Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diallo gets a 3 yr deal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Very true. I didn't think of it this way. I don't see him being dominant by year 3 but likely to just start showing us he is worth another contract. After year 4 it's possible other teams start gaining serious interest with his skill set being on full display instead of still somewhat a secret to us. Very possible he breaks out before then but I doubt it. This year he will probably play spot minutes while next year he starts filling out his body with slightly increased minutes. Year 3 is when he hopefully gets a role on the bench and showing us he is continuing to develop with a promising future. This deal could save us a ton of $ by not being 4 years. We are talking about getting him cheaper for 1 year which is a difference but if he is showing he is actually worth getting paid who cares about having to sign him a year earlier. We could save $5-$10 million by having that 4th year. Signing him after year 3 could save us $25+ million.
    I'm not following how you got to a 25 million dollar saving?

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    I'm not following how you got to a 25 million dollar saving?
    Say after year 3 we offer him a contract around $10 per year. If we had to wait until after year 4 it's possible that goes up to $15-$20 million per year because of his play. Similiar to how we benefited with him leaving college after 1 year instead of 2. We only had to give up a 2nd rounder for him but had he played another years it's likely he's a 1st rounder.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-21-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Say after year 3 we offer him a contract around $10 per year. If we had to wait until after year 4 it's possible that goes up to $15-$20 million per year because of his play. Similiar to how we benefited with him leaving college after 1 year instead of 2. We only had to give up a 2nd rounder for him but had he played another years it's likely he's a 1st rounder.
    Oh you mean 25 million over the length of the next contract

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Most of the other 2nd rounders I have seen have taken a 4 year deal.
    I have't looked up every 2nd rounder
    So most is 2?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    So most is 2?
    Actually only Ulis as it appears Zubac got a 3 year deal. Did others get a 4 year deal?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Actually only Ulis as it appears Zubac got a 3 year deal. Did others get a 4 year deal?
    Ulis was the only one I heard and it stood out to me, as 4 years for a second rounder is VERY unusual

Ullis was always a decent player though, same issues arose as they usually do about smaller guards(and his weight, 149 pounds!), plus he had some injury concerns.

Dude can play though, potential Isaiah Thomas (the new one) type impact on the team. Jumping the gun a bit, it's just summer league. Still, if he works out for the suns, they got him really cheap, super cheap if you think about the new cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

So I just went through every draft pick in the 2nd round.

Only 2 deals had 4 years on them. Ulis and Paul Zipser (22 yr old that's been playing Euro ball).

Every other deal already agreed on was 3 or less with the large majority being 3 years and probably about 5 or so that were 2 years.

All-Star
    Cheick is a very raw player and will need time to develop and reach his ceiling. In his 4th year he might be better than in his 3rd year.
    Starting from there, I would prefer re-sign him after his 3rd year for 75% of what he could have if we re-sign him after a breakout 4th year

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So I just went through every draft pick in the 2nd round.

Only 2 deals had 4 years on them. Ulis and Paul Zipser (22 yr old that's been playing Euro ball).

Every other deal already agreed on was 3 or less with the large majority being 3 years and probably about 5 or so that were 2 years.
    This is dedication. So no, most 2nd rounders aren't getting 4 years. Thanks for looking this up.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...leans-pelicans

Does anyone have another website that shows salaries?
    I don't think this one is accurate just yet.

Galways contract shows 2 years guaranteed.
    Diallo has a 4 year contract (hence where I said MOST 2nd rounders got 4 year deals that I saw was from this site.

Thanks

Also Hills contract seems too high (shows with insentives)

This one is used a lot-

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...ns/yearly/cap/

Sometimes it takes a while to update contracts but tends to be more accurate once updated.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    This one is used a lot-

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...ns/yearly/cap/

Sometimes it takes a while to update contracts but tends to be more accurate once updated.
    Thanks

Diallo gets a 3 yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...leans-pelicans

Does anyone have another website that shows salaries?
    I don't think this one is accurate just yet.

Galways contract shows 2 years guaranteed.
    Diallo has a 4 year contract (hence where I said MOST 2nd rounders got 4 year deals that I saw was from this site.

Thanks

Also Hills contract seems too high (shows with insentives)
    I don't know how accurate that website is overall but they have the Pels info decently right.

To be clear, the Diallo info doesn't show 4 years. It shows 3 years then the 4th is a Qualifying Offer which would make him a RFA.

Hills contract is 4/48. The listed contract is spot on with that. The news just broke not long ago that Hills contract isn't increasing. It's a flat deal, which is better for us in the long run since it takes up less cap later.

The biggest issue I see is they have the Galloway contract all wrong.

With how fluid things are, I wouldn't look at any of those sites right now. Follow Mason on Twitter and he posts updated salary caps for us ASAP.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-21-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't know how accurate that website is overall but they have the Pels info decently right.

To be clear, the Diallo info doesn't show 4 years. It shows 3 years then the 4th is a Qualifying Offer which would make him a RFA.

Hills contract is 4/48. The listed contract is spot on with that. The news just broke not long ago that Hills contract isn't increasing. It's a flat deal, which is better for us in the long run since it takes up less cap later.

The biggest issue I see is they have the Galloway contract all wrong.

With how fluid things are, I wouldn't look at any of those sites right now. Follow Mason on Twitter and he posts updated salary caps for us ASAP.

Use basketballinsiders for salary cap purposes.
    There are two guys - Kyler and Pincus.

And Bobby Marks from yahoo.t
    For example for Hill it is in the first year little north of 12. But cap hit is 11.2.

But still there all of our deals are no official. So there is a room to speculate.

Hill has 4/48 with additional 3,9 in unlikely incentives.

Thread Information