Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diallo back

Diallo back

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pel...o-austin-spurs

Think he starts to get some playing time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Breaking down Chieck Diallo's stellar D-league stint
    http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2016...e-austin-spurs

Last D-league game

We got a mega steal!

Hopefully he can get a couple of minutes.

It only makes sense if he gets playing time

Welcome back D-train.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Looks fluid offensively.
    @DanielVeuleman

Please don't expect him to be a positive contributor right off the bat. But his wingspan is scary.

One can only hope that we have found our long-term answer at the 5.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

They will probably look to give him 5-10 mins garbage time when they can, see what his impact is like, then grow a role from there if hes ready.

I saw anjinca on the injury report. Was he there last game? I don't remember. Could his injury be part of the reason they brought him back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Man I can't wait to see Diallo play alongside AD next year. Put this kid on the AD program with strength and weight while having him go up against AD everyday is going to do this kid wonders. Being able to learn from AD everyday is going to be huge. I remember Ryno saying something about AD how much easier it was against other players and how he had to actually learn how to create a shot because it was impossible to score on him in practice if he didn't. Diallo with some added strength/muscle and improving his shooting form while just growing with the game of basketball is going to be fun to watch. Diallo and AD can be a very fun tandem to watch and maybe exactly what AD needs next to him. I would keep this kid in the DLeague all season and just let him get some actual PT since he got very little in college. Let his game and body develop while giving him increased minutes next season when he's ready. Would much rather see him playing 30+ mpg instead of being our end of the bench big.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ibaka 2.0
    I think this is spot on. He might not develop the shot Ibaka has today but I think he is more natural scoring around he rim then Ibaka was. If he can improve his shot the way Ibaka did and gain a similiar build this kid will be the real deal. If only he would hit another spurt like Paul George or even AD this kid would be the ideal center for us. Can still be great but just thinking how awesome 7' would be for Diallo. Right now I envision Diallo and AD playing together as an interchangeable big man tandem with both playing PF/C on the court and giving teams problems because of it. Just needs to get on ADs strength and nutrition program which I guarantee started the day he got here. Nice that we have experience in this area on what to do.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-28-2016 at 01:41 AM.

Back to Austin

I'd prefer he play around 12 minutes a game for us but at least in the D League he'll get minutes. I looked at Ibaka's number for comparison and Ibaka didn't do much his rookie year either, but got 18 minutes a game in over 70 games, something that Diallo won't get. In Ibaka's second year averaged over 2 blocks a game. It makes sense to me that for defensive players, you wan't them to get into the speed of the game so they can contest shots and the D League has looked way slower than the NBA to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

All-Star
    Ibaka was stashed 1 year in Spain after getting drafted and played in year pro before that.

Diallo only played half a season of college basketball, and has started to play 5 years ago.

It is not even possible to compare both players' NBA rookie seasons, give some time to Diallo to learn the game before expecting him to play 18 mins a game.

Not saying he is a bust or anything, just saying he may help in a year or two..... he is simply too raw as of yet

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Looks like he's back again. With him back Ajinca should never see the floor.

AD, Asik, Jones, Diallo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Looks like he's back again. With him back Ajinca should never see the floor.

AD, Asik, Jones, Diallo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    right? atleast he can't be any worse then ajinca...we know what we're getting out of ajinca 9/10 foul trouble with ******** D with diallo who knows

I would rather see Asik not play. If Asik was being paid the same as Ajinca I don't think we would even think twice about who we would rather start. Ajinca hasn't been very good but Asik has been garbage. Guy brings absolutely nothing except grabs some rebounds that are usually directly to him and not him hustling with extra effort to snag.

I'm all for Diallo getting some minutes. Even though he's not fully ready it wouldn't hurt to see him play next to AD a little and get a vision of what they could look next to each other in the future. We very well might have our big man in him. I trust the staff to figure that out.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-07-2016 at 12:58 PM.

The Franchise
    Asik is not that bad. He may not be exactly what we want but he has a place on this team. The problem is we have to surround him with shooters and unfortunately we either aren't hitting shots or Hill is on the court with him and that's not good. Diallo will be the perfect backup PF/C in a year or 2. If he expands his range, then he will be the perfect backup PF I think we need to either run small ball lineups or the final 5. Hopefully by the end of next year we are running out Jrue, Buddy, Tatum, Diallo, and Davis with the worse defender being Buddy but a ton of scoring. If Diallo's offense improves which its already looking good, who would you stop with that lineup.

No Asik is that bad. I have given the guy every chance to prove me wrong and supported him but he has done absolutely nothing. He plays ok defense at times and has the ball bounce his way off the rim. His negatives far out way any positive he brings to the floor. Tough for shooters to get the right looks when only 1 big is being respected. Teams literally play us 4 on 5 and if it wasn't for AD being incredible our big men would have absolutely nowhere to go in the paint. He kills every bit of spacing because teams are praying we pass it to him. You have bigs like Jordan and Drummond who aren't big offensive threats but you can't just leave them alone or you will get torched over and over again. If he wasn't being paid what he is Gentry would be absolutely slammed for giving him minutes.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-07-2016 at 02:47 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Asik is our only decent rebounder with 2 unibrows and defends the rim at an above average rate. A couple of weeks ago a state said he was allowing a really low FG% at the rim, but that could change and I don't remember the numbers.

Ajinca is allegedly a plus offensively, but he missues too many jumpers to spread the floor and is a ball stopper when it touches his hands.

Gimme Asik and let Ajinca rest on the pine.

Asik and Ajinca are so up and down, it's hard to choose which I prefer. Every now and then Asik will have a good game and post something like 10 & 12, but the next game he's back to dropping passes and that sluggish play that drives me crazy. Our whole team is so inconsistent, it's frustrating. If Asik could be that 10 & 12 guy most nights, I would be glad to have him. Unfortunately, it only happens once in every 20 games or so.

Thread Information