Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I
    You should get someone to proofread your post. Nerlens Noel DID NOT play at all in 2013.
    He started his first game as a rookie in 2014, correct? Oh, he did. He made the 2014-15 All-Rookie Team? Lord he did.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Since you're moving the goal posts...

Rookies to start opening night in the top 7 (top half of the lottery) in the last four drafts.

2012 NBA Draft (6/7)
    Anthony Davis
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bradley Beal
    Dion Waiters
    Damian Lillard
    Harrison Barnes

2013 NBA Draft (2/7)
    Nerlens Noel
    Ben McLemore

2014 NBA Draft (2/6 - Embiid)
    Andrew Wiggins
    Jabari Parker

2015 NBA Draft (5/7 - Note: Willie Cauley-Stein did not start opening night but did start the next 8 of the next 10 games)
    Karl Anthony-Towns
    D'Angelo Russell
    Jahlil Okafor
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Emmanuel Mudiay

That's 15 of the last 28 players picked in the top seven started opening night. Considering Joel Embiid has yet to play and Cauley-Stein started the second game of the year you could push that reasonably to 16/27. Julius Randle did not start opening night of his rookie year (he was injured during the game) but did start opening night this past season.

Yes, more often than not rookies selected high in the lottery start opening night.
    Wow, talking about moving goal post.
    You first present top 10 in past 2 yrs .
    Since that didn't go so well, you add 2 years to the timeframe & take picks 8-10 off the board.
    Then you don't count guys who were drafted that haven't seen the court yet & then add Noel to opening day starters. Noel's leg was mush his entire rookie year.
    Not so good, David Fischer- Birdwrites guy.

He started his first game as a rookie in 2014, correct? Oh, he did. He made the 2014-15 All-Rookie Team? Lord he did.

Uh, because you do not start until your second year, doesn't make you a redshirt rookie.He was not a rookie in 2014.

Are you seriously considering a guy that was drafted in 2013, was hurt & trained & rehabbed w/ an NBA team all year is a rookie in 2014 ? Nay Nay

Wow, talking about moving goal post.
    You first present top 10 in past 2 yrs .
    Since that didn't go so well, you add 2 years to the timeframe & take picks 8-10 off the board.
    Then you don't count guys who were drafted that haven't seen the court yet & then add Noel to opening day starters. Noel's leg was mush his entire rookie year.
    Not so good, David Fischer- Birdwrites guy.
    You have some difficulty reading. Let me help.

Rookies (players playing their first season) to start opening night (the first game of the season). Nerlens Noel, who was considered a rookie, started his first game of his NBA career. The NBA considered him a rookie (see, his selection to the All-Rookie team) and he started. Ergo, he was a rookie to start on opening night. I don't count rookies who haven't seen the court yet because....

they're not rookies yet. Joel Embiid, should he play this season, will be considered a rookie. Just as Noel in 2014 despite being drafted in 2013. Just as Blake Griffin was named the rookie of the year for the 2010-11 season despite being drafted in the 2009 draft. A rookie isn't a rookie until they play. The NBA's definition of this is crystal clear.

The NBA considered him a rookie. . .

In an ideal world I don't think the Pelicans would start Buddy. Quincy Pondexter would slide to shooting guard and free agent X would start at small forward. The Pelicans wouldn't dump Tyreke Evans and he and Buddy Hield would come off the bench.

But we don't live in an ideal world. (Note: I am writing what I believe will happen, not what I want to happen.) Pondexter will hopefully be 100% but bringing him off the bench under some kind of minutes restriction early on (20-25 minutes?) would not surprise me in the least. Pelicans will want to demonstrate their caution and take things slow early on. Holiday and Evans have been superb together but the organization does not prefer to keep Tyreke Evans around. So more likely than not Evans is going to be traded (possibly with very little value in return) or waived and stretched (the nuclear option) this summer. Holiday and Hield will most likely (most likely is not a guarantee for those with trouble understanding semantics) start in the backcourt with free agent X (best case) or Dante Cunningham (worst non-injury case) at small forward.
    Explain this to me if you can. Why did the org put up with Gordon for so many years but after 1 difficult year with Reke with his attitude its ship him out at all cost?

1-6

W
    You have some difficulty reading. Let me help.

