Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Yes I'd love to get Crowder for Reke too, but that ain't happening. You not gonna get anything for Reke that will be worth what he can give us. I know just about all of you can't stand him, but he did average a good bit of assists per game. So he will be another ball handler to go with Jrue. Both will be able to drive for buckets and hit occasional shots. Reke will get his layups for sure. He will drive and kick to both Buddy & Jrue for open shots. He will get the ball to AD as well. He will help us by getting us 15/5/5 off the bench.

The only way Tyreke starts is if Buddy isn't ready, he plays small forward, or injury. He's in his contract year, will not get us much in return as of now, and can handle point guard duties if Jrue misses sometime. I don't think there is anyway we trade Tyreke before the season, unless a team unexpectedly gives us something decent in return. Or if we need some room to sign a free agent then maybe we dump him for nothing. I would rather keep him at his decent price this year. We couldn't add a free agent that could give us his stat line for his price. I would love to trade him if we could get something comparable to him. I just don't see that happening. I'd love to trade Asik too lol. Maybe we trade him in some kind of sign & trade with another team. If we had another decent asset to send with him, but since we haven't drafted anyone in years we don't have anything worth a damn lol

Maybe a team like Brooklyn, Dallas, or Sacramento would want him. I don't know who would want him, maybe the Grizzlies for Lance Stephenson lolol. Would you want someone like Ben McLemore from the Kings. Devin Harris from the Mavs? Jarrett Jack back from Brooklyn. That's the only kind of players we MAY get for him IMO. Yes I'll take Ben McLemore and Omri Casspi from the Kings(probably the best we could get IF we could even swing that).
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-26-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Kinda sad that two assets Dell gave away in Rolo and Bellinelli fetched Derrick Rose and a first but we couldn't get anything for Tyreke or Ryan Anderson..,,

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Less than Barnes.
    Hawks fans think around 4 years 70mil. A little less than 18mil a year. I prefer Baze to Barnes but still would rather go cheaper and spread the money around multiple positions and players.

I know it probably isn't a popular opinion to trade a pick but I would trade next years 1st and Reke to get a solid starting SF on a cap friendly deal for a few years. I know it would get us butler or anyone of that caliber but I dont think we need star there we just need average to slightly above average to pair with AD, Jrue and Buddy. We don't need to break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I know it probably isn't a popular opinion to trade a pick but I would trade next years 1st and Reke to get a solid starting SF on a cap friendly deal for a few years. I know it would get us butler or anyone of that caliber but I dont think we need star there we just need average to slightly above average to pair with AD, Jrue and Buddy. We don't need to break the bank.
    Who do you have in mind? What's your average kind of guy you'd like?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Who do you have in mind? What's your average kind of guy you'd like?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Just Reke for

PJ Tucker
    Otto Porter(RFA next year)

All Multiple year guys:

Belinelli for Reke
    Will Barton for Reke and 1st
    Ariza for Reke
    Corey Brewer for Reke
    TJ Warren for Reke and 1st
    Covington for Reke

I would also be ok signing lower tier FA SF's at the right price like:

Solomon Hill
    Harkless
    Deng
    Evan Turner
    Crabbe
    Marvin Williams (though possibly more of a PF)

I don't want to over spend for a marginally better option like:

Harrison Barnes
    Chandler Parsons (injury concerns)

I would be ok with paying full price for Batum.

I would be ok signing Bazemore for 4/60ish Mil.

