Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Gameday Thread: Pelicans @ Hawks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Yea its a little paradoxical but I just mean the draft in general wasn't an instant impact draft. Murray got hot a couple games lately, will be interesting to see how consistent he can be with that. But I still see Hield as faster athlete, faster release on his shot, and similar ability overall on offense, so I'm not changing my opinion that Hield was the better pick (yet).
    Quick release is only useful if the shots are dropping

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean I haven't read the piece but I agree on the general premise.

All this talk of Murray but it can't be ignored that the Nuggets are actively revolving their season in part around developing Murray for long-term purposes.

They are carving out a clear role, clear minutes, clear emphasis and most importantly, patience, and it is slowly bearing fruit IMO. Buddy's development so far has been about as careful, predictable and stable as a schizo with ADD taking LSD at a Burning Man concert
    Well I don't agree. There is no one path for rookies. It depends on their own situation and team. Plus we are just 15 games into an 82 game season. There is no need to force him out there at this moment.

Also. Denver as a team isn't setting the league on fire and they've got no injury issues for an excuse.

And funny how people start talking this stuff as soon as the guy has a couple good games. Buddy is still averaging more points and has the higher PER of the two.

Murray has sucked all season and after a good game or two, we made the wrong pick. Jesus...

Really wish I could have seen more of the game. I don't remember the last time we had such a decisive win against such a good team away from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Really wish I could have seen more of the game. I don't remember the last time we had such a decisive win against such a good team away from home.
    Had to be during the CP3 era. I can't recall any in particular though. Certainly nothing like this since AD has been here.

I kept thinking, here we go off to a huge early lead just to blow it in the third. This is absolutely concrete proof that the team is starting to gel and learn their roles in the system.

Per 36

Buddy - 16.5 - 5 - 2.3 - 39%fg
    Murray - 14 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 37%fg

Ok then...

Not to mention, Ingram, bender, brown and Dunn don't look any better.

Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Murray has sucked all season and after a good game or two, we made the wrong pick. Jesus...
    Lol I know right?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    When Reke comes back there will be a giant log jam at 1-2 with Jrue, Frazier, Moore, Gallo, Reke.

There's just not enough minutes to go around. Let Buddy get some continuity in the D-League I say.
    It's okay if he sits on the bench and learns. He will be ready for an injury or a trade.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    It's okay if he sits on the bench and learns. He will be ready for an injury or a trade.
    You don't learn by sitting on the bench. Otherwise Robert Sacre would be the GOAT

All-Star
    Hey guys!

We won 34-14 in the 1st, 51-21 in the 2nd, 84-51 during the 3rd and 112-94 in the 4th!!!

Is not the day to have a discussion of Budddy Hield, today we have another game, important game vs a direct rival.

i was more worried about the fact that the dleaguer got more mins and off the bench before Buddy. I want him to be good really bad...but wonderful game from the team. It seemed surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    i was more worried about the fact that the dleaguer got more mins and off the bench before Buddy. I want him to be good really bad...but wonderful game from the team. It seemed surreal.
    They both ended with 8 minutes each. I was also surprised Brown made it in before Buddy. I am guessing Gentry wanted a bit more length at the time since Brown is a few inches taller than Buddy. They had Jones at center with Frazier, Galloway and Hill also in. So it was a really small lineup already.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    They both ended with 8 minutes each. I was also surprised Brown made it in before Buddy. I am guessing Gentry wanted a bit more length at the time since Brown is a few inches taller than Buddy. They had Jones at center with Frazier, Galloway and Hill also in. So it was a really small lineup already.
    I think he's trying to start someone else other then cunningham lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It was weird when Brown came in. My first thought was "Huh. He looks like a slimmer Rudy Gay."

And after AD and Diallo he seems to have the most stark height to wingspan ratio of any player on the team. You know, since we waived Goodwin. Hope he becomes something for us. Also, he looks like his frame could easily take another 10lbs of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by IVICP3 View Post
    Hey guys!

We won 34-14 in the 1st, 51-21 in the 2nd, 84-51 during the 3rd and 112-94 in the 4th!!!

Is not the day to have a discussion of Budddy Hield, today we have another game, important game vs a direct rival.
    This! We beat the crap out of a very good Atlanta team and people here are complaining. Also we won the last three games with Jrue back. The games we lost were close games. We could easily be 8-7 now and in the 8th place in the West. Among the new players Jones, Moore and Galloway look really good. Hill is a disappointment. I guess Demps was counting on him improving offensively and it seems he was wrong. Now let's hope he gets lucky with Brown cause we really need a SF. I was really disappointed with the start of the season but the last few games give hope

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well I don't agree. There is no one path for rookies. It depends on their own situation and team. Plus we are just 15 games into an 82 game season. There is no need to force him out there at this moment.

Also. Denver as a team isn't setting the league on fire and they've got no injury issues for an excuse.

And funny how people start talking this stuff as soon as the guy has a couple good games. Buddy is still averaging more points and has the higher PER of the two.
    I didn't say there is one and only one path. But the rest of what I said is almost self-evident if you watch multiple games from either team.

Murray is being emphasized and catered to with the goal of developing him. Buddy is an tertiary thought of a coaching staff that is likely on the hot seat and not really engaging in a "process" but trying to maximize wins.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I didn't say there is one and only one path. But the rest of what I said is almost self-evident if you watch multiple games from either team.

Murray is being emphasized and catered to with the goal of developing him. Buddy is an tertiary thought of a coaching staff that is likely on the hot seat and not really engaging in a "process" but trying to maximize wins.
    Coaching staff on the "hot seat" according to who? Buddy is a tertiary thought and not engaged in a "process" according to what? Game minutes? Do you watch the team practice? You know the team's PD regimen?

You didn't type there is one path, but you sure as hell are implying it.

Thread Information