Pelicans Report

Thread: Final Roster Prediction

Final Roster Prediction

PGs: Tim Frazier, Langston Galloway, *Jrue Holiday
    SGs: E'twaun Moore, Buddy Hield, *Tyreke Evans
    SFs: Solomon Hill, Lance Stephenson, *Quincy Pondexter
    PFs: Anthony Davis, Dante Cunningham, Terrence Jones, Cheick Diallo
    Cs: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca

Barring any trades I see this as our opening night roster.

I think all it really comes down too is Lance or Gee. Lance for ball handling or Gee for defense. I'm not sure Lance has done enough. He has been pretty pedestrian so far.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I think all it really comes down too is Lance or Gee. Lance for ball handling or Gee for defense. I'm not sure Lance has done enough. He has been pretty pedestrian so far.
    I take Lance over Gee all day. Lance isn't the defender Gee is but he does everything else better.

Does anyone know if there are any possible roster exceptions for either Reke or Qpon?

Lance Stephenson over Gee all day. There is NO reason for us to be the team that plays Gee. I know he is a solid defender and an exceptional athlete; other than that, he doesn't have the skills to succeed on the perimeter in the NBA.

Gee is a good friend of AD's. If it keeps AD happy and there's not a big difference in the players, I rather keep Gee.

I'd probably take Gee over Lance from what was shown in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Gee is a good friend of AD's. If it keeps AD happy and there's not a big difference in the players, I rather keep Gee.

I'd probably take Gee over Lance from what was shown in preseason.
    This is my thinking as well. Lance hasn't provided much more than Gee offensively so far. That doesn't bode well for Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Lance Stephenson over Gee all day. There is NO reason for us to be the team that plays Gee. I know he is a solid defender and an exceptional athlete; other than that, he doesn't have the skills to succeed on the perimeter in the NBA.
    Hopefully we won't have to play Gee very much but he is a good guy at the end of the bench.

Supposedly that is the reason we signed Gee. It is sad that we have to use a guaranteed contract and a roster spot just to keep ADs friend around.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Supposedly that is the reason we signed Gee. It is sad that we have to use a guaranteed contract and a roster spot just to keep ADs friend around.
    Lebron does the same thing. Except he forces teams to give huge contracts too.

We are talking end of bench and Gee is a solid defender on a team that is desperate for defense. Using the 15th spot on him isn't a bad move even if he wasn't a good friend of AD's.

Lance actually has killed our offense every single time he's got in the game. Way too much dribbling from him.

I really hoped Lance would standout in preseason but at his rate he is still a steal. Hopefully they have a trade where we damn near give reke away and keep lance.
    I'm a grinder

Lebron does the same thing. Except he forces teams to give huge contracts too.

We are talking end of bench and Gee is a solid defender on a team that is desperate for defense. Using the 15th spot on him isn't a bad move even if he wasn't a good friend of AD's.
    But Lebron's "friends" contribute.

Regardless of how Lance looks in the preseason games, he's more valuable than Gee.

galloway has been very meh for me. Not sure of him staying after Jrue gets back. Especially us going after tyus.

But Lebron's "friends" contribute.
    If they demand 10x the money of Gee they better.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Regardless of how Lance looks in the preseason games, he's more valuable than Gee.
    If it was this clear cut Stephenson wouldn't have agreed on a tryout contract with us. There is a reason no other team offered him more.

If they demand 10x the money of Gee they better.
    As much as I cannot stand Smith, he helped them win a championship. His situation is nothing like wasting a roster spot on a player's friend.

As much as I cannot stand Smith, he helped them win a championship. His situation is nothing like wasting a roster spot on a player's friend.
    Gee isn't wasting a roster spot. He is an end of bench player, and was signed as our 15th guy.

From today's game.

A. Gee
    ___Min__FG___3PT__FT__ORB__DRB_RB__AST_STL__BL__TO __PF____+/-_PTS

SG _8__ 0-1__ 0-1 __0-0__ 0 ___2__ 2__ _1___ 0___ 0__ 0__ 0____ +11__ 0

L. Stephenson
    ___Min__FG___3PT__FT__ORB__DRB_RB__AST_STL__BL__TO __PF____+/-_PTS

SG 19__ 1-3__ 0-1 __0-0__ 0 ___2__ 2__ _3___ 0___ 0__ 2__ 3____ +2___ 2

I still think Gee makes the team over Lance. With these numbers at least Gee gives good defense. Lance hasn't done enough on offense.

I also expect Lance to be cut.

Lance is a better player in the vacuum.
    But this is not vacuum.
    He may help a little, but not long term...

Better give those minutes to Buddy...

Expect Lance to be cut today or in the next days.
    Teams must set their rosters before start of the season...

Thread Information