What do you think we could get in a reke/asik/2nd rounder package? I'm not sure if anyone would want to take on their contracts. But if we could get a serviceable starter for that package I'd be happy. I would only want to trade away our 1st round pick if we get something really good, not something like jimmy butler or boogie, but an average starter at the wing or center. Any names that come to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by crescentcity View Post
    What do you think we could get in a reke/asik/2nd rounder package? I'm not sure if anyone would want to take on their contracts. But if we could get a serviceable starter for that package I'd be happy. I would only want to trade away our 1st round pick if we get something really good, not something like jimmy butler or boogie, but an average starter at the wing or center. Any names that come to mind?
    I would try reke/asik/2nd for KJ McDaniels if Houston strikes out in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I would try reke/asik/2nd for KJ McDaniels if Houston strikes out in FA.
    I would like that trade because of the cleared cap space and kj went to clemson, where i currently go. We'd clear around 20 mil in space, which is enough to get a decent player. The thing is, marco belinelli just got traded for a 22 overall pick, so any trade is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by crescentcity View Post
    I would like that trade because of the cleared cap space and kj went to clemson, where i currently go. We'd clear around 20 mil in space, which is enough to get a decent player. The thing is, marco belinelli just got traded for a 22 overall pick, so any trade is possible.
    I think Belinelli would be a good temporary fit for us. He has a decent contract too. I don't see Charlotte wanting Tyreke though.

We're not a competitive team with any of these guys (maybe Barnes if his bball IQ were to enhance, but highly unlikely). In this league you need Playmakers, I agree that Gordon Hayward would probably want to go to Boston with his old coach but we need real talent at that position, and he's it. I'm tired of being stuck with bums for years and making pointless deals to acquire mediocrity.

Did somebody just say Reke for Ariza???? Do this and the Arena would be even emptier than it is today. This team doesn't have the luxury of trading Tyreke unless it's a highly meaningful and impactful move.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just curious, are we at ALL considering throwing in for Whiteside? I mean, I've been keeping quiet for ages now but...

7'. 250. Arms that stretch forever. Insanely athletic and may be even better than AD at blocking shots? Good rebounder and runs the floor? Might foul too much, but whatever?

Awesome and kinda awesome?! ANYONE?!

Wait. Is Ariza not an impactful player? He's a starting SF that is known for his defense and 3 pt shooting. If we could somehow steal Ariza for only Tyreke I'd do backflips.

As far as Whiteside goes I guess it just is a hard sell for me not because he is bad but because we already have AD who will slide to the 5 in small ball. I don't think spending the max on a Center is where we should spend our money.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Did somebody just say Reke for Ariza???? Do this and the Arena would be even emptier than it is today. This team doesn't have the luxury of trading Tyreke unless it's a highly meaningful and impactful move.
    Are you kidding? That would be a theft. Ariza would fill a huge need. Do you really think that there are fans who come to the arena just to see Tyreke?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm OK trading Tyreke for a Will Barton, TJ Warren or Covington.

No way am I trading him for Beli or Ariza.

No way do I trade a first for any of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are you kidding? That would be a theft. Ariza would fill a huge need. Do you really think that there are fans who come to the arena just to see Tyreke?
    He'll be 31 next season, and Ariza is no longer the defender people seem to think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Wait. Is Ariza not an impactful player? He's a starting SF that is known for his defense and 3 pt shooting. If we could somehow steal Ariza for only Tyreke I'd do backflips.

As far as Whiteside goes I guess it just is a hard sell for me not because he is bad but because we already have AD who will slide to the 5 in small ball. I don't think spending the max on a Center is where we should spend our money.
    Tyreke is a better rebounder, passer, ball handler, and has improved his 3pt shooting the last 2 seasons. He shot better from 3 last season than Ariza. He's more versatile than Ariza and Ariza's defense at age 30 is vastly overrated. And Ariza is under contract for an extra year.

No thanks. I'll take my chances seeing what a healthy Tyreke looks like in year 2 under Gentry, and if it doesn't work out I'll let him expire or trade him at the deadline.

The Franchise    Contributor   

I think if we hadn't seen the NOLA version of Ariza once already we might be open to it, but he's not getting any younger, so I'd pass, even if we got 'contract year' Trevor at this point I'd rather try something else

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Just curious, are we at ALL considering throwing in for Whiteside? I mean, I've been keeping quiet for ages now but...

7'. 250. Arms that stretch forever. Insanely athletic and may be even better than AD at blocking shots? Good rebounder and runs the floor? Might foul too much, but whatever?

Awesome and kinda awesome?! ANYONE?!
    I think Biyombo would be a better fit actually.

