Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    I don't understand why a Harrison Barnes fan is hating on Kent Bazemore.

Bazemore
    DReb%: 18.0%
    Ast: 12.7%
    Stl: 2.3%
    Blk: 1.4%

Barnes
    DReb%: 12.4%
    Ast: 7.8%
    Stl: 1.0%
    Blk: 0.4%

Pelicans should chase the lesser rebounding, less passing, less impactful defender (who will cost more) because? 6'8" looks better in the program?
    What do you think Bazemore will get in FA?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    When was I hating on Bazemore? He is not a SF plain and simple. If you think he is a better option at SF then I don't take what you say about Barnes to seriously. Oh but he has a good rebounding % lol. Go put Bazemore or Barnes on Lebron, Durant, Melo, PG13, and any other stud SF then tell me who is the better option. Oh and how old is Bazemore? What was he doing when he was Barnes age? I'll wait..... You can find a star to support just about any player over another and those you posted mean very little. He scored 11 ppg shooting 35% from 3 with a career 68% FT but somehow your gonna support him as a better option at SF? Lol ok.
    Guess which one Kerr puts on all those guys in crunch time?

6'6" Andre Iguodala or 6'8" Harrison Barnes?
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What do you think Bazemore will get in FA?
    Less than Barnes.

When was I hating on Bazemore? He is not a SF plain and simple. If you think he is a better option at SF then I don't take what you say about Barnes to seriously. Oh but he has a good rebounding % lol. Go put Bazemore or Barnes on Lebron, Durant, Melo, PG13, and any other stud SF then tell me who is the better option. Oh and how old is Bazemore? What was he doing when he was Barnes age? I'll wait..... You can find a star to support just about any player over another and those you posted mean very little. He scored 11 ppg shooting 35% from 3 with a career 68% FT but somehow your gonna support him as a better option at SF? Lol ok. How many 6'5 200 lb SFs are in the NBA? Going on 28 years old and just scored double digits for the 2nd time in his career..
    Dude quit being so biased towards Barnes and hating on Bazemore. I like how you said 68% career FT shooter yet completely ignore the fact that he shot over 80% this year. Barnes isn't a good player and i don't know how anybody can make you understand that. TBH I rather sign Harkless than Barnes.

So your point? Somehow having one of the best defenders in the NBA to matchup with players is a bad thing? By the way Barnes was on those guys plenty on crunch time but for matchup reasons he did his job on Ibaka and Love where he matched up better than Iggy. I still have yet to understand how having an elite defender guard super stars is a knock on Barnes.

If you write "I'd sign Harrison Barnes at (something reasonable)" just write "I won't sign Harrison Barnes." He's restricted and plenty of NBA teams have boatloads of cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Dude quit being so biased towards Barnes and hating on Bazemore. I like how you said 68% career FT shooter yet completely ignore the fact that he shot over 80% this year. Barnes isn't a good player and i don't know how anybody can make you understand that. TBH I rather sign Harkless than Barnes.
    Lol again never had any hate towards Bazemore at all. I was supporting him before anybody here jumped on his wagon. I stated facts and reasons why I do not want Bazemore as a SF. If your going to try and say Barnes isn't a good player but hype up Bazemore go ahead lol but that's ridiculous. One player is 4 years older yet has not done anything better so that makes total sense.

The Franchise
    I agree Bazemore to me is a SG. We drafted Buddy to take that spot sooner or later so Baze isn't someone I want to spend a lot of money on. Can he play spots of SF sure but he is a SG. As for Barnes, I was always one that one that wanted him. I thought if given the chance he would excel. The only problem is he never did step up when he had a chance so I've changed my mind and don't want him at all. Give a young man that isn't getting much playing time like Oubre or Porter (if possible) then if not overspend on parsons or Batum.

Lol again never had any hate towards Bazemore at all. I was supporting him before anybody here jumped on his wagon. I stated facts and reasons why I do not want Bazemore as a SF. If your going to try and say Barnes isn't a good player but hype up Bazemore go ahead lol but that's ridiculous. One player is 4 years older yet has not done anything better so that makes total sense.
    Bazemore is 26 dude and Barnes is 24 I think you need to work on your math. Also I was the one that brought up Bazemore's name way before anybody else idk why you are taking credit for it Lol. Bazemore held his one last year at SF so now this year he can't?

