.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 137

Thread: #Pelslife

  1. #1

    #Pelslife

    Post the inexplicable Pelicans happenings here.

    Less than 6 seconds left (from your first win of the season) in OT, up by 1. Out of the timeout you allow the opponent an easy path to the basket, lose by 1. #Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  2. #2
    Beep Beep England_Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    668
    Get to the playoffs... fire the coach... hire a moron. Tank for a season. Free agency bust... 0-6... tank again.

    #Pelslife
    '' We are here!!''


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Get to the playoffs... fire the coach... hire a moron. Tank for a season. Free agency bust... 0-6... tank again.

    #Pelslife
    This one blows my mind. I have never seen a fanbase so loudly calling for the firing of the coach. We stumbled into the playoffs and were swept. I don't remember a single person lamenting Monty's firing. In fact, they may not have had a choice after people were so loudly calling for his job that they were booing him at home games. The fanbase turned so hard against Monty it is possible that Demps couldn't have kept him. If that is the case, who assumes the responsibility? I saw only a few disappointed at the hiring of Gentry. Now we were idiots to have fired Monty and to have hired Gentry.

    Sports doesn't have to be stupid but people sure like it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

    @Jabberwalker

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    This one blows my mind. I have never seen a fanbase so loudly calling for the firing of the coach. We stumbled into the playoffs and were swept. I don't remember a single person lamenting Monty's firing. In fact, they may not have had a choice after people were so loudly calling for his job that they were booing him at home games. The fanbase turned so hard against Monty it is possible that Demps couldn't have kept him. If that is the case, who assumes the responsibility? I saw only a few disappointed at the hiring of Gentry. Now we were idiots to have fired Monty and to have hired Gentry.

    Sports doesn't have to be stupid but people sure like it that way.
    #Pelslife

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    #Pelslife
    lol

  6. #6
    They should have taken their time instead of hiring gentry


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Saints owner buys team from NBA, hires a football guy to be head of basketball operations, proceeds to forget the team actually exists...

    #Pelslife

  8. #8
    Oh, I have another one...

    Tom Benson buys the Hornets. Changes the team's name and identity from one of the most popular sports brands in the world to the "Pelicans" in hopes that it would increase local fan support. Local fans still don't care.

    #Pelslife

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets08 View Post
    Oh, I have another one...

    Tom Benson buys the Hornets. Changes the team's name and identity from one of the most popular sports brands in the world to the "Pelicans" in hopes that it would increase local fan support. Local fans still don't care.

    #Pelslife

    Fans want to see wins. Win some games and the people will come. Heck even the Saints saw a decrease in ticket sales the past few seasons (7-9, 7-9, 3-4 currently).

  10. #10
    Blow a 20 pt plus lead late in the 4th Quarter during game 3 of the playoff series against Golden State

    #Pelslife

  11. #11

    #Pelslife

  12. #12

    #Pelslife

  13. #13
    Could get free tickets to go see them in Atlanta. Don't even care. #pelslife

    I must preface that I am a hermit and hate leaving the house


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,243
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Post the inexplicable Pelicans happenings here.

    Less than 6 seconds left (from your first win of the season) in OT, up by 1. Out of the timeout you allow the opponent an easy path to the basket, lose by 1. #Pelslife
    We were up two points, with two seconds left in regulation. Thats even worse.

    #PelsLife

  15. #15
    Ambition is Priceless dcoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,346
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

  16. #16
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    626
    The nameplate above Terrence Jones’ locker at the Smoothie King Center has been incorrect since the season began. Jones spells his first name with three E's, yet his locker boasts a rogue A for a spelling of “Terrance Jones.” Jones’ jersey number on the display is off too. He wears No. 9 in New Orleans, but his locker claims No. 6, the one he wore with the Houston Rockets.

    “It’s crazy, man,” Jones recently admitted.

    #PelsLife
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

  17. #17
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,744
    Recent espn article by verrier mentioned AD willing to do whatever it takes to win. caught this interview after the latest game.


    #pelslife

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    The nameplate above Terrence Jones’ locker at the Smoothie King Center has been incorrect since the season began. Jones spells his first name with three E's, yet his locker boasts a rogue A for a spelling of “Terrance Jones.” Jones’ jersey number on the display is off too. He wears No. 9 in New Orleans, but his locker claims No. 6, the one he wore with the Houston Rockets.

    “It’s crazy, man,” Jones recently admitted.

    #PelsLife

    With our record, and that treatment, he will leave once he is given the chance.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,863
    Possess one of the best players int he world, yet sub par guards continue to go iso instead of feeding him the ball

    #Pelslife

  20. #20
    Q-Pon almost ready for about a year now.

    #Pelslife
    Last edited by Champ; 11-06-2016 at 12:17 AM.

  21. #21
    Purchase five-team league pass subscription the year your favorite team breaks through into the playoffs. Re-up only to find that the NBA has cut your subscription to one team, added commercials, and raised the price. All while your team "rolls it back" to a 30 win season. Re-up only to find that the NBA has extended the FSNOLA blackout area all the way to northeast Mississippi, essentially rendering your league pass subscription worthless. Cancel subscription in the midst of an 0-6 start to what is likely a tanking season.

    #pelslife

  22. #22
    #Pelslife



  23. #23
    Lance Stephenson out Indefinitely and I lol'ed.


    #PelsLife
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  24. #24
    When every year your fanbase act like the new roster is awesome that all national media is wrong in the offseason and after few games start to be more delusional than knick's fan about signing a superstar in FA.

    #PelsLife

    When you GM had choice between Thibodeau, Malone and JVG, yet chose Alvin Gentry in part because he brought powerpoint presentation.

    #PelsLife

  25. #25
    Beep Beep England_Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    668

    LSU

    This thread will become comedy gold.

    Just lol'd when reading about Lance Stephenson.... it's not even bad news really. We were terrible anyway.

    There's no quick fix to any of this... we have no assets and never do anything in free agency. We just need to suck it up and hope we draft well... and in 5 years time we'all have decent squad... and then AD will leave as a free agent.

    #PelsLife
    Last edited by England_Hornet; 11-06-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •