Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy predictions

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm hoping we're just bringing him along slowly and by the end of the preseason he's starting.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He will for sure have more rebounds. The only thing everyone ever talks about is his shooting ability but he was a very good rebounder for his position in college.
    Probably one of the more under-talked about skill he possesses. He is a great rebounder for a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Probably one of the more under-talked about skill he possesses. He is a great rebounder for a 2.
    Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up one of the better rebounders in the entire league for the 2.

He looked great, so did Jones and Moore
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

The Franchise
    Minutes aren't going to be there to put up huge numbers straight away, Moore Galloway Qpon (when back) are all better players at this stage. I have no doubts he will develop and could be a candidate in the future for MIP (IE CJ McCollum) but be prepared for him to go through struggles during his rookie year. Below are my predictions - also I would be happy with these.

7.8 PPG
    2.7 RPG
    2.2 APG

43%FG
    39%3FPG
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Minutes aren't going to be there to put up huge numbers straight away, Moore Galloway Qpon (when back) are all better players at this stage. I have no doubts he will develop and could be a candidate in the future for MIP (IE CJ McCollum) but be prepared for him to go through struggles during his rookie year. Below are my predictions - also I would be happy with these.

7.8 PPG
    2.7 RPG
    2.2 APG

43%FG
    39%3FPG
    He will average more rebounds than Gordon....that's for sure.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

7.8 PPG
    2.7 RPG
    2.2 APG

43%FG
    39%3FPG
    If he starts, I think he could, he will probably take enough shots, if he gets 20-25 minutes, to have these stats:

16.3 PPG
    3.7 RPG
    2.8 APG

43% FG
    40%3FPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Buddy predictions

I think some of you are underestimating how good Buddy really is. I think he's going to surprise many people.

I think he's going to be very difficult to stop even at the pro level. If he's open he's going to score. He's very fast and gets open very easily. Does anyone notice this? And even if a defender stays on him he's still really good in ISO.

He's got athleticism, he's got size, he's got shooting, he's got playmaking, and he's good at attacking the basket.

I really think other shooting guards are going to have a hard time against him. I think he's going to do exactly what he's been doing in college. If his handle improves and he start driving to the basket successfully he is going to be a big star. If he does all this and plays above average defense I think he could be a top player in this league one day. Here is Buddy in 2018-2019 season.

25.7PPG
    5.7RPG
    4.3APG
    1.3SPG
    93%FT
    40%3FPG

By then we will be an elite team.

Last edited by pelicanchamp; 10-03-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Rookie
    demar derozan 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jojosantos View Post
    demar derozan 2.0
    I think and hope he will be better than derozan at least shooting wise. I'll take that though
    I'm a grinder

demar derozan 2.0
    No way. They're two totally different types of player. With Derozan being unable to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No way. They're two totally different types of player. With Derozan being unable to shoot.
    40% outside the paint and 34% from three. He is slightly better than league average outside the paint and almost league average from three. He's not a good shooter but he's okay. But I agree that Buddy and DeRozan seem to have very different skillsets. If Buddy gets that level of athleticism or ball handling I'd be stoked, especially because I think his shooting will be better, at least from three.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Banned
    demar derozan 2.0

7.8 PPG
    2.7 RPG
    2.2 APG

43%FG
    39%3FPG
    Until QPon shows that he can get on the court, I would have to talk about him in terms of IF he comes back rather than "when."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Until QPon shows that he can get on the court, I would have to talk about him in terms of IF he comes back rather than "when."
    Unfortunately this

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Buddy predictions

I worry about his ability to create. I'd like to see him develop in his own time with his own spin on his unique abilities. I worry that our team needs might trump his developmental needs. Therefore, averages don't concern me as much a role and use. I'd like to see him eased into the starting SG role. 20 mins or so a night to get a rhythm; more when he's playing well, less when he's not doing what he's supposed to.

