Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who has a better Career? AD vs KAT?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Jodie Meeks also scored 50 in a game. Just saying
    So did Brandon Jennings. By that logic I could make 25 wide open layups and be considered a offensive power house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Points are points and AD is one of the most scorers efficient in the game which makes him an offensive powerhouse
    That efficiency is the result of assisted baskets, put backs, and free throws. Again not an insult and doesn't mean this is the end of Davis' offensive development.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Because Drummond can't score even when being created for. He doesn't have that in his offensive game being very limited in what he can do unless it's a dunk. You're acting like all of the assits to AD are someone basically scoring the basket for him. Sorry but it's not that easy. Drummomd scores almost all of his baskets off of put backs and busted plays. If your gonna call someone a garbage player it's your boy Drummond who is the ultimate garbage player. Like I said you don't score 25+ ppg and have one of the most historic offensive seasons ever because you aren't a powerhouse offensively. This is you trying to throw shade on AD with your ridiculous predictions a few years ago. No your not going completely in on him because it would look ridiculous but your salvaging whatever you can right now trying to say AD is some garbage scorer lol. No matter what he does it's always gonna be but he doesn't shoot like Curry from 3 or create for others like Lebron! But wait Drummond % of assisted baskets is less! Obviously that stat means absolutely nothing.
    Make all the excuse you want but Davis is assisted at an extremely high clip. As for as the garbage scoring thing that was another poster(can't remember who) I just expanded on their post. So the idea that it's me just "throwing shade" at Davis again is just you taking an observation personally for some reason.

Why can't any other big score like him if all it takes is someone to get them the ball? Lol this is so stupid. If this was the case Deandre Jordan should be averaging 30 ppg playing with CP3. Somehow him getting the ball and being able to score quickly means he isn't diverse lol. Again he put up a historic season scoring offensively and who was getting him the ball? Tyreke!? lol this is a joke just like those evaluations on AD.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    That efficiency is the result of assisted baskets, put backs, and free throws. Again not an insult and doesn't mean this is the end of Davis' offensive development.
    If this were the case then why aren't all players as efficient as AD?

Again this discussion has regressed to people taking away from my comments what they want to try to make my point a knock against Davis. I never said it's easy to be efficient or that him not being what I consider an offensive power house a bad thing. Nor have I said that just any player can be as effective in a similar role. My post simply broke down where I think Davis' game is as of the last time I've seen him play the game.

Again this discussion has regressed to people taking away from my comments what they want to try to make my point a knock against Davis. I never said it's easy to be efficient or that him not being what I consider an offensive power house a bad thing. Nor have I said that just any player can be as effective in a similar role. My post simply broke down where I think Davis' game is as of the last time I've seen him play the game.
    Poor DA throne. You know every time you critique a.d. in any form, the torches will follow.
    I'm a grinder

You directly stated his efficiency is due to assists. I wasn't challenging your opinion on offensive power. I was challenging your basis for saying why AD was so efficient.

YOUR statement was made in a definitive way that lead to it being challenged. Your response shows you have nothing to back it up, it's just an opinion. The vast amount of evidence shows that ADs efficiency is much more than him just getting assisted. If that's all it were then more players would have been that efficient. Instead we have AD putting on arguably a top 10 regular season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You directly stated his efficiency is due to assists. I wasn't challenging your opinion on offensive power. I was challenging your basis for saying why AD was so efficient.

YOUR statement was made in a definitive way that lead to it being challenged. Your response shows you have nothing to back it up, it's just an opinion. The vast amount of evidence shows that ADs efficiency is much more than him just getting assisted. If that's all it were then more players would have been that efficient. Instead we have AD putting on arguably a top 10 regular season ever.
    His efficiency is the direct result of assist it's should be evident by the fact that this season he tired to do more iso and his efficiency to a hit. However if he didn't have a jumper than no matter how great a system or pass it wouldn't result in a made basket. So it's both. The system allows for Davis to get to his spots and Davis' ability to knock down mid range shots results in a made shot. Again it wasn't a comment to discredit Davis' importance to the team or his own talent.

If he "didn't have a jumper" lol! Yea this isn't another failed attempt to throw a little shade on AD.

