Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pels at Mavs GAMEDAY Thread (11/27/16)

Banned
    Players outside of Holiday and Davis shot 4-19, 21% (!), on uncontested shots according to NBA Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    What did Alvin say?
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelicans-live-stream

Top right corner Click that "rectangular"(Event posts) box next to the "I" and you should see it come up on your right.

A much better response to our loss. Maybe he can teach our coach how to respond after a loss. Maybe Gentry was having seizures or something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelicans-live-stream

Top right corner Click that "rectangular"(Event posts) box next to the "I" and you should see it come up on your right.
    Cheers. I don't really want to watch it (too cringey), just wanted the gist of it lol

Cheers. I don't really want to watch it (too cringey), just wanted the gist of it lol

Banned
    #sackGimptry

Robert Pack has to reign in Tim Frazier. He kills possessions dribbling into the paint and stopping without making solid decisions.

Usually that third scorer is done by comittee. Jones has often filled that role. Outside of Jrue and AD it was putrid today.
    That's why you need a consistent third option. The committee approach might work a lot but you really need a third guy that can find their own shot. Reke fits that mold when he comes back and maybe we trade him but if we do it better be for a guy that can create a shot when the offense is not working.

One reporter asked why Asik didn't see the floor in the 2nd half. Gentry responds with 'we can dissect the game all we like, but they outplayed us and deserved to win the game.'

Well, WHY did they outplay you coach? Why didn't Asik get more time? Why do you keep starting Frazier and waiting so long to put in Holiday? The ONLY other player you have capable of putting fear into your opponent? Especially when Frazier ain't playing too hot right now?

Why gas master? Don't get mad. Just answer the damn questions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    One reporter asked why Asik didn't see the floor in the 2nd half. Gentry responds with 'we can dissect the game all we like, but they outplayed us and deserved to win the game.'

Well, WHY did they outplay you coach? Why didn't Asik get more time? Why do you keep starting Frazier and waiting so long to put in Holiday? The ONLY other player you have capable of putting fear into your opponent? Especially when Frazier ain't playing too hot right now?

Why gas master? Don't get mad. Just answer the damn questions.
    Srsly if he can't answer a simple and pertinent question like that...

Lol now we got people here b******* here because we didn't double Barnes?! I could have sworn this guy was no better then a 4th option that only played well because of who he was surrounded by in GS. Still have yet to see anyone come out and say they were wrong on this kid. Man we sure would be looking good with Jrue/Barnes/AD especially if Buddy ever steps up. Also people saying we couldn't have signed him is simply untrue. Whoever we wanted to sign in FA we could have easily dumped a player to get some salary relief. Not saying Barnes wanted to come here or if we even wanted him but if we wanted to make it work it could have easily been done.

Anyways don't get to upset fellas.. we ran into a juggernot tonight with Barnes so it's not the end of the world. I'm just kidding but really this is one game against a team that when at their best and us not playing very well will simply beat us. Teams that are suppose to win games lose them all the time. Like I said it's not like we are the Warriors and this team should have had no shot. We had a nice little streak winning some games but we are still a work in progress that is going to continue to improve while having some down nights. It happens and this is why teams actually play the games instead of just giving wins and losses because of what Vegas had as the point spread.

Why would Gentry answer that question when he doesn't need to? He's the coach and doesn't need to answer some reporters question on why he didn't play this guy after a tough loss. He had his game plan which he spends countless hours putting together and it's not always going to work that's how sports are. So I wouldn't answer the question either and move on just like he did. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation on why he didn't plug Asik who doesn't light the world on fire in the first place. This board is something else man... one night it's what the hell is Asik doing playing 2 minutes above his average to the next night what the hell is Gentry doing not playing Asik 30+ minutes!! Not playing Asik isn't where we lost it was simply terrible shooting. Maybe some questionable rotations but that's going to happen any game you ever lose while they look genius in a win. By the way they had 1 more offensive rebound then us at 11-10. It's not like Bogut just killed us with his 5 offensive rebounds. AD tore Bogut apart so it wasn't as bad of a move as some are acting like. On the the next one Go PELS!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-28-2016 at 01:21 AM.

can anyone get the AD interview working? I get the 2K ad, of course that works, then it just sits there forever. tried 3 different browsers too. god the nba website is a piece of ******** all over.

I like Gentry but his system just doesn't fit this current roster and he refuses to adapt to it. So he and Demps gotta go.

Dallas isn't a good team. No way we should have lost. Most nights it's on just not being good enough tonight that wasn't the case. Had Holiday not hit those 3 big 3pointers it would have been even uglier. Davis was on early and cooled off when we needed him most. Although there were times he was switched onto smaller players and wasn't given the ball. And the rest of the team just had nothing. Credit to Bogut he played Davis well in the 4th. Most of AD points down the stretch came from free throws.

This is what happens when you overpay for career bench players (Hill and Moore). Neither of these guys are needle movers IMO.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 11-28-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Pelicans Any player can get hot

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Lol now we got people here b******* here because we didn't double Barnes?! I could have sworn this guy was no better then a 4th option that only played well because of who he was surrounded by in GS. Still have yet to see anyone come out and say they were wrong on this kid. Man we sure would be looking good with Jrue/Barnes/AD especially if Buddy ever steps up. Also people saying we couldn't have signed him is simply untrue. Whoever we wanted to sign in FA we could have easily dumped a player to get some salary relief. Not saying Barnes wanted to come here or if we even wanted him but if we wanted to make it work it could have easily been done.

Anyways don't get to upset fellas.. we ran into a juggernot tonight with Barnes so it's not the end of the world. I'm just kidding but really this is one game against a team that when at their best and us not playing very well will simply beat us. Teams that are suppose to win games lose them all the time. Like I said it's not like we are the Warriors and this team should have had no shot. We had a nice little streak winning some games but we are still a work in progress that is going to continue to improve while having some down nights. It happens and this is why teams actually play the games instead of just giving wins and losses because of what Vegas had as the point spread.
    The point is to cool them off. I've seen POP of the Spurs sacrifice Leonard on defensive end to sop the bleeding. Barnes was on fire last night and we did nothing to cool him off.
    All NBA players can get on a roll (aka.. Time Frazier last few games at home). It's called DEFENSIVE adjustments which Gentry has no clue of. Look at the rotations in the game last night.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That's why you need a consistent third option. The committee approach might work a lot but you really need a third guy that can find their own shot. Reke fits that mold when he comes back and maybe we trade him but if we do it better be for a guy that can create a shot when the offense is not working.

This team has all shooters and jones is the only player that can play in the paint to get points.....when the shots are not falling,,,reke can cure that by getting to the rim at will on someone for points or a foul.......reke,AD and jrue together can keep the offense flowing with scoring....

That was a one ugly game

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    This team has all shooters and jones is the only player that can play in the paint to get points.....when the shots are not falling,,,reke can cure that by getting to the rim at will on someone for points or a foul.......reke,AD and jrue together can keep the offense flowing with scoring....
    On the flip side, his avoidance of contact also often ends up with him on the floor and gives the opposing team easy fast break opportunities the other way. In 14-15 he only averaged 3.7FTA a game.

Thread Information