If Buddy Hields stat line looks like this after year one then perhaps we are cooking with gas:

11-13 PPG
    3-5 REBS
    2 AST
    1 STL
    45 FG%
    40 3PT%
    85 FT%

70 games played
    29 starts

November MPG: 20
    December MPG: 23
    January MPG: 25
    February MPG: 22
    ***Assumes Starting SG role, playoff contention or not. Performance willing***
    March MPG: 27
    April MPG: 32

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We gotta remember this is a 4 year senior. I dont think we have to take the same slow route we took with AD. He's been developing in college just as long as AD has been developing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If he starts, I think he could, he will probably take enough shots, if he gets 20-25 minutes, to have these stats:

16.3 PPG
    3.7 RPG
    2.8 APG

43% FG
    40%3FPG

No way. that's absolutely ridiculous for 20-25 minutes. A lot of superstar players couldn't put up numbers like that in that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I worry about his ability to create. I'd like to see him develop in his own time with his own spin on his unique abilities. I worry that our team needs might trump his developmental needs. Therefore, averages don't concern me as much a role and use. I'd like to see him eased into the starting SG role. 20 mins or so a night to get a rhythm; more when he's playing well, less when he's not doing what he's supposed to.

If Buddy Hields stat line looks like this after year one then perhaps we are cooking with gas:

11-13 PPG
    3-5 REBS
    2 AST
    1 STL
    45 FG%
    40 3PT%
    85 FT%

70 games played
    29 starts

November MPG: 20
    December MPG: 23
    January MPG: 25
    February MPG: 22
    ***Assumes Starting SG role, playoff contention or not. Performance willing***
    March MPG: 27
    April MPG: 32

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eh? I'd day half of his points came off his own creating. These weren't catch-and-shoots. He took Hornsby from the top of the key and finished over the help. Gordon stopped doing that kind of stuff years ago.

It's still a work in progress, but the simple fact he isn't settling for jumpers makes me think he will have no problem getting his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Eh? I'd day half of his points came off his own creating. These weren't catch-and-shoots. He took Hornsby from the top of the key and finished over the help. Gordon stopped doing that kind of stuff years ago.

It's still a work in progress, but the simple fact he isn't settling for jumpers makes me think he will have no problem getting his own shot.
    The bad news is Buddy will be matched against Wes Matthews not Hornsby, when the season starts. The good news is Toney Douglas is a Cav. Congrats to Toney.
    Last edited by durun; 10-03-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    The bad news is Buddy will be matched against Wes Matthews not Hornsby, when the season starts. The good news is Toney Douglas is a Cav. Congrats to Toney.
    The good news is there a lots of Hornsbys that play in the NBA defensively. Harden, Stauskas. Two of the four opening games are again Denver and Milwaukee. No standout back court defenders on either team out of possibly Mudiay, a PG.

And also Matthews is getting a bit old. He'll probably have his minutes replaced by Justin Anderson (young player the Mavs like) this season at some point. So give me Matthews on Heild...thanks.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-03-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The good news is there a lots of Hornsbys that play in the NBA defensively. Harden, Stauskas. Two of the four opening games are again Denver and Milwaukee. No standout back court defenders on either team out of possibly Mudiay, a PG.

And also Matthews is getting a bit old. He'll probably have his minutes replaced by Justin Anderson (young player the Mavs like) this season at some point. So give me Matthews on Heild...thanks.
    Remember the name, Gary Harris!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    We gotta remember this is a 4 year senior. I dont think we have to take the same slow route we took with AD. He's been developing in college just as long as AD has been developing with us.
    This ^^^ Lillard was on it right out of the gate. With Moore it appears that we won't be required to start him right away but I expect him to take over at some point unless Moore is playing lights out, which would be a good thing. Either way we should have much more depth this year.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Remember the name, Gary Harris!
    I know Gary Harris. Good shooter.

I'm on board for 15 a night this season. That jumper is too much to hold down. Just looking at the highlights from Dallas you can tell he really went to work after Summer League. I'm imagining some week film long sessions with John Gruden and multiple workout / practice montages with Sly Stalone and Robbie Benson. Whatever he did, it seems to have worked.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thread Information