When was I hating on Bazemore? He is not a SF plain and simple. If you think he is a better option at SF then I don't take what you say about Barnes to seriously. Oh but he has a good rebounding % lol. Go put Bazemore or Barnes on Lebron, Durant, Melo, PG13, and any other stud SF then tell me who is the better option. Oh and how old is Bazemore? What was he doing when he was Barnes age? I'll wait..... You can find a star to support just about any player over another and those you posted mean very little. He scored 11 ppg shooting 35% from 3 with a career 68% FT but somehow your gonna support him as a better option at SF? Lol ok. How many 6'5 200 lb SFs are in the NBA? Going on 28 years old and just scored double digits for the 2nd time in his career..
    Igoudala, AKA The LeBron Stopper and defender of elite SF's, is only 6'6", 215. And Bazemore has a longer wingspan (a freakish 6'11.5"). Now Bazemore has a lot of work to do to get to that level as a defender, but he is physically in the same ballpark. Bazemore has shown such a hunger to get better and has continued to grow as a complete player and defender.

Barnes meanwhile is the poster child for mediocrity. His entire career since HS is one of complete and utter blandness even in the face of such lowered expectations as he has continued to underwhelm at every step. At some point the people still holding out hope for his stardom need to come to terms with who he is (Team USA included). I can't recall another player that has been given so much while showing and producing so little.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I agree Bazemore to me is a SG. We drafted Buddy to take that spot sooner or later so Baze isn't someone I want to spend a lot of money on. Can he play spots of SF sure but he is a SG. As for Barnes, I was always one that one that wanted him. I thought if given the chance he would excel. The only problem is he never did step up when he had a chance so I've changed my mind and don't want him at all. Give a young man that isn't getting much playing time like Oubre or Porter (if possible) then if not overspend on parsons or Batum.
    Nothing wrong with that opinion at all. The opinions that are funny is he is terrible at basketball but give me Bazemore lol. I'm betting on Barnes improving but I understand why some don't want to take that risk. I would love to get Batum as well and Parsons would be right behind Barnes for me but his injuries scare the hell out of me. I think Porter could be a nice option trading a future pick but I don't know if the Wizards want to give up on him yet unless they can get Durant or another stud SF in FA.

Bazemore is 26 dude and Barnes is 24 I think you need to work on your math. Also I was the one that brought up Bazemore's name way before anybody else idk why you are taking credit for it Lol. Bazemore held his one last year at SF so now this year he can't?
    Lol ok Bazemore turns 27 July 1st and Barnes just turned 24 in May. I'm so sorry 3 years do you feel smart now? Lol Bazemore held his own so your point? Holding your own does not mean you are a good option for us at SF. Now go argue with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    Igoudala, AKA The LeBron Stopper and defender of elite SF's, is only 6'6", 215. And Bazemore has a longer wingspan (a freakish 6'11.5"). Now Bazemore has a lot of work to do to get to that level as a defender, but he is physically in the same ballpark. Bazemore has shown such a hunger to get better and has continued to grow as a complete player and defender.

Barnes meanwhile is the poster child for mediocrity. His entire career since HS is one of complete and utter blandness even in the face of such lowered expectations as he has continued to underwhelm at every step. At some point the people still holding out hope for his stardom need to come to terms with who he is (Team USA included). I can't recall another player that has been given so much while showing and producing so little.
    I don't think Iggy and Bazemore compare. Iggy is said to be around 220 now in GS working out like a beast. I like Bazemore he just isn't an ideal SF plain and simple. I agree Barnes hasn't produced like he is capable of but I think a lot has to do with his role. A lot with him is unknown and there is no doubt you are banking on him improving and taking the next step. If Hield turns out to be a star then I think Barnes is a very good fit here as a 3 and D SF who is only going to get better. He can defend the best wings and do all the dirty work we need. Is there other players I like over him? Sure but I don't know if we will get any of those guys this or next year and if we feel we can't then he is the next best option. If GS is willing to pay him what they offered I feel pretty confident they know a little more then some posters here. He's not getting that $ just because of his name.

Lol ok Bazemore turns 27 July 1st and Barnes just turned 24 in May. I'm so sorry 3 years do you feel smart now? Lol Bazemore held his own so your point? Holding your own does not mean you are a good option for us at SF. Now go argue with yourself.
    More like you can go and keep riding Barnes.

