Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Allen Crabbe is looking more and more like a (semi) realistic ideal pickup for SF.

He fits the 'young vet' mold at 24 years old, excellent length, good three point and mid-range shooter, good perimeter defender, and Portland might be hesitant to match a sizable offer with other assets set to hit FA in the next couple years.
    I think they'd be a prime target for a Dell Demps Special. Aka, the S/T for a RFA where the other team really doesn't want to commit the cap dollars Demps is offering and they work with Dell to get an asset in return.

This is what Dell did with Tyreke. This is what Dell did with Ryan Anderson.

Ajinca seems like a good fit in this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think they'd be a prime target for a Dell Demps Special. Aka, the S/T for a RFA where the other team really doesn't want to commit the cap dollars Demps is offering and they work with Dell to get an asset in return.

This is what Dell did with Tyreke. This is what Dell did with Ryan Anderson.

Ajinca seems like a good fit in this spot.
    Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Allen Crabbe is looking more and more like a (semi) realistic ideal pickup for SF.

He fits the 'young vet' mold at 24 years old, excellent length, good three point and mid-range shooter, good perimeter defender, and Portland might be hesitant to match a sizable offer with other assets set to hit FA in the next couple years.
    You might be on to something...don't excite me!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He's actually good.
    Lol Parsons is actually good and your gonna rip Barnes? That is hilarious. How many times did we get to see this actually good player over the past 2 years? What did Parsons do for his team in the playoffs? I'll wait...

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Posting his stat lines didn't help your case at all. We all saw how terrible he was. Mythrol and Bronco are right. You've been talking him up so long, I don't think you can admit you were wrong on this one. It's okay to be wrong about a player every now and then. I was in the camp that thought Trey Burke would be an all-star. Boy was I wrong. See? It's not hard to admit you're wrong about a player. The bottom line is, it would be crazy to sign a player to a max deal if he's only gonna be a 4th or 5th option. Barnes will get a max from some team, because SF is a thin position, talent wise. Doesn't mean he's worth it and it doesn't mean that the team paying him made the right decision.
    When did I ever say Barnes will get a max from us? This is coming from the guy who guaranteed me no way the Warriors would let him go? Lol ok! Are you now back tracking on that? You swore no way the Warriors let Barnes go and will match any offer he gets. Looks like you have been wrong quite a few times. I could have told you from the beginning to hop off the Burke bandwagon. How many years did it take you to give up? You still hold on to some hope though with how bad of a move you think it was trading for Jrue. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    What's the infatuation with Parsons? The last thing this franchise needs is another knee injury guy at $15m+ per season.
    Pretty laughable some are going to tout Parsons at $15 million a year as our savior at SF and rip Barnes. That honesty blows my mind. I'll take those opinions very seriously haha

Go give Curry 5-8 shots every game and tell me he doesn't end up some games with 5 points and some with 12-14 points max. Only so much you can do offensively when getting those kind of touches no matter how good you are. Even when Barnes was playing great shooting 70% his #s were capped no matter how good he was playing because the amount of touches. Again I never once said I want Barnes on a max and I don't think he's going to get it. If he does then obviously the people who get paid millions of $ know a little bit more then some who tuned in for a few playoff games. Gotta love the arm chair GMs who can look at basketball reference and see a couple bad performances in the finals to all the sudden no everything about a player and what he is capable of. I'm betting on his potential and if Gentry and Erman feel he's worth it as well I trust them who have forgotten more basketball then this whole forum out together knows. Some can't handle that but it's the truth. 90% of the people bashing Barnes couldn't even teach a basketball team how to execute a proper screen without pressing a button on 2k. Yea but I'm somehow an idiot and everything that comes out of yalls mouth about Barnes is fact. Lol k! Some actually give some decent criticism and have probably forgotten more basketball then I know and I value those opinions so keep em coming!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-27-2016 at 08:33 PM.

NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Lol Parsons is actually good and your gonna rip Barnes? That is hilarious. How many times did we get to see this actually good player over the past 2 years? What did Parsons do for his team in the playoffs? I'll wait...
    Parsons is better than Barnes. Stop being blind. Last year Barnes played in a whole 5 more games than Parsons during the regular season. I hate to say this but you're just trolling now.

And unlike Barnes who got to sit in the corner and be a 5th option while other players did the heavy lifting, defenses actually guarded Parsons and he still beats Barnes in nearly every category.

Last year's numbers.

Career numbers.

Career playoff numbers.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-27-2016 at 08:37 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Allen Crabbe. Hungh. Wouldn't mind that.

Parsons entered the NBA a year younger then Barnes is now. He has once shot a better 3 point % then Barnes at age 27 and is not on the same level defensively or athletically. For Barnes to produce what Parsons does offensively you are talking about 1 more made 3 pointer a year. One guy can't stay on the floor while the other doesn't miss games. If Barnes just slightly improves next year and the following years he is much better than what Parsons is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Allen Crabbe. Hungh. Wouldn't mind that.
    I would like him as well but IMO he's a better fit at SG. Wish I could throw a couple inches and some more weight on some of these guys.

Parsons entered the NBA a year younger then Barnes is now. He has once shot a better 3 point % then Barnes at age 27 and is not on the same level defensively or athletically. For Barnes to produce what Parsons does offensively you are talking about 1 more made 3 pointer a year. One guy can't stay on the floor while the other doesn't miss games. If Barnes just slightly improves next year and the following years he is much better than what Parsons is doing.

Barnes played 66 games during the regular season, Parsons played 61! "One can't stay in the floor while the other doesn't miss games." Wtf.

I pity you. So in love even when the numbers are in your face you still refuse to accept it. You should be Barnes agent. I've never seen someone fight so hard for a player so utterly, meh.

