Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrance Jones A PELICAN!

Terrance Jones A PELICAN!

Update to the Update: Brett Dawson has confirmed Jones has agreed to join the Pelicans:

Was podcasting with @ScottDKushner, but can confirm Terrence Jones has agreed to come to NOLA. Still working out the numbers.

https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/st...27164697018368

Update: Shams deleted the tweet saying the deal was already done. Here is the updated tweet:

Free agent forward Terrence Jones is nearing agreement on a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell The Vertical.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...58151211491332

-----------------
    Old:

Free agent forward Terrence Jones has agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell The Vertical.

HOLY ********.

How?

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...57445272334336
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-14-2016 at 07:09 PM.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shams dropping the megaton bomb on us after midnight. Crazy.

Okay I love this signing. And I guess that explains a lot the mention about AD helping recruiting from Dell last night.

Like the length of the one year deal; of course I would prefer a 1+1 with a team option on the second year, but this is the next best scenario in terms of minimizing long-term risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Okay I love this signing. And I guess that explains a lot the mention about AD helping recruiting from Dell last night.
    Wait. What? Dell said last night that AD was helping recruit?

Well I guess Reke is staying, good luck getting minutes Galloway/Frazier xD

Reunited with AD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g-120311-cvr-ky-4p.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	6174

This is freaking awesome! What an off season we have had. This is the 1 signing I was really hoping for. This kid compliments AD perfectly very well IMO. Couldn't be happier! Our front court is now set. Could see another move made but nobody I see getting any real minutes. We have a very versatile team with guys who can guard multiple positions and play with each other.

Banned
    I'm excited coz you guys are excited.

I need a highlights package stat!

Very smart move for Jones as well. Go somewhere you know you will get minutes next to AD you are familiar with and know will get you tons of open looks. Also a system that fits his skill set very well. Then hit FA next year with your stock hopefully in his case rising. He likely had no choice but to bet on himself and if I was in his situation I would as well.

Terrance Jones A PELICAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post

It's mainly because even when he had a horribly down year last year, he'd still have been by a pretty wide margin the best backup PF on the team. We needed front court depth and this is great for that.

I still have no idea how we got him. He must have had offers higher than the league minimum.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKBZ9c0_48
    Highlight mix

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cfhzH2geZM
    2015 season highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbGsBJfA4Q
    36 points 11 rebounds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=twPGb85XOx8
    30 points 4 blocks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBmoCSY0gA
    26 points
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-14-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Banned
    Uhh, is the Twitter link broken for anyone else?

Uhh, is the Twitter link broken for anyone else?
    He deleted the tweet that said Jones has already agreed to sign and kept his tweet saying Jones is nearing an agreement

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    He deleted the tweet that said Jones has already agreed to sign and kept his tweet saying Jones is nearing an agreement

Cheers.

Jones also assaulted a homeless man. I hope that is not indicative of his character.

I love this signing, to bad it is only a 1 year deal..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm waiting to see the $$ involved

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    I love this signing, to bad it is only a 1 year deal..
    T-Jones is looking for a solid, injury free season to get his value up. Last guy who backed up AD took his job, so seems the obvious place to be. I'm optimistic that Diallo is ready next year to fill the slot - then we have to worry about extending him.

Jones can do a lot of what Draymond Green brings to the Warriors. He's a solid passer who can hit the 3 at times. If he can further develop his 3 pointer this kid is going to be a stud and exactly what we need in our finishing lineup next to AD. He played with a great big man in Dwight but they didn't compliment each other the same way Jones/Davis do. Jones has never had a big who can give him the space AD does which is going to be very good for his game. I think he can average 12-16 ppg 7-10 rpg 2-4 apg while being a very good defender.

Banned
    Updated depth chart:

Jrue/Galloway/Frazier
    Reke/Heild/Moore
    Hill/Q-Pon
    AD/Jones/DC
    Asik/Ajinca/Diallo

1 spot left

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Jones can do a lot of what Draymond Green brings to the Warriors. He's a solid passer who can hit the 3 at times. If he can further develop his 3 pointer this kid is going to be a stud and exactly what we need in our finishing lineup next to AD. He played with a great big man in Dwight but they didn't compliment each other the same way Jones/Davis do. Jones has never had a big who can give him the space AD does which is going to be very good for his game. I think he can average 12-16 ppg 7-10 rpg 2-4 apg while being a very good defender.
    Dude. Jones is nowhere near the player Dray is. Jones had a serious injury and hasn't been the same player. Hopefully he can use this year to turn it around.

Has to be a minimum deal or we traded someone into space. No other option is possible that I'm aware of.

Updated depth chart:

Jrue/Galloway/Frazier
    Reke/Heild/Moore
    Hill/Q-Pon
    AD/Jones/DC
    Asik/Ajinca/Diallo

1 spot left
    That is a legit, young, promising, and energetic team that actually has me excited to watch grow. What a difference a few weeks make.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It's likely that we will leave one spot open, or it will be filled with a player on a minimum unguaranteed contract. Most teams like the flexibility.

So we go to war with:

Asik (18) / AD (22) / Ajinca (8)
    AD (14) / Jones (22) / Hill (12)
    Hill (20) / Reke (10) / QPon (18)
    Reke (10) / Buddy (25) / Moore (13)
    Jrue (30) / Reke (10) / Galloway (8)

Something like that?

Thread Information