Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who has a better Career? AD vs KAT?

I like both players but if I'm being honest about it, KAT has the bigger upside. He's polished on the offensive end and is a good defensive player. I always get blasted for this but AD is an awesome garbage point player. He's at his best when he's cleaning up other guys messes and getting out on the break. He's also a beast off of the glass. When it comes down to I need a bucket at crucial times, I go with KAT be his skill set is better suited for that. Both guys will have phenomenal careers. You can't lose with either guy.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I like both players but if I'm being honest about it, KAT has the bigger upside. He's polished on the offensive end and is a good defensive player. I always get blasted for this but AD is an awesome garbage point player. He's at his best when he's cleaning up other guys messes and getting out on the break. He's also a beast off of the glass. When it comes down to I need a bucket at crucial times, I go with KAT be his skill set is better suited for that. Both guys will have phenomenal careers. You can't lose with either guy.
    I agree it's why I didn't think Davis would be special leaving UK because he didn't show me the ability to score off of his skill set. Although I was wrong he's shown special abilities but like you it's more in the ultimate garbage role mix with some offensives firepower, but he's not a guy you just hand the ball to and expect to dominate offensively game in game out. The majority of his scoring is as a roll man, spot up shooter, and off of put backs. KAT has shown already the ability to be a player you can give the ball to at his spots and he can consistently get buckets at an efficient rate.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I agree it's why I didn't think Davis would be special leaving UK because he didn't show me the ability to score off of his skill set. Although I was wrong he's shown special abilities but like you it's more in the ultimate garbage role mix with some offensives firepower, but he's not a guy you just hand the ball to and expect to dominate offensively game in game out. The majority of his scoring is as a roll man, spot up shooter, and off of put backs. KAT has shown already the ability to be a player you can give the ball to at his spots and he can consistently get buckets at an efficient rate.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Rubio a defensive liability? To when I watched Rubio he's one of the better perimeter defender on top of getting a lot of steals. Not sure what the advance metrics say, but for me Rubio is a top ten defender at his position. His biggest issue unfortunately is where the league is moving and that's his lack of ability to space the floor.
    There is varying opinion, but most advanced metrics say Minnesota is better defensively when he's out there, so I'll ignore my eyes and concede that. The fact remains that they tried to unload him last year and probably will again. Especially if Dunn tears it up.

As for AD being a super garbage man on O? Furthest thing from the truth now. He's still developing on that end, but he does have a repertoire of face up moves and a good J now. It's the back to the basket game we're waiting on.

I do believe AD has been the best on the team with shots in the clutch (late 4th) and these were not put backs or assisted. So maybe yall need to heavily concede on that point.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-09-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Man it's funny what 1 down season for AD does. Has people popping out the wood work like he's not this and not that lol. This wasn't even a down season either for an all NBA player just for ADs standards it was.

I've been saying that AD is the ultimate garbage player forever. His offensive skillset is hustle. Forcing him to shoot 3's is taking him out of his comfort zone IMO. That might explain his down year. Also, health with AD is a big issue. KAT, albeit just one season, has the advantage in that area also. Both guys are can't lose options but I think that KAT has the bigger upside.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is varying opinion, but most advanced metrics say Minnesota is better defensively when he's out there, so I'll ignore my eyes and concede that. The fact remains that they tried to unload him last year and probably will again. Especially if Dunn tears it up.

As for AD being a super garbage man on O? Furthest thing from the truth now. He's still developing on that end, but he does have a repertoire of face up moves and a good J now. It's the back to the basket game we're waiting on.

I do believe AD has been the best on the team with shots in the clutch (late 4th) and these were not put backs or assisted. So maybe yall need to heavily concede on that point.
    Yeah his offensive skill set is there with the face up game. He can one dribble pull up, fade on the shot, quick first step, and cover enough ground to get close enough to the basket to finish. However his post game is lacking and he doesn't have a ton of follow up move once he doesn't gain an advantage in his original face up move. He's better assisted and has consistently been one of the highest assisted FG% player for the mins he logs. Which isn't an insult to him in fact if I was a superstar Davis would be the type of player I wanted to play with. He impacts the game without dominating the ball those kind of star players are rare.

Being clutch is not the same as being an offensive power house.

Yeah his offensive skill set is there with the face up game. He can one dribble pull up, fade on the shot, quick first step, and cover enough ground to get close enough to the basket to finish. However his post game is lacking and he doesn't have a ton of follow up move once he doesn't gain an advantage in his original face up move. He's better assisted and has consistently been one of the highest assisted FG% player for the mins he logs. Which isn't an insult to him in fact if I was a superstar Davis would be the type of player I wanted to play with. He impacts the game without dominating the ball those kind of star players are rare.
    All good points, sir.

I love DaThrone. We need more posters like him. But Heel DaThrone>>> I eat crow now DaThrone

Where them Drummond updated stats at homie.?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Being clutch is not the same as being an offensive power house.
    Where did i say he was an offensive powerhouse? I was addressing the idea that you can't go to him in the clutch. That has proven false for a while now.

