Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Here is ESPN report that Parson's is open to leaving and Mavs will not offer max.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...llas-mavericks

NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Batum would be a 6'8 facilitator who plays our biggest position of need after drafting a SG. I think Batum fits Gentrys description pretty well and completes our lineup with a stud SF. Batum is at the top of my list with Barnes and Fournier behind of guys I think we have a realistic shot at.
    Would love to get Batum he's the guy I want also, I don't know how realistic our shot is though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Would love to get Batum he's the guy I want also, I don't know how realistic our shot is though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything I read is he plans to sign with Hornets as fast as possible and then go play with his National team.

I would pass on both Barnes and Parsons.....Batum would be a perfect fit here. Perhaps Batum and Ajinca are friends.........I know I'm reaching.

Doubt we can get close to Batum.. I'll take Bazemore and Turner.
    Jrue
    Buddy
    Baze
    Ad
    Asik

Turner
    Quincy
    DC
    Babbit
    Ajinca

Batum would command the ball to get his and rightfully so. You want Heild to get his even as a rookie. Then even though Jrue is about as non-aggressive as they come, you WANT him to more aggressive. He'd all but fade into the background with Batum on the floor. Then of course, you need AD to do his thing.

I'd just rather a solid 3 and D guy to play his role when called upon. That's all. The answer just might already be on the roster (Q Pon) or someone similar with a bit more length. Don't want another Kevin Love type thing here.

I think we should wait until next summer and sign Gordon Hayward for a max deal...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Batum would command the ball to get his and rightfully so. You want Heild to get his even as a rookie. Then even though Jrue is about as non-aggressive as they come, you WANT him to more aggressive. He'd all but fade into the background with Batum on the floor. Then of course, you need AD to do his thing.

I'd just rather a solid 3 and D guy to play his role when called upon. That's all. The answer just might already be on the roster (Q Pon) or someone similar with a bit more length. Don't want another Kevin Love type thing here.
    What you describe is precisely the problem I WANT us to have one day. Too many guys that can beat you with the ball. But in our current case, we have guys that can catch and shoot from a variety of places on the floor. A nicely spaced floor where the ball moves to multiple capable ball handlers? It's almost worth throwing a sizable deal at Batum.

But if we need to look elsewhere, fine.

So looking at the free agent SF there are some nice names Parsons, Batum, Barnes, and Bazemore, but I feel like none of those guys would be real good fits here and they are very expensive so I found only a couple of SFs that IMO would thrive here for less money than those guys named above.
    The two names that I came up with were Evan Turner and Maurice Harkless.

I would offer Turner a 4yr/55 Million
    I would offer Harkless a 3yr/40M
    Obviously we would just try to sign one of them and my top option would be Harkless. If we can't get either of those guys I think we should just roll the dice on James Ennis and try to sign Hayward next offseason. What do you guys think???

Durant to the Warriors or Spurs is just scary. If he goes to the Warriors it's over for everybody. Might see a 6peat with that team. It would be cool to see a new Spurs dynasty with Leonard/Durant/Aldrige. I just hope we can build our own great team to compete with these teams. I think the Rockets will be a serious destination for Durant as well. IMO the most likely move is he signs the 2 year deal with OKC having the option to hit FA next year with Westbrook. Giving them one more run to see if they can get it don either parting ways or joining up somewhere else.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-25-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I think we should wait until next summer and sign Gordon Hayward for a max deal...
    If Hayward leaves it will be to the Celtics where he is a perfect fit. I could see them possibly using Brown as a trade piece with the Jazz to get a deal done. Hayward and Stevens who was his coach at Butler have a great relationship. He would get to join a storied franchise who have a very good team and could use a player like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets08 View Post
    Give me either Parsons or Batum and I'll consider this offseason a major success.
    Are either a defensive liability ? I like both but worry about the huge step back we took on D. QPon will help being back.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    This. Can we not just wait a season?

So are we overpaying PBP or Harrison Barnes?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 704Pelicanfan View Post
    This. Can we not just wait a season?
    Live in the present, plan for tomorrow. That's not a plan though. Just wait? We wait, and what pitch do we throw at him? Oh we've been bleh for two straight years, but now we can win. Join up!

He says no. Then what? We wasted a year for nothing and probably have fired Gentry, now we're even more a floundering franchise.

Go hard. Make the playoffs if possible. Then worry about Hayward or whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Live in the present, plan for tomorrow. That's not a plan though. Just wait? We wait, and what pitch do we throw at him? Oh we've been bleh for two straight years, but now we can win. Join up!

He says no. Then what? We wasted a year for nothing and probably have fired Gentry, now we're even more a floundering franchise.

Go hard. Make the playoffs if possible. Then worry about Hayward or whomever.
    I guess...

