Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should the Pelicans make a trade now?

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Tin-Food. have you ever notice how awkward AD looks trying to drive to the basket from more than 10ft out? His legs are just too long to move fluently he's like a man on stilts(lol).
    We've seen him step on a defender's foot, slip, trip, stumble and fall down...you name it he's done it. Dude was a beast when operating around the basket and rising up and over the competition. They could
    use 1 big on the low block and one at the opposite side elbow. Use Asik for for down and cross screens in the paint only. Use SF, PF, C only for this, the guards can continue
    to run off flare and ball screens. Idealy, only action in the paint occurs with bigs against bigs. Gentry is a good offensive mind he could devise a system but is stubborn like coach Payton.
    It's too early to really say Gentry is being stubborn with his system. 1st season saw a gang of injuries so you really can't say whether or not the system doesn't fit the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It's too early to really say Gentry is being stubborn with his system. 1st season saw a gang of injuries so you really can't say whether or not the system doesn't fit the team.
    A "gang" of injuries? You must be from the west coast. Only place I've ever heard that.

Also did anybody see Gentry's last postgame? He speak mandarin?

As far as AD's injury, he stepped on someone's foot. Nothing you can do about it and it's not serious at all. As much as I want him to get on the block and work down low, there is really nothing you can do to prevent injuries like that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Well, Joel Embiid looks like the next big thing. No reason whatsoever for them to have Noel and Okafor.

Ugh. Too many injuries to flip 'em something we want.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This is where the four-player swap is being eyed in which the Pelicans would get Celtics shipping point guard Marcus Smart, small forward Jaylen Brown and power forward Amir Johnson, according to the Inquisitr.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Well, Joel Embiid looks like the next big thing. No reason whatsoever for them to have Noel and Okafor.

Ugh. Too many injuries to flip 'em something we want.
    So one that I have seen that "almost" makes sense looks like:

Pelicans trade- Buddy Hield and Omer Asik

Sixers trade- Nerlens Noel and Robert Covington

So is that insane? I have such a hard time with it because I know this team wants to put AD at center a bunch. But from what I have seen, our center play is what kills us more than anything and we sill struggle on defense.

Pels:

PG- Jrue Holiday
    SG- Tyreke/Moore
    SF- Hill/Covington/Pondexter
    PF- Davis
    C- Noel

Just one of those that makes way more sense for the Sixers than it probably does for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What is that site? Is it like that onion site? What a freaking joke!

That would be awful. No way we give up Buddy who we can have on a rookie contract and have right to match so we can keep him for 9 years for Noel who we will have to sign to a much larger contract basically next off season.

It's a bad deal for us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That would be awful. No way we give up Buddy who we can have on a rookie contract and have right to match so we can keep him for 9 years for Noel who we will have to sign to a much larger contract basically next off season.

It's a bad deal for us.
    The salary is mostly cancelled out by the trading of Asik. And we definitely miss out of a few years on control, but also pick up the 25 year old Covington with two years of control on a very cheap deal. I remind you, I am not for it. Just throwing it out there and it's not awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And I've seen AD get physically routed out of his spot on the block vs stronger, stockier players. AD wouldn't last trying to be DeAndre Jordan either. His greatest asset is his quickness.

Until there's someone else to carry the load, it will be AD. It isn't about being stubborn. It's about giving us the best chance to win...

But also, there is certainly a level of arrogance and my way or the highway in all the successful coaches. But I do not find Gentry to be anywhere nearly as stubborn as Payton.
    Eman5805, like I said I don't want AD on the block either (AKA...Patrick Ewing, Shaq) but with more of getting his shots off with movement (Running hooks, faceup jumpers, half hooks) but only at a
    closer distance to the basket. I've also seen AD get uprooted on the block and I know that's not his game. it should be a combo of both but between 8 and 15ft from the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A "gang" of injuries? You must be from the west coast. Only place I've ever heard that.

Also did anybody see Gentry's last postgame? He speak mandarin?

As far as AD's injury, he stepped on someone's foot. Nothing you can do about it and it's not serious at all. As much as I want him to get on the block and work down low, there is really nothing you can do to prevent injuries like that.
    I live on the west coast now. Not even sure where or when I picked up "gang of" anymore. I'm losing my NOLA being away so long.

Thread Information