Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pels #1 problem? 3-point shooting...

Rockets are just one made 3 away from extending their steak of 17 consecutive games with at least 10 or more... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...414190232136-4

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfan41 View Post
    I do miss Ryno.
    Almost every team has a weak defender. With Gordon gone, he could be the only bad defender in a AD/ Ryno / Dante / Moore / Jrue line up...
    Alive and well in Houston too.

He has 18 pts off the bench as of right now.

Eric Gordon now with 21

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I was listening to the locked on Pelicans podcast at the gym and Jake(I think it's jake) made a really good point about how they need to be using Buddy and that they need to do it more then once a game.

The point was to use Buddy like they used Ryno last year with the Jrue and Davis pick n roll. It is a pick your poison because you have to commit to either Jrue or Davis and committing only one to Davis means you will probably lose. So Davis tends to drag - in this case - Buddy's defender opening up a curl and a wide open shot from three in rhythm if Jrue kicks it out. It was how he hit his only three point shot but they never ran it again the rest of the game.

He said he's seen it before and would like to see it a lot more because it should help get Buddy great looks and if he starts hitting it, it becomes a nightmare for opposing teams to defend.

But that gets to what you are saying. Gentry needs to carve out a niche for Buddy that keeps him involved, gets him good looks and builds his confidence.
    This is much different running that play with Ryno. Since he is a big it's usually going to be his guy that leaves to help on Davis. You won't see SGs being asked to collapse off of Buddy to double AD in the paint. Sure he will get the look at times but this same play won't work remotely the same as it did with Ryno.

My impression is that lately the three point shooting is much better. Galloway, Moore and Holiday are making them at high percentage. Frazier and Jones should not be taking any and Hill.... Well I actually still have some hope he will get better so I want him to keep taking them.. It looks like Anthony Brown coulld become a weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    My impression is that lately the three point shooting is much better. Galloway, Moore and Holiday are making them at high percentage. Frazier and Jones should not be taking any and Hill.... Well I actually still have some hope he will get better so I want him to keep taking them.. It looks like Anthony Brown coulld become a weapon..
    If only Buddy can get his ******** down along with QPon returning to form we can be one of the better 3 teams in the NBA. I want Jones to continue to take 3s when it's an open look. Really I wish he wouldn't hesitate as much when he has a wide open look. He hasn't been very good this year but he has been an ok 3 shooter through his career and I think it's important teams respect him out there to create some space for AD. We are definitely improving at the 3 lately but IMO we haven't even tapped into our potential and if everyone can get in a groove we can be a dangerous 3 point shooting team.

Pels once against dead last in the league in three point shooting %. Middle of the pack in attempts per game. Could explain some things...

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If only Buddy can get his ******** down along with QPon returning to form we can be one of the better 3 teams in the NBA. I want Jones to continue to take 3s when it's an open look. Really I wish he wouldn't hesitate as much when he has a wide open look. He hasn't been very good this year but he has been an ok 3 shooter through his career and I think it's important teams respect him out there to create some space for AD. We are definitely improving at the 3 lately but IMO we haven't even tapped into our potential and if everyone can get in a groove we can be a dangerous 3 point shooting team.
    FYI, since Buddy's ugly 0-7 game in Portland, he is shooting roughly 45% from three these last 6 games. Best on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    FYI, since Buddy's ugly 0-7 game in Portland, he is shooting roughly 45% from three these last 6 games. Best on the team.
    As I said we have been improving lately. Buddy has been bad this year plain and simple. I'm not picking this and that game or a little stretch. 6 games is not a big sample size especially with how little he has played lately as well. If if he can continue this then great but this year he has not been good.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    As I said we have been improving lately. Buddy has been bad this year plain and simple. I'm not picking this and that game or a little stretch. 6 games is not a big sample size especially with how little he has played lately as well. If if he can continue this then great but this year he has not been good.
    22 games isn't a good sample size either but it isn't stopping people from making lots of proclamations around Buddy.

It is a trend, not an insignificant one but not overly significant either. There is no guarantee it holds. But it is a trend upwards.

And my point was only because you were talking about Buddy "getting his ****** down" to help our percentages. He has, now it is just a matter of if it can hold and if he will get the minutes to prove or disprove if it will hold.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-06-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information