I'm just a little envious of teams like PHI, OKC, MIN, GS and even ORL.

But hey, we're not them, so why bother.

I feel we could have taken an "A effort" approach to build around Davis and we settled for C+

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    So looking at the free agent SF there are some nice names Parsons, Batum, Barnes, and Bazemore, but I feel like none of those guys would be real good fits here and they are very expensive so I found only a couple of SFs that IMO would thrive here for less money than those guys named above.

Obviously we would just try to sign one of them and my top option would be Harkless. If we can't get either of those guys I think we should just roll the dice on James Ennis and try to sign Hayward next offseason. What do you guys think???
    Turner sucks and couldn't start over Q Pon nor take minutes away from Evans. Harkness is decent but Crabbe is a better and younger option. I still think Marvin Williams should get a look to be a stretch 4.Also I'm good with seeing what we have in Ennis. He played well last year and can shoot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    G
    Give me either Parsons or Batum and I'll consider this offseason a major success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post

I like Turner. But you realize Harkles offers zilch offensively ?

How about we focus on moving forward. Agree, disagree with how we rebuilt but it's really irrelevant at this point.

Everyone agrees that we at least had a good draft and many say it was great. That's a positive. With free agency less than a week away let's focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Turner sucks and couldn't start over Q Pon nor take minutes away from Evans. Harkness is decent but Crabbe is a better and younger option. I still think Marvin Williams should get a look to be a stretch 4.Also I'm good with seeing what we have in Ennis. He played well last year and can shoot.
    Williams and Crabbe would be great gets. Williams, especially when AD is playing the 5.
    I wonder what Portlands cut-off offer would be for Crabbe?
    We could actually swing Crabbe, Williams & Turner if we can 86 Tyrekes contract.

What price are you comfortable with ? Batum will be maxed, undoubtedly . Is he worth a max to you? Parsons is looking for a max and will probably get it. Reports from Dallas yesterday were that mavs are prepared to let him walk if he gets more than the 15-16 mil he's making now. Are you comfortable paying 22 mil per to a guy who's had 2 knee surgeries in the last year and frankly has never played to the level of a max contract?

Don't get me wrong, I like both guys , and they would clearly be upgrades assuming health, but is the price tag worth it? I say no.

Quote Originally Posted by 704Pelicanfan View Post
    I guess...

I'm just a little envious of teams like PHI, OKC, MIN, GS and even ORL.

But hey, we're not them, so why bother.

I feel we could have taken an "A effort" approach to build around Davis and we settled for C+

Cheer up. We have AD, Buddy Buckets & well, our cuisine.
    Those can actually be attractive selling points to play here.
    If I were a shooter & Gentry told me - Look, we have AD & a guy that just made 85 of 100 3 pt shots in a workout. We just might be able to get you some open shots. So, all you need to do is , SIGN HERE !

So the rumor that Wizards are offering a max to Noah...do they plan to keep Gortat who also play Center? Or play Noah and Gortat together?

Perhaps they would think about moving on from Gortat after spending so much on the position with Noah. If that were the case, I'd hope the Pels would be interested.

Something like, Evans + future protected 1st for Gortat. His contract runs the same number of years at a few mil more a year than Asik, but offers a huge upgrade at C. And for the Wizards, they fully commit to Noah there (why?) even though they probably will keep Gortat either way, even as injury insurance for Noah perhaps. And they pick up a future 1st and a good sixth man guard to take some play-making pressure off J-Wall, on an expiring contract.

Then we'd have to either trade Asik or stretch-buy-out his contract, so we'd still have a good amount to spend on the SF position in free agency.

Gortat/ Ajinca
    Davis/ Cunningham/ Diallo
    _____/ Ennis
    Hield/ Pondexter
    Holiday/ Frazier
    Last edited by Rheem654; 06-25-2016 at 01:17 PM.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    So the rumor that Wizards are offering a max to Noah...do they plan to keep Gortat who also play Center? Or play Noah and Gortat together?

Perhaps they would think about moving on from Gortat after spending so much on the position with Noah. If that were the case, I'd hope the Pels would be interested.
    Something like, Evans + future protected 1st for Gortat. His contract runs the same number of years at a few mil more a year than Asik, but offers a huge upgrade at C.
    Don't know if stretching 4yrs left 40 mill or so is doable? You can only stretch so far. Dead money on the books 4 yrs from now ain't preferable .
    Then we'd have to either trade Asik or stretch-buy-out his contract, so we'd still have a good amount to spend on the SF position in free agency.

Gortat/ Ajinca
    Davis/ Cunningham/ Diallo
    _____/ Ennis
    Hield/ Pondexter
    Holiday/ Frazier

Thread Information