Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor 6 team mega deal

The Franchise
    What happens when we can't hit the outside shot. We don't have ANY kind of post game. MM wrote an article of how someone like Monroe would help our second unit too. I can imagine a Heild Monroe inside out game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    What happens when we can't hit the outside shot. We don't have ANY kind of post game. MM wrote an article of how someone like Monroe would help our second unit too. I can imagine a Heild Monroe inside out game.
    The only one who's been able to create any post offense outside of AD over the past 5 years is Ryno and he's gone. AA a bit but no where near consistent enough.

Jones should give us something doe

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It sounds good so it probably won't happen.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We put up 115 against Houston with our starters playing limited minutes.

Our offensive scoring is not an issue.
    Not disagreeing with the overall premise but we're talking about a preseason game, in China, where we are trying to put on a show for the fans and not get injured. Don't take anything you see from that game as an indication of the team. Neither team is going all out on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Not disagreeing with the overall premise but we're talking about a preseason game, in China, where we are trying to put on a show for the fans and not get injured. Don't take anything you see from that game as an indication of the team. Neither team is going all out on defense.
    Sure. We were still middle of NBA on offense last year with basically a D League. I'm just not worried about our offense producing.

Trade Rumor 6 team mega deal

Bucks trading MCW to the bulls tonight and both him and Monroe were " rested" I wonder if Monroe is on the move also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Bucks trading MCW to the bulls tonight and both him and Monroe were " rested" I wonder if Monroe is on the move also .

Come to papa

According to CBS Sports, the Milwaukee Bucks was sitting Greg Monroe for tonight's game to just simply "rest". Sounds like something is in the works.

Might as well another guy that can score if we can't stop anyone.

Oh give me snell and monroe please.

I'd kind of would rather neither. They're both bad on offensive, MCW gives you assists, Snell gives you a little defense. Neither gives you much else unless you count turnovers.

I just don't know what I'd trade tor Monroe. Tyreke sure but what else? I don't want to give up any of our guards. Maybe QPon but two injury prone players isn't a huge selling point.

Monroe would greatly improve this team.

Are you guys willing to deal next year's pick or Dillao for Monroe? I don't wanna give up neither.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Are you guys willing to deal next year's pick or Dillao for Monroe? I don't wanna give up neither.
    Yeah I agree, I don't think Monroe is a good fit for the roster. Watched the Bucks preseason full game highlights and saw how he continually gave up points from weak rotations on defense. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we'd be much better with this year's Asik playing those starter minutes at Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Diallo should be considered untouchable until further notice

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Diallo should be considered untouchable until further notice
    Has diallo been that good? I haven't been able to watch any preseason games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He has been good, one of our only young assets with real trade value.

We shouldn't add Diallo to any deal. His upside is really high and is a quality, developmental prospect. He fits Gentry's Run & Gun style.

The Franchise
    Diallo is ok. He needs to gain about 20-30 pounds before he'll be able to do much down low. I'd only want to keep him to build some youth. I like 4 year players but eventually you need to cultivate your own players.

I've felt Monroe would give us offensive options that our bigs don't. Defensively I doubt we could be much worse. Ajinca fouls too much and Asik is just ok. As for what we'd have to give up I think it's one of 2 possibilities. Asik and either Qpon or Cunningham or tyreke and ajinca. I'm ok with either but if bucks want to clear space for next years FA then they should go tyreke and ajinca. I still like tyreke but if we aren't resigning him then rip the bandaid off now. As for Qpon, I like him but he hasn't played in so long I'm ready to move on to players who do.

I wonder if we could get Jeremi Grant from the sixers for a second rounder. He'd be a perfect backup SF and play some PF off the bench too the same way hill could.

Monroe would definitely give us an added low-post scorer that we've never had since David West. The question is do you want to pay him $17 million for possibly just 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    IDK if he is untouchable but I do hope our franchise has finally recognized the growing consensus around the value of drafting and developing promising talent into your system as being a pivotal core component of maintaining a quality organization and roster.

Especially as a team without a settled core or the franchise history that carries weight with major FA's.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-16-2016 at 11:14 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I say you don't throw in Diallo unless we're swinging something amazing. Like if the Bulls GM drops a whole but of Quaaludes and trades us Jimmy Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I say you don't throw in Diallo unless we're swinging something amazing. Like if the Bulls GM drops a whole but of Quaaludes and trades us Jimmy Butler.
    Yeah thats when you start parting with your developmental guys IMO. I agree 100%. At least given where this franchise is at: being cap strapped, asset strapped, lacking in key positions and struggling to find a successful identity and core.

Diallo is a solid young player, but seriously... how many minutes will Diallo get? You got AD, Terrence Jones, Dante and Solomon Hill all getting minutes at the 4 in multiple lineups.

Do you trade future/potential for immediate needs?

I say no. Come next year if we lose Dante and Jones, Diallo could see significant minutes on a minimal contract.

Lol so the MCW trade still happened but dang has his stock fallen that much? Or are the Bucks really rolling with Gianiss at the point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thread Information