Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hield is About to Change the Pelicans’ Culture

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Pelicans Hield is About to Change the Pelicans’ Culture

Buddy Hield is constantly compared to Steph Curry. It makes sense when you consider his shooting ability, but that’s about where the comparison stops. Steph Curry works incredibly hard, but he’s also incredibly lucky.

From the moment Steph decided to pick up a basketball, he’s had personal trainers, a private court, and an unlimited amount of resources and attention at his fingertips. His father, former NBA sharp-shooter Dell Curry, put him in the ideal position to succeed.

Buddy had no such luck.
    link

1.2 ppp off screens

Can't wait to watch this kid play. Haven't been this excited to see someone in a Pelicans uniform since AD. He's a perfect fit for our system and for what we need. Love his attitude and work ethic that will rub off on others. Playing with a PG like Holiday along with a big man like AD should help him big time.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Can't wait to watch this kid play. Haven't been this excited to see someone in a Pelicans uniform since AD. He's a perfect fit for our system and for what we need. Love his attitude and work ethic that will rub off on others. Playing with a PG like Holiday along with a big man like AD should help him big time.
    He wasn't my first choice but I can see him doing well. If he can hit the open 3 just that by itself will spread the court a lot for AD and Jrue in their pick and roll sets. I think he could step in day one for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    He wasn't my first choice but I can see him doing well. If he can hit the open 3 just that by itself will spread the court a lot for AD and Jrue in their pick and roll sets. I think he could step in day one for Gordon.
    Only players I had clearly ahead of him was Simmons and Ingram. I liked Dunn but I think he was a little over rated and not the best fit for what we needed unless we could have swapped sure for a stud SG/SF. Brown was another player I would have been happy with but I still had Hield ahead of him. I liked Murray but IMO he will always be limited in ways that Hield won't. I don't think the draft could have worked out better for us atleast giving us the option between Hield and Murray. I really think the kid is going to be a star. He's going to be a 22 ppg scorer in a year or two.

Let's go!!! I'm getting excited!
    I'm a grinder

Yes sir. Dell got this right!

Tied a crate to a pole? Luxury!

How about taking a metal clothes hanger and stretching it round. Sticking it at the top of a closed door, then using a balled up sock for a ball. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yes sir. Dell got this right!
    I second this. I met him yesterday, he will be a star.

Y'all do know AD has this mentality also. We keep hearing so much about this about Hield because his agents wanted to push this during the draft. He is a hard worker but like all athletes say everyone works hard to get to the NBA.Its the great players that still work hard when they finally do make it.

1-6

I just want players who can stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    I second this. I met him yesterday, he will be a star.
    Man you met him? Please share your experience!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

[QUOTE=msusousaphone;1378057]I just want players who can stay healt

Alvin Gentry and son picked him up from the airport in his own vehicle. Buddy and his mom waited in baggage claim, I told him the fans were glad to have him and let's eat, he replied that's all he's here to do. He's taller than i thought he would be, and he has a pretty solid frame, not skinny at all.

[QUOTE=Beaux;1378063]
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I just want players who can stay healt

Alvin Gentry and son picked him up from the airport in his own vehicle. Buddy and his mom waited in baggage claim, I told him the fans were glad to have him and let's eat, he replied that's all he's here to do. He's taller than i thought he would be, and he has a pretty solid frame, not skinny at all.
    Wait a Minute. Benson did not let them use the jet to pick them up from NY? They made him wait at the baggage claim at MSY "Call us when you get off the Delta and we will send Alvin to pick you up?" Bet you he(Benson) don't do that to the Saints 1st round draft pick. Anyway something does not seem right about this story.
    Last edited by Champ; 06-25-2016 at 11:39 PM.

I'm sure it was more of an issue of they wanted him here asap and it might have been difficult and extremely costly to send their jet up there and make it in time to do the press conference. Much easier to buy first class tickets.

As far as Gentry picking them up, that could be coach wanting to handle it himself. Getting Buddy is a BIG deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm sure it was more of an issue of they wanted him here asap and it might have been difficult and extremely costly to send their jet up there and make it in time to do the press conference. Much easier to buy first class tickets.

As far as Gentry picking them up, that could be coach wanting to handle it himself. Getting Buddy is a BIG deal.
    Extremely costly? I don't think the old man is broke. Making him sit an wait at the baggage claim at MSY? Not exactly first class. You ever been to MSY? The last time I was at the baggage claim you needed a gas mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Extremely costly? I don't think the old man is broke. Making him sit an wait at the baggage claim at MSY? Not exactly first class. You ever been to MSY? The last time I was at the baggage claim you needed a gas mask.
    You are reading WAY too much into this. How dare someone have to wait a few minutes as the head coach of an NBA team drives to personally pick him up!!!!!!!!! Argh!

You are reading WAY too much into this. How dare someone have to wait a few minutes as the head coach of an NBA team drives to personally pick him up!!!!!!!!! Argh!
    Man, I'm just giving you the story but they flew Delta I believe. Not that big of deal. Reply to champ

You think Simmons waited at the airport? Anyway at least Buddy got to ride in a Prius(joke). That is pretty cool. Just happy we got him.
    Last edited by Champ; 06-26-2016 at 12:04 AM.

I think people needs to tempers their expectation for him. He will be a rookie next year, there would be a lot of growing pain and learning, he will need to pick-up everything from a pro standpoint. We can't expect him to be a major upgrade over established players like Gordon and Evans. If you look at Curry and Wade's number when they first came in, their win share for their first season never exceed 5 wins, that's what an healthy Evans basically gives you.

So even if he's an NBA superstar, he won't be able to outplay veteran that much for next year. So we all need to be patient and enjoy him throw flames from everywhere on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Y'all do know AD has this mentality also. We keep hearing so much about this about Hield because his agents wanted to push this during the draft. He is a hard worker but like all athletes say everyone works hard to get to the NBA.Its the great players that still work hard when they finally do make it.
    Dude we know you weren't a fan of the pick but you don't need to Inject yourself to plays devil advocate on every subject related to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    I think people needs to tempers their expectation for him. He will be a rookie next year, there would be a lot of growing pain and learning, he will need to pick-up everything from a pro standpoint. We can't expect him to be a major upgrade over established players like Gordon and Evans. If you look at Curry and Wade's number when they first came in, their win share for their first season never exceed 5 wins, that's what an healthy Evans basically gives you.

So even if he's an NBA superstar, he won't be able to outplay veteran that much for next year. So we all need to be patient and enjoy him throw flames from everywhere on the court.
    His case will be a little different cause he is a 4 year senior and already 22 years old. Also, his game translates to the NBA extremely well. His range is unlimited just like Curry too. A lot of his 3s were NBA like and further In College.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Whether it's next year or two years from now, truth is we need him to become a star. If that happens it's not impossible for us to somehow get a championship team with AD. If he doesn't, then I really can't see how we could be.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We got a star. Watch. He's going to blow the league away. He's perfect with AD and Jrue. Now we need a vet SF and an athletic center who can play defense. More defense is what we need to focus on. I like Bazemore. He's a good defender and athletic.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post

Buzzkil.

Thread Information