Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time To Start Buddy...

Pelicans Time To Start Buddy...

You've got nothing to lose at this point, Gentry. It's not like Moore has been playing lights out anyway. Might as well start the rookie the rest of the way and let him build off of each game, good or bad.

Banned
    Time to start Buddy winning I what I say

I support this.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's clear to me that Buddy gets more efficient the more shots the more he takes. If he takes just 3 or 4 3s, he'll hit maybe one. But he takes 8 or 9, he probably drains 4 of them. Probably in super clutch moments with a hand in his face.

The same player from Oklahoma is there. Just needs to get comfortable with how fast the game is without rushing himself too much. Soon he'll adjust and it'll be awesome.

Buddy needs to start because it would help open the floor for davis

I heard Quincy is almost ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I could've sworn that I heard Joel Meyers say that Tyreke was closer than Q-Pon. Did I hear him wrong?

I feel like Buddy finally started finding his feet when the team narrowed and focused his responsibilities and worked to get him involved by setting him up in his most comfortable spots. Which is what they were talking about during the game last night that they changed last game and this recent one.

Throwing him into the starting lineup seems like going by in the opposite direction of what has seemingly worked.

I say keep him in this new narrowed role, as he gets confidence and comfortable slowly add new wrinkles and responsibilities. Maybe by January or so you consider putting him into the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    yeah i heard the same thing for about 2 seasons now it seems

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    yeah i heard the same thing for about 2 seasons now it seems
    Exactly. Last I heard, it appeared he had another setback.

THe only silver lining i can think of this year is AD gets over used, gets an injury that isn't career threatening, we get a lottery pick and trade it for a bonafide robin for our Batman

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I say keep him in this new narrowed role, as he gets confidence and comfortable slowly add new wrinkles and responsibilities. Maybe by January or so you consider putting him into the starting lineup.
    I agree by January he should be starting for good or bad. He has to be our starting SG going forward or it was a bad pick. Plus if it looks like we're going to do bad then let's take our growing pains now instead of later.

Banned
    Jamal Murray still hasn't made a field goal in the NBA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-04_13-02-12.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	6198

Jamal Murray has now started his NBA career going 0-16 from the field...and counting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Jamal Murray has now started his NBA career going 0-16 from the field...and counting

Meanwhile Jaylen Brown is looking really good

and McNamara said Murray was going to be GOAT and Brown was going to be a complete bust lololol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Again, it is yet early. But yeah. Cal had one of the slowest offenses in all college ball.

I knew Brown was capable of a LOT more.

I'm biased towards hyper athletes, some people are biased against them.

Kris Dunn ain't exactly lighting it up either. And he's one of those older rooks. The T wolves in general have started slow.

You can't really be unhappy with this start for Buddy. He's basically giving us half of Gordon's scoring with better defense.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Buddy will be starting once he averages 14-16ppg. This will happen. He's going to score a lot of points. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Kris Dunn ain't exactly lighting it up either. And he's one of those older rooks. The T wolves in general have started slow.
    Has there been one rookie thats really shined? Apparently Ingram has been playing terribly as well. ROY might come down to Embiid and Buddy

I think it best to let Buddy continue to get his feet wet. I think Moore has been playing well, it's not like he is the run-of-the-mill vet who is taking developmental minutes from young guys. He has room to grow too.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    You can't really be unhappy with this start for Buddy. He's basically giving us half of Gordon's scoring with better defense.
    He is missing open shoot, those are huge bricks....
    I hated gordon, but he is 3 times better than buddy now.
    4 years in college, and look totally lost. An Adam Morisson so far

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfan41 View Post
    He is missing open shoot, those are huge bricks....
    I hated gordon, but he is 3 times better than buddy now.
    4 years in college, and look totally lost. An Adam Morisson so far
    Haha Adam Morisson not even close. Kid has played 6 games and the team has been a mess can't expect a rookie to look like a world beater out there. Chris for Pheonix didn't look much better and Bender isn't even seeing playing time. There are maybe like 4-5 rookies who are a net positive while playing on the floor so far during this young season. Give Buddy some time, regardless of playing 4 years of college he like any rookie needs time to adjust. Plus Buddy is already miles ahead of where Austin Rivers was when he began here.

Thread Information