Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks F/C Monroe available via trade

5 pages of thoughts on Monroe and not one post saying the Pelicans have any interest at all.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    5 pages of thoughts on Monroe and not one post saying the Pelicans have any interest at all.
    There have been lots of rumors lately as us to be a likely destination. Reasons for this are because we have previously had interest in him while he has stated he would like to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Word, I hate threads like this lol. I always come to this site expecting something interesting to happen in trade threads and its only a bunch of "what ifs" lol.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Why would anybody come to a potential trade thread for anything other then what ifs? There is a reason Monroe is being talked about by many more people then just us. This thread was specifically about Monroe and wasn't something else that got taken over by Monroe talk. Don't understand how this could bother anybody on a fan forum during one of the biggest dead periods in basketball lol.

Go listen to the Locked on Pelicans Podcast. Brett talks about how the Pelicans discussed multiple trades with different teams.

He didn't want to go into to details about most of them but he says definitively that the Pelicans discussed a deal that the core pieces was Tyreke for Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Why would anybody come to a potential trade thread for anything other then what ifs? There is a reason Monroe is being talked about by many more people then just us. This thread was specifically about Monroe and wasn't something else that got taken over by Monroe talk. Don't understand how this could bother anybody on a fan forum during one of the biggest dead periods in basketball lol.
    Lol because this thread has like 5 pages of no serious leads. It's just all talk at this point. How much more do we have to stress about "wishing to have " this guy? I was hoping to see a new tweet or something about Pelicans aggressively approaching or something. But it's just guys on here just talking in circles.

But then I'll make a thread or fun thread that's clearly a summer type thread where we can talk in circles and it will be moved to the dump or no one would hardly post in it lol.

I hate it......but it does entertain me while I'm pooping.

What I REALLY hate is, and this is in almost every thread, someone makes a hyperbole. Then someone contradicts them on said hyperbole but in such an outrageous way it is its own hyperbole. Like a counterperbole. Or an inception hyperbole. Then THAT goes back and forth for a few pages.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Lol because this thread has like 5 pages of no serious leads. It's just all talk at this point. How much more do we have to stress about "wishing to have " this guy? I was hoping to see a new tweet or something about Pelicans aggressively approaching or something. But it's just guys on here just talking in circles.

But then I'll make a thread or fun thread that's clearly a summer type thread where we can talk in circles and it will be moved to the dump or no one would hardly post in it lol.
    I don't know how to be more clear than my last post.

This is completely inaccurate.

The Pelicans HAVE discussed a trade involving Tyreke for Monroe.

Go listen to the Locked on Pelicans Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't know how to be more clear than my last post.

This is completely inaccurate.

The Pelicans HAVE discussed a trade involving Tyreke for Monroe.

Go listen to the Locked on Pelicans Podcast.
    Awesome was this recently? I know there have been discussions of us being interested in the past. Just wondering if this has also popped up recently.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Awesome was this recently? I know there have been discussions of us being interested in the past. Just wondering if this has also popped up recently.
    Yes. It was during the free agency period.

I think the fact that Tyreke has a trade kicker in his contract complicates things more also:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/cap/

http://basketball.about.com/od/colle...ade-Kicker.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think the fact that Tyreke has a trade kicker in his contract complicates things more also:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/cap/

http://basketball.about.com/od/colle...ade-Kicker.htm
    That spotrac link doesn't say that Reke has a kicker in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That spotrac link doesn't say that Reke has a kicker in his contract.
    Hover over the $ sign near his name.

OR

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea.../tyreke-evans/

Why the ******** did we give Tyreke a trade kicker?

The Franchise
    Can't be any worse than Asik. He was on the books for 8 million or something but actual money was 15 million. I'd guess Tyreke would be close to the same but 11.2 vs 10.2.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Hover over the $ sign near his name.

OR

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea.../tyreke-evans/
    Ahh thanks

Contract Notes:

Trade Kicker: lesser of 15% or $1 million — $1 million until midway through the 2016-2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Why the ******** did we give Tyreke a trade kicker?
    Tyreke is a good player. His issues here are the system we run now and 3 surgeries on the same knee in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Tyreke is a good player. His issues here are the system we run now and 3 surgeries on the same knee in a year.
    Yeah he's a good player, I just thought only proven Allstars got trade kickers in their contracts. I don't even think Davis has a trade kicker in his deal.

We might as well ride it out with Tyrese at this point. I'm happy with the team as is. Maybe another center but besides that I'm content.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    We might as well ride it out with Tyrese at this point. I'm happy with the team as is. Maybe another center but besides that I'm content.
    Terese can stay I am fine with him but Tyreke needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Damn you auto correct!!!

I love Tyreke man. He makes dumb decisions a lot but overall he's a solid player when he's healthy. I think we should keep him and let him go in FA cause trading him for less than he's worth is desperate and we will be the laughingstock of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    I love Tyreke man. He makes dumb decisions a lot but overall he's a solid player when he's healthy. I think we should keep him and let him go in FA cause trading him for less than he's worth is desperate and we will be the laughingstock of the NBA.
    Lol I highly doubt anybody would crack a smile if we moved Reke for a bag of chips. Sure he is a good player when healthy who also does not fit this scheme. The key to all of this is he is not healthy and rumors are he could miss more then half the season. I don't see how moving a player who has an expiring contract to let the guys who actually are part of our future that we brought in along with Hield get more PT is anything out of the norm. Trades like this happen multiple times a year and nobody thinks twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    But he's not worth much right now, so...?

If he's not going to be a part of our future, I want to get anything of value that we can. I doubt we can get anything of value, so we'll probably end up just letting him expire.

Thread Information