Like how your taking Parsons rookie year out of the stats but keeping all of Barnes early years in lol. Yea you are really proving your point to fit your arguement. The stats you are showing of course are going to favor one guy. Why don't you throw is 9 ppg shooting 33% from 3 point in there? If Barnes early years are going to count so should Parsons. Oh what that would make your argument that Parsons is better not look so great.

Barnes played 66 games during the regular season, Parsons played 61! "One can't stay in the floor while the other doesn't miss games." Wtf.

I pity you. So in love even when the numbers are in your face you still refuse to accept it. You should be Barnes agent. I've never seen someone fight so hard for a player so utterly, meh.

Lol you are something! So the previous 3 years mean nothing? Where Barnes played 81, 78, and 82 games? While Parsons has broken 70+ games twice in his 5 years. Lol lets keep this one sided why don't we...

Like how your taking Parsons rookie year out of the stats but keeping all of Barnes early years in lol.
    What the hell are you talking about? I used Basketball reference player comparison Cumulative seasons setting. I didn't remove any of parsons years. I listed everything. Stop whining because Parsons takes a dump on your boy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-free-agent-pf

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I find this encouraging. If Ryan Anderson's services are in high demand, we may have the opportunity to do a sign and trade. Plenty of teams have cap space and that may end up working in our favor. With all the cap space teams have, there will be intense bidding wars for top talent. With us having Ryno's bird rights, we are the only team that can offer that 5th year and possibly more money. I think if Ryno leaves he will be looking for a rather substantial pay raise since he has been on a bargain contract the last 4 years. In addition to Washington, I think Sacramento, Toronto, and Houston will be bidding for his services. I don't see any of those teams signing top level free agents due to money issues or organization issues (Sacramento and Houston). I know the consensus around here is that a sign and trade will be unlikely this summer, but I see Ryno's situation as a possible exception. I don't know how much we would/could get back in a sign and trade, but I would settle for anything useful be it future 1st or 2nd round picks, young players, vet players that fit our system. Of course I wouldn't take on a salary dump from another team to do it.

I'm not giving Barnes or Parsons max, or within $5mil of it. I want to run it back with this same unit, and next year when the cap jumps up to $90mil, then throw a kitchen sink at what we deem is a position of need. Obviously SF is a position of need now, but let's see (after we have been healthy for a year) where things stand.

Also, here's this thread.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...arrison-Barnes
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Lol you are something! So the previous 3 years mean nothing? Where Barnes played 81, 78, and 82 games? While Parsons has broken 70+ games twice in his 5 years. Lol lets keep this one sided why don't we...
    You made a factually wrong statement about one player not missing games. I corrected it. Previous years weren't mentioned because they are irrelevant to Barnes missing time this year, he did.

What the hell are you talking about? I used Basketball reference player comparison Cumulative seasons setting. I didn't remove any of parsons years. I listed everything. Stop whining because Parsons takes a dump on your boy.
    Lol oh man my feelings are so hurt now. You are using stats for someone 3-4 years older and only pointing out how many games Barnes played this past year ignoring the previous 3 years of Barnes playing near every games and Parsons cracking 70 games twice haha. Oh and were using Parsons whopping 13 playoff games to backup what he has done in the postseason haha. Comparing stats with one player at 23 and the other at 27 of course isn't going to benefit one is it?

You made a factually wrong statement about one player not missing games. I corrected it. Previous years weren't mentioned because they are irrelevant to Barnes missing time this year, he did.
    Did I compare this year? No you did to somehow support your opinion a little more. I said one player can't stay on the court and that's a fact. The other missed a total of 4 games in 3 years but somehow those years don't count because you can find one to support your claim? Your not even worth arguing with now so tell that wall hello for me.

Comparing stats with one player at 23 and the other at 27 of course isn't going to benefit one is it?
    So you admit Parsons is better than Barnes. Everything else is just excuses. Even you can see one is head and shoulders better than the other. Good. That has been my point this whole time. I don't know why you had to fight it so hard. It was plain to see.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-27-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Did I compare this year? No you did to somehow support your opinion a little more. I said one player can't stay on the court and that's a fact. The other missed a total of 4 games in 3 years but somehow those years don't count because you can find one to support your claim? Your not even worth arguing with now so tell that wall hello for me.
    I'm not worth arguing with because I actually bring numbers that prove my point. Your only defense of Barnes is that magical word, "potential".

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm not giving Barnes or Parsons max, or within $5mil of it. I want to run it back with this same unit, and next year when the cap jumps up to $90mil, then throw a kitchen sink at what we deem is a position of need. Obviously SF is a position of need now, but let's see (after we have been healthy for a year) where things stand.

Also, here's this thread.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...arrison-Barnes
    I don't want to throw a max at Barnes either and I don't think that's needed to get him. I'm not throwing close to a max for Parsons with his injury history being terrible. Guy can't stay on the floor and will soon be leaving his prime which likely won't make it any better. Like you said the cap will be jumping up even more so paying Barnes $18 million looks even better and will be similar to $11 million under the old cap. IMO he's definitely worth that now and with his potential to improve can be worth more. I'm all for waiting until next year but it's possible that gets us nothing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wizards are targeting Ryno?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...-ryan-anderson

Could we work out some kinda deal here? Is there any leverage we can play with? Bring Kelly Oubre Jr back to his birth town?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wizards are targeting Ryno?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...-ryan-anderson

Could we work out some kinda deal here? Is there any leverage we can play with? Bring Kelly Oubre Jr back to his birth town?
    I am for it, just so we aren't looking to sign Barnes or Parsons.

Thread Information