't, congrats, you gave up even more long-term assets for a less then optimal short-term solution. But since centers are still at a premium, you are likely still going to have to overpay to keep him.

The situation is actually eerily similar and is shocking so many people are not only welcoming it, but lobbying for it.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-05-2016 at 05:57 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd trade Diallo and a protected 2018 pick for Noel. Hield, as far as I'm concerned, is off limits.

Who thinks we should trade Buddy for Noel? That would be a terrible move and take away all hope. Right now atleast we have some hope for the future and some of that lies with Buddy. I would trade a future protected draft pick if we believe we could resign him for a reasonable price but not Buddy.
    your message box is full!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    your message box is full!
    Damn my bad! You still want them? It's cleared now. If you wanna go still let me know.

Damn my bad! You still want them?
    i had to work late today anyways so its all good. shoot me a message next time!

Folks act like Noel isn't in the same class as Buddy. Please, he is 22 yrs old n coming off a year of like 11 pts and 8 reb. Bigs like him take longer to develop as yal know.
    I just think if Noel were to pan out as he should, we would have the only big ball line-up in the league that could cover anyone's small ball line-up

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    i had to work late today anyways so its all good. shoot me a message next time!
    Alright you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Folks act like Noel isn't in the same class as Buddy. Please, he is 22 yrs old n coming off a year of like 11 pts and 8 reb. Bigs like him take longer to develop as yal know.
    I just think if Noel were to pan out as he should, we would have the only big ball line-up in the league that could cover anyone's small ball line-up
    I know exactly. If we would have drafted him then would we just not resign him? We will have Asik coming off the books a year later or the same year if he doesn't sign as a restricted FA. He has a ton of potential and would be a great fit next t AD. Still very young and if it comes down to drafting someone like Dekker in the mid to late 1st I'm trading that pick all day for someone like Noel.

In this thread we had someone compare Buddy to Kobe and I waited for someone to call that out and no one did. I guess I have much lower expectations for Buddy than everyone else.

ITT people ignore the reality of cap space.

Noel, if he is who people think he can be, will be a 20+ million a year player. That means in 2018 you basically have 82 million tied up in AD, Asik, Hill, Moore, Ajinca, and Noel's new contract. Resign Jrue and you are basically tapped out. Had we not traded for Jrue to begin with, thus not needing to sign Asik or likely Ajinca, then keeping Noel after his first contract becomes much more palatable. But that isn't the life we chose.

20+ million in a guy who is injury prone and has a questionable work ethic on top of the cap damage we have already done just doesn't make sense in my mind.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-06-2016 at 03:04 AM.

Thread Information