Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks F/C Monroe available via trade

NBA Bucks F/C Monroe available via trade

can't see him coming here

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Bucks seem convinced to trade Monroe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Just get him. Analytics schmanalytics. He's so much of a better option than Asik.

Would they take Reke and Ajinca for Monroe? I would be ok with that trade. I don't think Reke has much value, but it allows them flexibility next year and get Ajinca in return. I don't think they would take Asik for Monroe straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Lol why did they even get him in the first place if they want to trade him 1 season later

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Lol why did they even get him in the first place if they want to trade him 1 season later
    Because they didn't think he'd be terrible?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Because they didn't think he'd be terrible?
    Monroe's weaknesses were well documented at Detroit before he moved to Milwaukee.

Seems to me like someone didn't do their due diligence.

What about Shayne Whittington, who may be on the outs in Indiana. I realize he has little on a resume, but he is 25 and has room to grow in the system. May not be a match for Pelican system.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Want nothing to do with him.

Please no. Let's not negate all the work we did this offseason.
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

I would like to trade for Monroe if it only cost (some combination of) Tyreke, Asik, AA, and Cunningham. He may not fit, if he doesn't he's a free agent next year. Who knows, Monroe & AD might work well together.

He has been available since last trade deadline. Tough to move the $17 million deal with a PO in year 2.

If they would take Tyreke and Ajinca for Monroe, I'd like that move for us. We'd have Monroe and Asik, so we could switch depending on the matchup and need for offense or defense. He's only got one year left guaranteed, with the second year being a PO(that he'll most likely exercise). At most you have him for two years, if it doesn't work. With our perimeter defense improving and AD helping, I don't think his defense would kill us. He's still a double double machine, great low post scorer and rebounder.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    If they would take Tyreke and Ajinca for Monroe, I'd like that move for us. We'd have Monroe and Asik, so we could switch depending on the matchup and need for offense or defense. He's only got one year left guaranteed, with the second year being a PO(that he'll most likely exercise). At most you have him for two years, if it doesn't work. With our perimeter defense improving and AD helping, I don't think his defense would kill us. He's still a double double machine, great low post scorer and rebounder.
    I mentioned the Asik/Monroe switching in another thread. I think it could work also.

I think on the latest podcast about Tyreke, Brett mentioned that the main issue for Milwaukee is they don't want to give Monroe up for nothing. If they traded him for Tyreke and he didn't play at all that'd be giving him up for nothing.

The other issue is probably on our end of finding a place for Asik.

it would have to be for asik and tyreke. I wouldn't want to give up anjica on his great contract.
    I'm a grinder

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think on the latest podcast about Tyreke, Brett mentioned that the main issue for Milwaukee is they don't want to give Monroe up for nothing. If they traded him for Tyreke and he didn't play at all that'd be giving him up for nothing.

The other issue is probably on our end of finding a place for Asik.
    And we don't want to give up something we want to get rid of something we don't. Like picks, Diallo, or Jrue. We already should know that AD and Hield are pretty much off the table.

With all our guards and lack of big men id glady trade them ajinca and tyreke for Monroe. Say what u want but i think davis and Monroe would be great together. On defense put Monroe on the big who is a lesser threat on offense and monroe would help out offense tremendously.

Seriously, how many centers are good enough offensively to cause a problem for Monroe? Help defense would likely be more of a problem but AD could help negate that issue. A highly skilled rim protector would probably be the best option but since they aren't falling off trees these days a highly skilled offensive player might be a better option.

All of this is pointless if the FO feels that Asik is healthy.

Monroe is a much better player than Asik and definitely a better fit in Gentrys system. Monroe is the better scorer, passer, FT shooter, and gets up/down the court better. Asik is the better screen setter and defender but not by some crazy margin. They are both about equal in rebounding while one important thing Monroe has is he stays on the court. Monroe also adds to our versatility with him being able to play the 4 and 5. Helps when we can play him alongside Ajinca at times while we have seen Ajinca/Asik is terrible together. I think the positives far outweigh the negative between the two. Another big plus is Monroe will be off the books a year early and possibly 2 if he declines his PO.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Who else is even remotely attainable for the poo-poo platter of Evans/Ajinca and possibly Cunningham?

It's not about finding the perfect player or fit, it's just about changing spare parts out for someone who might be an upgrade over any of those spare parts. It's like taking the change collected around the house and buying 1 scratch off lottery ticket.

Having another option on offense we can reliably go to for buckets will help Jrue, Hield, AD, and Hill out. And over the last three years the difference in defensive rating and defensive win share between Asik and Monroe is minimal. So if Monroe is terrible defensively, so is Asik. Which means we'll be scheming around our center on defense regardless of whether we make a move for Monroe to drastically improve our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Who else is even remotely attainable for the poo-poo platter of Evans/Ajinca and possibly Cunningham?

It's not about finding the perfect player or fit, it's just about changing spare parts out for someone who might be an upgrade over any of those spare parts. It's like taking the change collected around the house and buying 1 scratch off lottery ticket.

Having another option on offense we can reliably go to for buckets will help Jrue, Hield, AD, and Hill out. And over the last three years the difference in defensive rating and defensive win share between Asik and Monroe is minimal. So if Monroe is terrible defensively, so is Asik. Which means we'll be scheming around our center on defense regardless of whether we make a move for Monroe to drastically improve our offense.
    Also, consider that the other big can't help on AD because he has to worry about Monroe. Asik is not a threat unless he is dunking the ball. Asik been here for a couple years. He is better on defense, but his offense is so lacking that it's almost a wash.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Also, consider that the other big can't help on AD because he has to worry about Monroe. Asik is not a threat unless he is dunking the ball. Asik been here for a couple years. He is better on defense, but his offense is so lacking that it's almost a wash.

According to defensive win share and defensive rating over the last 3 years, it's hard to say that Asik is better defensively than Monroe. The difference between the two is really negligible on defense -at least over the last 3 years.

Bucks F/C Monroe available via trade

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    According to defensive win share and defensive rating over the last 3 years, it's hard to say that Asik is better defensively than Monroe. The difference between the two is really negligible on defense -at least over the last 3 years.
    I agree...if Milwaukee gets desperate...I would offer Reke, Ajinca, and 2nd rounder or Reke, Asik, and 2nd rounder. They might get desperate and take one of they can't find anyone else to trade with. This seems likely since Monroe has been on the market for a LONG TIME! I am not excited about getting Monroe as much as getting rid of Reke and Asik or Ajinca. I don't think Reke is a bad player. I just wish he would come off the bench and play 20 minutes a game on minute restriction bc of his knee. We have heard that he doesn't want to come off the bench. Also, we never know, Monroe might do well in an offensive oriented system rather than a defensive system like Milwaukee.

Last edited by msw2024; 07-19-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd happily give up any combination of Asik/Reke/Ajinca and throw in two second rounders.

Thread Information