Where did i say he was an offensive powerhouse? I was addressing the idea that you can't go to him in the clutch. That has proven false for a while now.
    Ok I never said you can't go to him in the clutch.

I think AD is an offensive powerhouse. He just hasn't been able to show it because his whole career he been playing with ball dominant players who are more concerned with getting theirs first. They used AD as a decoy rather than a first option. It's gotta be frustrating that when you get on a hot streak, your team sees it as an opportunity for them to get buckets instead of continuing to get you the ball. AD would hit 3 shots in the row and not touch the ball again for another 6-7 minutes of game time.
    The way the team is constructed now I would bet we see a different AD next season, a dominant AD

You don't score 25+ points a game because you aren't a powerhouse offensively being just a garbage player. This is so ridiculous lol. If this was the case every athlete in the NBA with size like AD would be putting up 20+ ppg. Sorry but it isn't that easy. Guys like Jordan and Dummond are garbage players if you want to call it that. They score dunking the ball coming from alleys and offensive rebounds. Guy puts up one of the best seasons in NBA history offensively without any great creators playing with him and he's a garbage player? Lol ok!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-10-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You don't score 25+ points a game because you aren't a powerhouse offensively being just a garbage player. This is so ridiculous lol. If this was the case every athlete in the NBA with size like AD would be putting up 20+ ppg. Sorry but it isn't that easy. Guys like Jordan and Dummond are garbage players if you want to call it that. They score dunking the ball coming from alleys and offensive rebounds. Guy puts up one of the best seasons in NBA history offensively without any great creators playing with him and he's a garbage player? Lol ok!!
    Drummond percentage of assisted baskets is consistently lower than Davis.

I think AD is ideally your 3rd option on offense and can still be the best player on the team.

Whenever I watch games I'm always impressed by ADs stats because they happen so quietly. Jrue is the same way to me. They can put up good numbers without taking over the game or scoring three possessions in a row like many, more illustrious scorers do. Usually when I check the stats I don't expect AD or Jrue to have put up the points they did. And that's great. David West wasn't the best offensive player when he was a Hornet but he consistently led the team in points. AD can lead the team in points without being a go-to scorer. Honestly I don't think AD is far off from it, which is crazy because I didn't see that in him for a while and I thought if he became a number one option it would be due to his passing and ball handling. Instead he isn't good off the dribble or posting up but got a real good jumper. I think in today's league you have to beat guys off the dribble and have a guy that can consistently either score or create scoring opportunities for a player like AD. If you use AD like we've used Jason Smith, David West, and Ryan Anderson in the past, as the "oh no, there are three seconds on the clock because Brian Roberts walked down the court and then dribbled for 10 seconds and now we need a shot and there's no ball movement, let's just pass to someone to take a shot" kind of release valve, I think you can live with that. I think Buddy and Jrue are also decent options in that scenario.

To me, we have two (Buddy could make three) good finishers but I don't think we have a positive creative offensive force and that, to me, should be, and should have been the goal of this team with AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Consistently being in position to capitalize off a teammate's pass is an offensive skill, bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Consistently being in position to capitalize off a teammate's pass is an offensive skill, bro
    Who said it wasn't? Not all skills have the same impact.

Because Drummond can't score even when being created for. He doesn't have that in his offensive game being very limited in what he can do unless it's a dunk. You're acting like all of the assits to AD are someone basically scoring the basket for him. Sorry but it's not that easy. Drummomd scores almost all of his baskets off of put backs and busted plays. If your gonna call someone a garbage player it's your boy Drummond who is the ultimate garbage player. Like I said you don't score 25+ ppg and have one of the most historic offensive seasons ever because you aren't a powerhouse offensively. This is you trying to throw shade on AD with your ridiculous predictions a few years ago. No your not going completely in on him because it would look ridiculous but your salvaging whatever you can right now trying to say AD is some garbage scorer lol. No matter what he does it's always gonna be but he doesn't shoot like Curry from 3 or create for others like Lebron! But wait Drummond % of assisted baskets is less! Obviously that stat means absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-11-2016 at 04:05 PM.

A garbage player who scored 59 points.. Lol give me a break!

Who said it wasn't? Not all skills have the same impact.
    Points are points and AD is one of the most scorers efficient in the game which makes him an offensive powerhouse

I'd call it about even and the rest of the league would kill for either one -- this early I'll call it a wash and see which guy can stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    A garbage player who scored 59 points.. Lol give me a break!
    Jodie Meeks also scored 50 in a game. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by 999browdown View Post
    I'd call it about even and the rest of the league would kill for either one -- this early I'll call it a wash and see which guy can stay healthy
    I basically said the same thing. I'd give the nod to KAT because of his offensive diversity

When people say AD is not offensively diverse do they mean he can't take a guy off a dribble yet? Because that's literally the only thing he hasn't consistently shown yet.

I can't think of another area offensively that AD hasn't excelled at. Maybe back to the basket stuff. But I blame both of those issues on his growth spurt and expect him to continue to improve in them.

What we have seen from AD and it's still a ? for KAT is if he can continue to add to his game at the rate of AD. Every summer Davis has put a new wrinkle into his game.

Thread Information