Rookies (players playing their first season) to start opening night (the first game of the season). Nerlens Noel, who was considered a rookie, started his first game of his NBA career. The NBA considered him a rookie (see, his selection to the All-Rookie team) and he started. Ergo, he was a rookie to start on opening night. I don't count rookies who haven't seen the court yet because....

they're not rookies yet. Joel Embiid, should he play this season, will be considered a rookie. Just as Noel in 2014 despite being drafted in 2013. Just as Blake Griffin was named the rookie of the year for the 2010-11 season despite being drafted in the 2009 draft. A rookie isn't a rookie until they play. The NBA's definition of this is crystal clear.
    Look, your word salad doesn't impress me.
    You fluctuate your opinions as your argument falls apart.
    For your Argument a guy is drafted in 2013, that doesn't play in 2013 does not qualify. He did not play the yr he was drafted, thus,well (what was your 1st pick(41 games)? Oh wait, then you changed that to fit a narrative.
    Literal translation is a convenient truth for you in this situation because it fits your meandering narrative. Just as your changing your # of years and tossing out picks 8-10.
    Thus you need to stop talking down to people as though because they don't agree w/ you, they are ignorant.
    Birdwrites behind your name doesn't mean squat to me & it certainly doesn't make me think your knowledge is superior.
    Being full of ones self is oft putting. Have a blessed day .

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Explain this to me if you can. Why did the org put up with Gordon for so many years but after 1 difficult year with Reke with his attitude its ship him out at all cost?
    Pressure to win now and the relative ease of moving Evans (thanks to the huge jump in the salary cap) if I had to guess. Evans pretty much disappeared from the facility after his second surgery.

W
    For your Argument a guy is drafted in 2013, that doesn't play in 2013 does not qualify. He did not play the yr he was drafted, thus,well (what was your 1st pick(41 games)? Oh wait, then you changed that to fit a narrative.
    Literal translation is a convenient truth for you in this situation because it fits your meandering narrative. Just as your changing your # of years and tossing out picks 8-10.
    Thus you need to stop talking down to people as though because they don't agree w/ you, they are ignorant.
    Birdwrites behind your name doesn't mean squat to me & it certainly doesn't make me think your knowledge is superior.
    It's not "my knowledge" we're discussing. Rookies who started on opening day, and where they were drafted, are facts. Things we can look up and observe are true. It's not an opinion.

Nerlens Noel started opening night of his rookie year. Period. Full stop. That's not an opinion.

Who the hell knows? Why don't we wait and see? This has turned into a match between those that were very open about not liking Hield before the draft and those that did like him. It is almost like some want him to fail just to prove they were right. Move on to another topic.

Pressure to win now and the relative ease of moving Evans (thanks to the huge jump in the salary cap) if I had to guess. Evans pretty much disappeared from the facility after his second surgery.
    David,

Do you think it's possible Tyreke can be moved for a 3 or do you see the 3 being filled by a FA?

W
    LOL all your posts are LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    David,

Do you think it's possible Tyreke can be moved for a 3 or do you see the 3 being filled by a FA?
    I don't think so. Tyreke may have value around the league, but it probably happens after teams strike out in FA and need players to field a competent roster. His ball dominance and injury history eliminates a lot of suitors.

I don't think so. Tyreke may have value around the league, but it probably happens after teams strike out in FA and need players to field a competent roster. His ball dominance and injury history eliminates a lot of suitors.
    Ok thank you.
    What % he is in a Pelicans uniform to start the season?

Team trading for him must wait till his rehab is done.
    Probably till the training camp.

Great risk for a team.
    On the other hand he will be expiring in 2017 when salary cap will rise.

I can see a trade of below value or kinda Ross for Evans. Which I wont probably do.

My biggest hope is FA. New reality. New money. And teams wanted to be with biggest cap space in 2017.

The Franchise    Contributor   

David- any idea if Evans is far enough along in his recovery to be traded in the 'oh crap we struck out in free agency, let's trade for somebody whose name out fans will recognize' aftermath, or would you project more like training camp?
    Marco just got traded for a pick (even if it was a head scratcher) so the lack of any rumors at all about Evans being moved seems odd

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I'll bet he and ryno are resigned, just a feeling.
    thats a odd feeling

ryan possibly with a small chance definitely not EG

i wouldnt want him around buddy
    SIGN A SF

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I would not pay for Gordon. Let him go. I like his game but his attitude is not so good. I think he's a better facilitator and ball handler than Buddy though.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I would not pay for Gordon. Let him go. I like his game but his attitude is not so good. I think he's a better facilitator and ball handler than Buddy though.
    What's his attitude? What did someone tell yoi?

Thread Information