Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: #Pelslife

#Pelslife

Post the inexplicable Pelicans happenings here.

Less than 6 seconds left (from your first win of the season) in OT, up by 1. Out of the timeout you allow the opponent an easy path to the basket, lose by 1. #Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Get to the playoffs... fire the coach... hire a moron. Tank for a season. Free agency bust... 0-6... tank again.

#Pelslife
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Get to the playoffs... fire the coach... hire a moron. Tank for a season. Free agency bust... 0-6... tank again.

#Pelslife
    This one blows my mind. I have never seen a fanbase so loudly calling for the firing of the coach. We stumbled into the playoffs and were swept. I don't remember a single person lamenting Monty's firing. In fact, they may not have had a choice after people were so loudly calling for his job that they were booing him at home games. The fanbase turned so hard against Monty it is possible that Demps couldn't have kept him. If that is the case, who assumes the responsibility? I saw only a few disappointed at the hiring of Gentry. Now we were idiots to have fired Monty and to have hired Gentry.

Sports doesn't have to be stupid but people sure like it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    This one blows my mind. I have never seen a fanbase so loudly calling for the firing of the coach. We stumbled into the playoffs and were swept. I don't remember a single person lamenting Monty's firing. In fact, they may not have had a choice after people were so loudly calling for his job that they were booing him at home games. The fanbase turned so hard against Monty it is possible that Demps couldn't have kept him. If that is the case, who assumes the responsibility? I saw only a few disappointed at the hiring of Gentry. Now we were idiots to have fired Monty and to have hired Gentry.

Sports doesn't have to be stupid but people sure like it that way.
    #Pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    #Pelslife
    lol

They should have taken their time instead of hiring gentry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saints owner buys team from NBA, hires a football guy to be head of basketball operations, proceeds to forget the team actually exists...

#Pelslife

Oh, I have another one...

Tom Benson buys the Hornets. Changes the team's name and identity from one of the most popular sports brands in the world to the "Pelicans" in hopes that it would increase local fan support. Local fans still don't care.

#Pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets08 View Post
    Oh, I have another one...

Tom Benson buys the Hornets. Changes the team's name and identity from one of the most popular sports brands in the world to the "Pelicans" in hopes that it would increase local fan support. Local fans still don't care.

#Pelslife

Fans want to see wins. Win some games and the people will come. Heck even the Saints saw a decrease in ticket sales the past few seasons (7-9, 7-9, 3-4 currently).

Blow a 20 pt plus lead late in the 4th Quarter during game 3 of the playoff series against Golden State

#Pelslife

#Pelslife

#Pelslife

Could get free tickets to go see them in Atlanta. Don't even care. #pelslife

I must preface that I am a hermit and hate leaving the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Post the inexplicable Pelicans happenings here.

Less than 6 seconds left (from your first win of the season) in OT, up by 1. Out of the timeout you allow the opponent an easy path to the basket, lose by 1. #Pelslife
    We were up two points, with two seconds left in regulation. Thats even worse.

#PelsLife

looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

The nameplate above Terrence Jones’ locker at the Smoothie King Center has been incorrect since the season began. Jones spells his first name with three E's, yet his locker boasts a rogue A for a spelling of “Terrance Jones.” Jones’ jersey number on the display is off too. He wears No. 9 in New Orleans, but his locker claims No. 6, the one he wore with the Houston Rockets.

“It’s crazy, man,” Jones recently admitted.

#PelsLife
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Recent espn article by verrier mentioned AD willing to do whatever it takes to win. caught this interview after the latest game.

#pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    The nameplate above Terrence Jones’ locker at the Smoothie King Center has been incorrect since the season began. Jones spells his first name with three E's, yet his locker boasts a rogue A for a spelling of “Terrance Jones.” Jones’ jersey number on the display is off too. He wears No. 9 in New Orleans, but his locker claims No. 6, the one he wore with the Houston Rockets.

“It’s crazy, man,” Jones recently admitted.

#PelsLife

With our record, and that treatment, he will leave once he is given the chance.

Banned
    Possess one of the best players int he world, yet sub par guards continue to go iso instead of feeding him the ball

#Pelslife

Q-Pon almost ready for about a year now.

#Pelslife
    Last edited by Champ; 11-05-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Purchase five-team league pass subscription the year your favorite team breaks through into the playoffs. Re-up only to find that the NBA has cut your subscription to one team, added commercials, and raised the price. All while your team "rolls it back" to a 30 win season. Re-up only to find that the NBA has extended the FSNOLA blackout area all the way to northeast Mississippi, essentially rendering your league pass subscription worthless. Cancel subscription in the midst of an 0-6 start to what is likely a tanking season.

#pelslife

#Pelslife

Lance Stephenson out Indefinitely and I lol'ed.

#PelsLife
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

When every year your fanbase act like the new roster is awesome that all national media is wrong in the offseason and after few games start to be more delusional than knick's fan about signing a superstar in FA.

#PelsLife

When you GM had choice between Thibodeau, Malone and JVG, yet chose Alvin Gentry in part because he brought powerpoint presentation.

#PelsLife

LSU

This thread will become comedy gold.

Just lol'd when reading about Lance Stephenson.... it's not even bad news really. We were terrible anyway.

There's no quick fix to any of this... we have no assets and never do anything in free agency. We just need to suck it up and hope we draft well... and in 5 years time we'all have decent squad... and then AD will leave as a free agent.

#PelsLife
    Last edited by England_Hornet; 11-06-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Thread Information