Pelicans Report

Thread: Anthony Davis still committed to Pelicans

Pelicans Anthony Davis still committed to Pelicans

http://clutchpoints.com/anthony-davi...ns-slow-start/

My desire to win here is the same. I go out there and play. I don’t care what the record is. I just go out there and play. I have to lead this team and make sure my guys are always happy and high energy. I don’t care what people say about our team. They’re not in our locker room seeing us, not part of our group. That’s all white noise.

“I just try to control what I can: go out there and compete.”

Well, he is obviously using reverse psychology and actually saying he wants to be traded.

HE STAY

Seriously though, he doesn't seem to have the personality to be a malcontent. He just signed a four year deal and if the team can trend in the right direction we will see where he is if he opts in or out of the fifth year. If they continue to miss the playoffs and not improve, would anyone blame him for leaving?

Yeah he is not the type to force this issue right now barring some major turmoil.

A few years from now? That's a different story. It's one thing to rationalize it now when it's years away, you are still in the honeymoon phase of your first enormous pay day and no one is rolling the red carpet out yet.

I still say, if this team is not near or in title contention he will move on. It's partly why I am bittersweet on Jrue's rejuvenation of this team. We could really use a Josh Jackson or some other potential superstar. With the money anticipated to retain guys and the money already given out, plus our depleted assets and lack of winning reputation amongst big name player free agents, the draft is our only real chance at another superstar imo.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Be he wants to be traded though.

At this point it really doesn't matter. Your glad he's saying the right things, but it'll hurt him as much as the team to come out and demand a trade less then 18months after signing the contract he's on plus he has little to no say in the matter as of right now. If he's saying this year 4 of the 5 year deal I'll feel a lot better.

It is nice to hear but what else do you really think he is going to say lol

Kevin Durant was committed to OKC forever! Whoops.

Is Davis even playing right now and we are up by 26 right now? You mean this team is learning to adjust without Davis? Dell Demps is smiling right now.
    Last edited by Champ; 11-22-2016 at 08:05 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He's going to give us every shot to build a legit team around him, but when that contract is up, if we still suck or just a middle of the road team....watch out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He's going to give us every shot to build a legit team around him, but when that contract is up, if we still suck or just a middle of the road team....watch out.
    So you could be excited about the next 4 years, but you chose to start worrying about what might happen during the 5th. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    So you could be excited about the next 4 years, but you chose to start worrying about what might happen during the 5th. Ok.
    What the hell are you smoking? No one said anything about not being excited or worrying about anything. Go away.

Banned
    What the hell are you smoking? No one said anything about not being excited or worrying about anything. Go away.
    'but when that contract is up, if we still suck or just a middle of the road team....watch out'

Here's a nice AD article.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...ot-great-start
    Last edited by Lelicans; 11-24-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    'but when that contract is up, if we still suck or just a middle of the road team....watch out'

Here's a nice AD article.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...ot-great-start
    Read more, practice will help.

Read more, practice will help.
    lol that dude posts just to post
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    lol that dude posts just to post
    Starting to realize that.

Thread Information