Less than Barnes.
    Well yes I know that.
    Around 16-18 sound about right?

Hey guys, how about bringing in Bazemore as a 6th man? His versatility off the bench could be special.

I don't think Iggy and Bazemore compare. Iggy is said to be around 220 now in GS working out like a beast. I like Bazemore he just isn't an ideal SF plain and simple. I agree Barnes hasn't produced like he is capable of but I think a lot has to do with his role. A lot with him is unknown and there is no doubt you are banking on him improving and taking the next step. If Hield turns out to be a star then I think Barnes is a very good fit here as a 3 and D SF who is only going to get better. He can defend the best wings and do all the dirty work we need. Is there other players I like over him? Sure but I don't know if we will get any of those guys this or next year and if we feel we can't then he is the next best option. If GS is willing to pay him what they offered I feel pretty confident they know a little more then some posters here. He's not getting that $ just because of his name.
    1. Remember, they offered him 4/$64. He is likely going to command over 4/$80. BIG difference, and it could be said that GS recognized his limitations with that low ball offer.

2. Harrison Barnes in the 2016 Playoffs (24 games):

8.6 PER
    38.5% FG
    9.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.3 apg

+2.1 Net Rating with Barnes OFF the court

This is the guy you want to kill our cap for?

Give me Harkless.
    He has the same potential as Barnes.
    Both are young, 6'9" and have defensive potential but only the 4th option in offence.

Harkless will cost about 6 to 8M less too.

I'd take Dudley over Barnes.

I posted it on here yesterday. I will be happy with Turner or Harkless or Dudley.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Give me Harkless.
    He has the same potential as Barnes.
    Both are young, 6'9" and have defensive potential but only the 4th option in offence.

Harkless will cost about 6 to 8M less too.
    I see Moe's name a lot but I don't think people are being honest about what he is. He is a small ball 4 or an EXTREMELY limited SF. He simply cannot shoot.

He has virtually no consistent 3 pt shot, and really no range at all. He shot about 28% from 3 feet out. Dunks and layups are his only real contribution scoring.

I like him as a bench role player, but anyone counting on him as a full time 3 has some pretty short memories of the Aminu/Gee brickfest days we've just been through. Harkless is a worse shooter than both. That makes his value very limited versus what he is likely to get in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    I see Moe's name a lot but I don't think people are being honest about what he is. He is a small ball 4 or an EXTREMELY limited SF. He simply cannot shoot.

He has virtually no consistent 3 pt shot, and really no range at all. He shot about 28% from 3 feet out. Dunks and layups are his only real contribution scoring.

I like him as a bench role player, but anyone counting on him as a full time 3 has some pretty short memories of the Aminu/Gee brickfest days we've just been through. Harkless is a worse shooter than both. That makes his value very limited versus what he is likely to get in this market.
    I don't think he will ever be a 3pt assassin but ppl said the same about Aminu and he is a decent 3 point shooter. I know its only one season.

I think Harkless can be a good defender and definitely a better threat from 3 than Gee or Cunningham.

The kid just turned 23 and has never been given the opportunity.

I'd take the chance off the bench for the 10-12M range.

More like you can go and keep riding Barnes.
    Lol ok. Oh and everyone for the record Bert was the first one to start riding Bazemore do he deserves all credit anytime he is mentioned.

What is the likelihood of them trading Iguodala if they truly are going after Durant, Whiteside or Noah? He would be perfect in our system and could be the leader. One can dream.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Sure Tyreke does.

Even worse than trading him is not trading and telling him he's coming off the bench then he gets upset and screws up the locker room with his attitude.

Besides. We will be able to improve our team with his added cap space.
    Unless you find me a quote (preferably from the last 8 months or so) of Tyreke saying he won't come off the bench, I'm just not buying it. Here's a fact: 99% of NBA players want to start, and Tyreke is no different. But that in no way means he'll be a malcontent and won't do what's best for the team.

Once we renounce Gordon and Anderson, we'll have more than enough money for free agency. The only thing the extra cap space would do is give us money to overpay somebody we'll regret paying in 12 months. There really isn't a max cap worthy small forward that is attainable, so why trade Tyreke to overpay a Harrison Barnes, Kent Bazemore, or Chandler Parsons.

Only way I trade Tyreke is if it's for a player. Cap Space doesn't rebound, defend or shoot well enough to help this team!

Thread Information