His efficiency is the direct result of assist it's should be evident by the fact that this season he tired to do more iso and his efficiency to a hit. However if he didn't have a jumper than no matter how great a system or pass it wouldn't result in a made basket. So it's both. The system allows for Davis to get to his spots and Davis' ability to knock down mid range shots results in a made shot. Again it wasn't a comment to discredit Davis' importance to the team or his own talent.
    Yes, which is why I challenged your statement that AD's efficiency was due to assists, put backs, and free throws. There have been plenty of guys assisted just as much as AD and were nowhere near as efficient as him. To say it's all due to other people but not credit AD for being able to make the shot (more efficiently than nearly anyone ever) is completely disingenuous and was the reason I commented.

Now, let's talk about AD's assisted %. For his career it's 71%. KAT - 67%.

I went through and looked at nearly all the great PF/C. Garnet, Shaq, Robinson, etc. looked at over 20 guys total. All but *4* had a career assisted % of 65 or high.

PF/C by nature have a high assisted %. The fact AD is able convert those passes, rebounds, etc into scores at such a high rate is credit more to him. Very few ever have done it as well as his 14-15 season.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-13-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes, which is why I challenged your statement that AD's efficiency was due to assists, put backs, and free throws. There have been plenty of guys assisted just as much as AD and were nowhere near as efficient as him. To say it's all due to other people but not credit AD for being able to make the shot (more efficiently than nearly anyone ever) is completely disingenuous and was the reason I commented.

Now, let's talk about AD's assisted %. For his career it's 71%. KAT - 67%.

I went through and looked at nearly all the great PF/C. Garnet, Shaq, Robinson, etc. looked at over 20 guys total. All but *4* had a career assisted % of 65 or high.

PF/C by nature have a high assisted %. The fact AD is able convert those passes, rebounds, etc into scores at such a high rate is credit more to him. Very few ever have done it as well as his 14-15 season.
    The argument that he has a high % assisted to him is so dumb. If anything that is a plus he brings considering who he had cresting for him. It's not like he had CP3 or even Jrue doing this is was Reke. Who really didn't get the ball to people to often unless the shot had to go up pretty quickly. He's basically acting like the guys assisting scored the bucket for him as well. If it is so easy to just get assisted to then why isn't Drummond averaging 30 ppg with his size and athleticism. Should just be a piece of cake. Funny how nobody else in the NBA can get assisted to the way AD does. We must be under estimating Reke who in this argument should be considered the best creator in the NBA.

I know it's off topic, but I'm watching men's indoor Olympic volleyball. Could you imagine AD, Durant, LeBron, and other NBA players playing volleyball!! That would be sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I know it's off topic, but I'm watching men's indoor Olympic volleyball. Could you imagine AD, Durant, LeBron, and other NBA players playing volleyball!! That would be sick!!
    Imagine Kurek playing basketball

Simple case of semantics. Shot selection v. efficiency on the basis of said selection are two different arguments. Throne was noting the former, not the latter.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 08-13-2016 at 02:56 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

So did Brandon Jennings. By that logic I could make 25 wide open layups and be considered a offensive power house.
    Bingo!!!!!
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Poor DA throne. You know every time you critique a.d. in any form, the torches will follow.
    Stop.

Everyone on this board recognizes that there are flaws in AD's game, but at some point most reasonable people are going to critique the arguments of our very own resident Skip Baylesses of Pels Report

With a bigger role and smarter players next to him, how many assists can AD average next season?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    With a bigger role and smarter players next to him, how many assists can AD average next season?
    He averaged 3+ ASTs in March-April 2015 so I'll say about 3 and I'd expect that number to creep up as AD works even more on creating for others and seeing passing lanes, etc

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I always think about a lot of our great athletes playing soccer. I mean could people imaging AD playing goalie? Wouldn't have had to put on weight and could have just stayed skinny with super quick reactions. I don't see how anybody would score on him. Our rotations of goalies would be insane. Guys like Reggie Bush and some others out there as our Ronaldo as well. If our best athletes played soccer like most other countries athletes do then we would be unstoppable.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-13-2016 at 05:33 PM.

**Staying off topic, I was only wondering if Randy Moss could compete with Bolt in the 100/200. We don't have any tall sprinters atm. If Gatlin doesn't do it this Olympics, I really think his head will explode from the roids.

Thread Information