Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I know it would require some movement, but between Reke and Puddin, give me Puddin.

But you are right. He will go to the highest bidder.
    I can't wait till next season to see how dumb everyone looks when Tyrekekills it and shows how all this hate he got over 20 games was ridiculous

1-6

If Tyreke is willing to move the ball he'll be fine in the system.

I heard that the Knicks could potentially go after Gordon if they can't re-sign Afflalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If Tyreke is willing to move the ball he'll be fine in the system.
    It has been said time and time again he had no training camp missed the first quarter of the season and was on a bad knee. He never got a chance to adjusted and played slow due to injury. I think with a full training camp he will adjust fine.

I hope so.

Tyreke for Taj Gibson. Yay or nah? Both on one year deals I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    It has been said time and time again he had no training camp missed the first quarter of the season and was on a bad knee. He never got a chance to adjusted and played slow due to injury. I think with a full training camp he will adjust fine.
    What does that have to do with his bball iq and style of play? He doesn't like to pass and needs the ball in his hand. Love Tyreke as a person but he's so frustrating as a player, in order for him to be at his best he has to effectively make everybody else worse.

Edit: Unless he is the best player on the court. Then he will make people better. But when he is not, he will make your best players' game suffer. Do we really want him next to Jrue, Buddy and AD?
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 06-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What does that have to do with his bball iq and style of play? He doesn't like to pass and needs the ball in his hand. Love Tyreke as a person but he's so frustrating as a player, in order for him to be at his best he has to effectively make everybody else worse.

Edit: Unless he is the best player on the court. Then he will make people better. But when he is not, he will make your best players' game suffer. Do we really want him next to Jrue, Buddy and AD?
    He avg 6 assist how is that not passing. You mean he needs quicker decision making. He also has Gordon, Q, Cole with career shooting year due to the looks he was providing so he does make others better. Or did you forget he generated almost as points driving to the paint as Harden did how does that not make people better. How about how he's able to break down a defense. He does make guys better he just needs to play smarter. I'm sure while rehabbing they spent the year with Tyreke working on that. He needs to make quicker passes, less dribbling, and limit the dumb decisions. All easy thing to fix and he will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    That's a deal I would do not just a dump

Stats show Jrue is more ball dominant. Reke averaged more assists last season.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Stats show Jrue is more ball dominant. Reke averaged more assists last season.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

OH GOD MAN. THAT WAS HILARIOUS.

I'd give him $20 million over 2 years, the scary thing is that's not enough to keep him. He still has value to contenders as an elite 3 point shooter and if we signed him to a short term deal I could see a contender (Clippers, Thunder, Cavs) giving up a late first round pick and expiring contract to strengthen their finals push at the deadline, but with his injury history, coughing up long term money to the guy is just salary cap suicide.

Unfortunately we just aren't a destination for free agents, and letting go of assets in exchange for cap flexibility probably isn't as valuable to us as it is to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I would, but would the Bulls?

I have no beef with Reke, I just don't see how he helps us anywhere else other than on the bench, but even then, Frazier needs the ball in his hands to create for others, so Reke really is the odd man out.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

He avg 6 assist how is that not passing. You mean he needs quicker decision making. He also has Gordon, Q, Cole with career shooting year due to the looks he was providing so he does make others better. Or did you forget he generated almost as points driving to the paint as Harden did how does that not make people better. How about how he's able to break down a defense. He does make guys better he just needs to play smarter. I'm sure while rehabbing they spent the year with Tyreke working on that. He needs to make quicker passes, less dribbling, and limit the dumb decisions. All easy thing to fix and he will be fine.
    Well yeah he makes inferior players better but he makes players like AD and Jrue worse off. They shouldn't have to sacrifice so much of their game to accommodate for Reke. Tyreke can't play off of anybody. He forces everybody to play off of him because he is so ball dominant. And it's easy to say decision making is an easy thing to fix.. but he's 7 years in now and has maybe slightly improved on that part of his game. I like Reke and I hope wherever he goes he is successful but I don't want him on this team anymore. AD will never be a point forward playing with Reke.

Well yeah he makes inferior players better but he makes players like AD and Jrue worse off. They shouldn't have to sacrifice so much of their game to accommodate for Reke. Tyreke can't play off of anybody. He forces everybody to play off of him because he is so ball dominant. And it's easy to say decision making is an easy thing to fix.. but he's 7 years in now and has maybe slightly improved on that part of his game. I like Reke and I hope wherever he goes he is successful but I don't want him on this team anymore. AD will never be a point forward playing with Reke.
    Ummm jrue played his most efficient next to Tyreke and AD has a career year playing next to him with a historical per. Stop saying he does make guys better its not true. When Tyreke first got here he would just run up and down the court trying to barrel through everyone. Then he adjusted to month playing half court which every though wouldn't fit him. Give him time to adjust he has shown he can. He went from score first playing SG and off the bench to playing pg and avg 8 ast a game at that position. Give him time to adjust which people don't want to do. AD had one of his worst years last season. He also needed time to adjust and improved in the system later in the year. AD hasn't shown he's a point forward he needs to improve his passing to even be considered that first. Ad still struggles to pass out of double teams.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 06-24-2016 at 08:13 PM.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

OH GOD MAN. THAT WAS HILARIOUS.
    Jrue had a 29% USG rate last year and avg 6 assist Tyreke had 24.7% last season and 26% USG the year before and avg 6.6 last boat years so its true.