1. Much more mobile and can switch out well to defend on the perimeter.

2. Will never have questions about his character or hustle (Whiteside has those question marks).

3. Biyombo would come much cheaper, while still bringing much of the type of defensive rebounding/shot-blocking/rim-protecting presence Whiteside does.

4. He could be a could mentor for Diallo , with similar African heritage and similar playing style.

Biyombo/ Ajinca
    Davis/ Cunningham/ Diallo
    Dudley/ Ennis
    Hield/ Pondexter
    Holiday/ Frazier
    Last edited by Rheem654; 06-26-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Tyreke is a better rebounder, passer, ball handler, and has improved his 3pt shooting the last 2 seasons. He shot better from 3 last season than Ariza. He's more versatile than Ariza and Ariza's defense at age 30 is vastly overrated. And Ariza is under contract for an extra year.

No thanks. I'll take my chances seeing what a healthy Tyreke looks like in year 2 under Gentry, and if it doesn't work out I'll let him expire or trade him at the deadline.
    i'm not agreeing that i think ariza is a better player..
    But trust me, if you want this team to succeed, tyreke needs to go

NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Ariza is on a declining contract where he only get paid 7.8 and 7.4m the next two years. Also Ariza doesn't command the ball and can play within the system. Let's look at their last 4 years before trying to spew that bile that Tyreke is better from 3. He's not. He got off to a hot start for 20ish games before got injured, the same thing happened the previous year but his numbers came back to his average.

Ariza is known for his defense, you can try to minimize that and say he's aging but an aging Ariza is still better than Tyreke on defense. So you have a cheaper contract, a higher IQ player, a guy that can play his role and fits the system. And he has shown to be healthier than Tyreke. Having him on a cheaper contract for an extra year is a GOOD thing. He's a steal for that price with the cap jumping up.

Tyreke *might* be a better player in a vacuum but his play style is completely anti Gentry's. He's coming off a 3rd knee surgery in just over a year and he's most likely going to be asked to come off the bench - a role he failed at in a less complex ISO friendly system already - with no indication he can succeed in a more complex, pass the ball, uptempo Gentry ran offense.

If we can swap Ariza for Tyreke that'd be a huge steal.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-26-2016 at 10:41 AM.

We need a stud but I honestly would be happy with ariza.
    I'm a grinder

Ariza was asked to do too much once Chris Paul left us. If he entered our current squad, I think he would improve us tremendously with his defense. I just wonder how serious we are about contending this year. If we are serious, I have no doubt Dell will fill that SF gap with someone (for better or worse). Hopefully we don't force a move that lands us in an unfavorable position (trading draft picks to dump salary, etc.).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I forgot where I saw it, but there's an article floating around that's titled, "Pelicans need to stop making mistakes around Anthony Davis". That's exactly what I think this management is doing. They're just making terrible mistakes and not even putting their nose out and using AD as the biggest marketing chip there is. It's like they didn't even learn from the whole thing with Chris Paul. Management threw him out of town because of their poor management.

If we don't at least stick our nose out there and utilize AD, then once his contract is up, AD is walking right out that door. I don't care how injury prone we are. I feel like we're not even trying in our search to improve. Look, I know Durant is an extreme pipe dream, but did we even reach out to him? Did we even try to lure him in with the possibility of playing with one of the League's brightest stars? What about Whiteside? Have they even reached out to him and show him an opportunity of a lifetime in playing in one of the League's most deadly front courts there is? Imagine Whiteside and Davis together. NO ONE would even dare to drive to the rim with that wall blocking it.

Just based on what I've heard from the press, it just doesn't feel like management is taking this seriously. Like I would love to bring in a guy like Chandler Parsons or Kent Bazemore, but I don't want that to be our "big signings". It feels like they're taking Anthony Davis for granted and praying that him alone can take us to the promise land. But he can't. No one does it alone. This is a team sport. Superstars need help too. And I'll be damned if I see AD walk out that door, just like Chris Paul did.

Thread Information