Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/P Ryan Anderson Throwing Shade

N/P Ryan Anderson Throwing Shade

So you guys must have heard about how Ryan Anderson never got open looks when he was with the Pelicans. If you didn't know that, he will be the first to tell you.

(start at the 4:30 mark to get the whole conversation leading up to his comment)
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Gentry has response to that in one of his recent vids it's gold

That team will be lucky to be .500 again. Harden is their pg now. Ryno starting at the 4.

Vegas will have their game totals at 220-230 every night. I'd take the over every time and come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That team will be lucky to be .500 again. Harden is their pg now. Ryno starting at the 4.

Vegas will have their game totals at 220-230 every night. I'd take the over every time and come out ahead.
    LOL, I guess they figure out really quick how often those 2-11 or 4-11 with no defense really shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Gentry has response to that in one of his recent vids it's gold
    I saw that too. Gentry has jokes. I love it.

I had no ill will towards Ryno before, but now... its not like he was making his shots when he was open, so why keep feeding the ball when you know what it was going to get you?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I saw that too. Gentry has jokes. I love it.

I had no ill will towards Ryno before, but now... its not like he was making his shots when he was open, so why keep feeding the ball when you know what it was going to get you?
    Ryan will be a lot better. He played out of position with the Pels. I believe his shooting efficiency will increase since he won't take the physical beating. Also he has floor spacers with the Rockets. Four of Houston's projected starters can stretch the floor.
    His defense will be porous but his three pointers will offset his weakness.

How did Ryno play out of position here? And Clint Capela is a floor spacer?

Banned
    I think it's more an indictment of how terrible his new teammates are at covering him in scrimmages rather than a shot at us.

I would love to hear gentry's response
    I'm a grinder

Gentry's response
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-an...185123364.html
    “Great, that’s good. That’s terrific. We’re happy for him.”
    Also from the article

Considering the NBA now tracks such statistics, we can tell whether his statement is actually true. In total, Anderson has attempted a total of 716 3-pointers over the past two seasons, ranking among the league’s top 25 in 3-point attempts per game each year, and a whopping 652 of those — or 91 percent — were classified by SportVU as either “open” or “wide open” (nearest opponent at least 4 feet away).

So, either he’s played an awful lot of pickup this summer or he saw something SportVU didn’t.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Gentry's response

Also from the article
    Soudns butthurt to me

Yeah, the only explanation I can think of is that with Monty gone and the trade rumors, he didn't feel respected. Who knows if we even made him an offer this offseason. But how many times does he want to mention something that isn't factually true? I'm with Gentry. "We're happy for him."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Can't wait till they play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was just parroting the usual September new player company line. Nothing to see here.

I watched this guy take terrible shot after terrible shot and he has the nerve to say something negative. total loser

I'm so happy that both he and Gordon have taken their ole defense to pair up with harden. I cant wait to see that team crumble.

I love how when Ryno was on the Pels, he could do no wrong, but now since he's gone, the pitch forks are out. I love it. NOLA fans are the best. With that said, he was a 1 dimensional bum here and he'll be a 1 dimensional bum there. I'm so happy that we don't have to see him shoot fallaways when being guarded by Isaiah Thomas or somebody shorter anymore.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Can't wait till they play us.

He and Gordon will probably put up 40 each.

Davis reaction. LOL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

N/P Ryan Anderson Throwing Shade

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    He and Gordon will probably put up 40 each.
    No way. Hill will abuse Ryno. Moore on Gordon would be interesting. Lance on Gordon as well. I don't think we will let them do crap

So happy I won't have to ponder throwing my remote through the window after watching Ryno take one of those GOD-awful one-foot fade-away step-backs against a double-team. That used to p!ss me off. Just a terrible shot even when he made them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    So happy I won't have to ponder throwing my remote through the window after watching Ryno take one of those GOD-awful one-foot fade-away step-backs against a double-team. That used to p!ss me off. Just a terrible shot even when he made them.
    It was usually with the clock running down and with four other non scorers on the court with him

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    It was usually with the clock running down and with four other non scorers on the court with him

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Ryno losing some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No way. Hill will abuse Ryno. Moore on Gordon would be interesting. Lance on Gordon as well. I don't think we will let them do crap

Ryno is a 4. The matchup is he and AD. Try not to squeal like a little girl at the thought.

Thread Information