Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pels at Blazers GAMEDAY Threa (11/25/16)

Well one good thing is hopefully Sunday this lineup is back in true balance. Not holding my breath on it tho.

If Frazier starts next game, Gentry should be fired

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hope to God AD is saying "Look, coach, we've got to start Jrue and give more minutes to Buddy and this new cat, Anthony Brown."

Dude Jrue made alot of mistakes down the stretch also. Get off the hate wagon. the whole team was out of sync along with bad officiating.

Frazier smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    If Frazier starts next game, Gentry should be fired
    It really needs to stop

Out rebounded 52-34. On offense 12-2. Plus the swinging gate defense out front.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Dude Jrue made alot of mistakes down the stretch also. Get off the hate wagon. the whole team was out of sync along with bad officiating.
    Don't care. Get him out of this bench mode. He also made a WHOLE LOT more plays on defense too. Even blocked a 3.

This ultra stupidity has to end tonight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Out rebounded 52-34. On offense 12-2. Plus the swinging gate defense out front.
    Gentry never plays Asik in the second half

Banned
    How good would NBA 2K be if they got Joel Meyers to commentate

People can't tell me that the refs aren't "in" on this team. Ed Davis stood in the lane all game and 0 calls. Plus, ticky-tack fouls on the Pelicans the entire 2nd half.

Damian Lillard kicks his leg out all the time too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think Jrue has to start. Period. Buddy has to get more time. Let him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the ball movement. It's fun to watch the Pels now. The refs really killed our come back when they called that offensive foul and waived off Jrue's three...

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    It really needs to stop
    And this

All-Star
    A lot of overreaction in this topic. Frazier and Holiday both had a bad night, but the game difference was Portland's dominance under the rim. And I have a lot of questions to the officials. They basically killed our comeback with several horrible calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    A lot of overreaction in this topic. Frazier and Holiday both had a bad night, but the game difference was Portland's dominance under the rim. And I have a lot of questions to the officials. They basically killed our comeback with several horrible calls.
    Yeah I mean how are you calling touch fouls on one end and our guys are getting thrown to the ground and being elbowed

I would rather Jrue starting but Frazier has really been good with the 1st team. Jrue is the better player/PG one of the few core players. I think it's only a matter of time when he gets the start. However, they both need big minutes every game.

+/- stats from this game definitely suggests it was a problem with the starting lineup. Starters combined for a -89. While the bench combined for a +9. No negative numbers from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    Holiday had turnover problems, but he was also much better on defense. His length was felt as soon as he came on the floor.

This is equivalent to the Wizards bringing Beal off the bench. It is absolutely crazy. That lead really shot up at the start of the 3rd and they could not dig themselves out.

The game plan was Lillard attacking Frazier and throwing the defense (including bigs from under the rim) out of balance. More teams will start doing that. Gentry has to stop being so stupid about this. Five games is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Holiday had turnover problems, but he was also much better on defense. His length was felt as soon as he came on the floor.

This is equivalent to the Wizards bringing Beal off the bench. It is absolutely crazy. That lead really shot up at the start of the 3rd and they could not dig themselves out.

The game plan was Lillard attacking Frazier and throwing the defense (including bigs from under the rim) out of balance. More teams will start doing that. Gentry has to stop being so stupid about this. Five games is enough.
    This really was the first game of the streak with two elite scoring guards. They couldn't hide Frazier on D like they have been able to against other teams. Also, that is a tough place to play. Overall it was the lack of necessary defensive intensity as a team that was evident for the first 3 quarters that killed us. They gave up over 30 in every quarter except 17 in the fourth. 100 at the end of the third will lose you a lot of games.

We were bound to slip on the defended at some point, the question is can they bounce back in a very winable road game in Dallas tomorrow? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This really was the first game of the streak with two elite scoring guards. They couldn't hide Frazier on D like they have been able to against other teams. Also, that is a tough place to play. Overall it was the lack of necessary defensive intensity as a team that was evident for the first 3 quarters that killed us. They gave up over 30 in every quarter except 17 in the fourth. 100 at the end of the third will lose you a lot of games.

We were bound to slip on the defended at some point, the question is can they bounce back in a very winable road game in Dallas tomorrow? I think so.
    Well no this streak started against this same team. The difference was this time Portland chose to attack Frazier and run offense through that. Portland was able to get other guys involved once they broke down the defense up top.

Lillard and McCollum had the same points as the first game.

This would have been the perfect time for Gentry to throw a curve ball and make the change he needs to make anyway. Portland adjusted. Gentry didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    How good would NBA 2K be if they got Joel Meyers to commentate
    So good.

But seriously, they have all these secondary commentators now, Joel would be better then half of them.

Thread Information