All this Tyreke Evans love and the Pelicans are gonna try to dump him.

Tyreke was more ball dominant. Dig beyond the stats you can find on Basketball Reference.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Jrue had a 29% USG rate last year and avg 6 assist Tyreke had 24.7% last season and 26% USG the year before and avg 6.6 last boat years so its true.
    Wait. . .

You're serious? Wtf. . .

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    All this Tyreke Evans love and the Pelicans are gonna try to dump him.

Tyreke was more ball dominant. Dig beyond the stats you can find on Basketball Reference.
    Dude you hate Tyreke so your opinion holds little on him. He won't be dumped unless we get a sure fire star FA. Why would we dump a guy who helped carry us to the playoffs especially when Jrue Holiday has yet to be able to play a full season since coming here. We don't even have a legit back up pg nor another ball handler outside of those two. They are insurance for each other. I know the report and I'll say them because I don't care Gordon hated Tyreke and he had a ********ty attitude last season. And wouldnt rehab like he was supposed to. Well also Jrue didnt rehab he was supposed too and Q didnt eithrt but thats not seen as bad or even talked about. Some things said about stretching him but that would never happen. That's not Dell mo, Gordon had the worst attitude ever fighting with choaches, not rehabbing, and outspoke against the org and he didn't go anywhere. Dell does not let talent walk for nothing hell even Ferry tried to sign Reke as a FA he's not gone unless we get good talent to replace him.

Also when stats go your way "look at how well AD played with Jrue"when stats don't go your way "Look beyond stats".
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 06-24-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Ummm jrue played his most efficient next to Tyreke and AD has a career year playing next to him with a historical per. Stop saying he does make guys better its not true. When Tyreke first got here he would just run up and down the court trying to barrel through everyone. Then he adjusted to month playing half court which every though wouldn't fit him. Give him time to adjust he has shown he can. He went from score first playing SG and off the bench to playing pg and avg 8 ast a game at that position. Give him time to adjust which people don't want to do. AD had one of his worst years last season. He also needed time to adjust and improved in the system later in the year.
    You can say look AD had a historic PER playing next to Tyreke but we finished 8th. Why? A number of reasons, but one that Tyreke contributed to was, AD would be having a fantastic game and then about 5 minutes left in the 4th, Tyreke decides it's time for him to take over and AD wouldnt touch the ball for the rest of the game. This has happened too many times to count. And it's not just at the end of games, he has these periods regularly throughout the game and he just turns everyone else into role players. It's no longer a team game, if you wanna score it has to come from a Reke assist or an offensive board off a Reke shot. How many times did we watch him call off Monty's play for an iso?

With the Pelicans drafting Buddy Hield to play SG, Eric Gordon will not be resigned. Tyreke Evans isn't going anywhere due to his injury history over the past year (3 knee surgeries).

The question that needs to be asked is whether Jrue Holiday starts or returns as the club's 6th man?

You can say look AD had a historic PER playing next to Tyreke but we finished 8th. Why? A number of reasons, but one that Tyreke contributed to was, AD would be having a fantastic game and then about 5 minutes left in the 4th, Tyreke decides it's time for him to take over and AD wouldnt touch the ball for the rest of the game. This has happened too many times to count. And it's not just at the end of games, he has these periods regularly throughout the game and he just turns everyone else into role players. It's no longer a team game, if you wanna score it has to come from a Reke assist or an offensive board off a Reke shot. How many times did we watch him call off Monty's play for an iso?
    That's true but he also had games where he took over and won the game we had our longest win streak that season when AD was out a Reke carried the team. Its a double edge sword and no player is perfect Westbroo, Kyrie, Derozan, Lowry, and Kemba all do it. Some times they are the hero sometime they are not, not everyone can be AD. With the okc game he almost cost us the game but he also put up a triple double with 16 assist. During the spurs game AD scores 30+ but Reke had 19/11. Those moment will dwidle with more talent that season it was either AD or Reke who had to score or set up a play. When you have AD, Jrue, and hopefully Buddy contributes we won't have to lean on him as hard as before to cut down on those type of moments.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    The question that needs to be asked is whether Jrue Holiday starts or returns as the club's 6th man?
    I think we start

Jrue
    Reke
    Q
    AD
    Asik

Buddy is a rookie and they will bring him along slowly.

I'd give him 6m/yr with a team option after 2 years.
    Can't, insult and then he would pout like a baby even more. Sign and trade possible?

Thread Information