Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Terrance Jones A PELICAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    My hope is they use the presser to announce the medical staff changes we've made.

I doubt we're just waiting to make one last trade. Unless it's a big one that moves Tyreke and Asik...which sounds almost impossible at this stage.
    I wonder if Diallo is the hanging point. I would expect we would want to secure him with the 3 year deal. I saw where some players are balking at the 3rd year because they want to be a FA sooner. Not sure how a 2nd rounder would not want the 3rd year, but considering that the 3rd year is likely not guaranteed, maybe that is the issue.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I wonder if Diallo is the hanging point. I would expect we would want to secure him with the 3 year deal. I saw where some players are balking at the 3rd year because they want to be a FA sooner. Not sure how a 2nd rounder would not want the 3rd year, but considering that the 3rd year is likely not guaranteed, maybe that is the issue.
    Then we should guarantee the 3rd year and move on.

I can't see a 2nd round player demanding much. Especially not a guy like Diallo. The 3rd year is key so we have is full birds rights. I doubt the hold up is buddy or Diallo. Especially when we already know the Babbitt physical was the problem earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't see a 2nd round player demanding much. Especially not a guy like Diallo. The 3rd year is key so we have is full birds rights. I doubt the hold up is buddy or Diallo. Especially when we already know the Babbitt physical was the problem earlier.
    I just cannot see what is holding it up, unless we are exploring other deals and want to maintain flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Reke for Monroe somehow
    Yea I think this is a very good possibility. The Bucks don't seem to have to much leverage so if nobody is offering much we can get a deal done. If they really want to just move Monroe then they can take on Reke who is expiring in a year giving them some cap space. I think Reke could help them if he comes back and give them a solid player off the bench to run the point. We can always try to move Asik for an expiring if we want to have $ in FA next year. I'll take Monroe/Ajinca over Asik/Ajinca anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I just cannot see what is holding it up, unless we are exploring other deals and want to maintain flexibility.
    I think combined with Babbitt's trade that is exactly why we haven't officially signed either draft pick.

Has Jones been confirmed? I don't think i ever saw anything other than they were trying to make it work. Now i am watching everyone sign including Gee and i don't see how Jones fits in under that cap??

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Has Jones been confirmed? I don't think i ever saw anything other than they were trying to make it work. Now i am watching everyone sign including Gee and i don't see how Jones fits in under that cap??
    Will be interesting to see final values of contracts to see how everyone fits. There is a chance that Gee and Jones are under the RLE and Frazier was signed with space. If so, then someone else (Hill, Galloway or Moore) took slightly less in 1st year than originally reported.

Is there still this holdup now that Diallo has his deal? or are we good to go?
    I'm a grinder

Signings went official today. But not Jones and Gee. Probably still wiggling the cap space. Not a concern.

Gotcha

Terrence Jones said he chose to sign with the Pelicans in order to earn a larger role.
    "I wanted an opportunity to play for a team that is young and defining itself, but could still compete right away," Jones said." I wanted a larger role, where I could really compete and help a team win." Jones disappeared in Houston last season, but now he has a fresh start alongside former Kentucky teammate Anthony Davis. "We won a lot of games together and I know what he’s capable of," Jones said of Davis. "We both work well together and we’ve already got a great chemistry and friendship." Jones is only 24 years old and should be able to have a bounce-back campaign if he can stay healthy.

Source: Basketball Insiders & Rotoworld.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...=roto:nba:gnav

I can't wait to see him in a Pels uniform. I think he's going to be a great fit. We needed an athletic big man who can shoot. Jones and AD are two perfect small ball bigs. I wish we had him on a longer deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Terrence Jones said he chose to sign with the Pelicans in order to earn a larger role.
    "I wanted an opportunity to play for a team that is young and defining itself, but could still compete right away," Jones said." I wanted a larger role, where I could really compete and help a team win." Jones disappeared in Houston last season, but now he has a fresh start alongside former Kentucky teammate Anthony Davis. "We won a lot of games together and I know what he’s capable of," Jones said of Davis. "We both work well together and we’ve already got a great chemistry and friendship." Jones is only 24 years old and should be able to have a bounce-back campaign if he can stay healthy.

Source: Basketball Insiders & Rotoworld.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...=roto:nba:gnav
    It's good to know that free agents view us as a team that can compete and win.

Oh wait, does he just mean that personally?

Thread Information