Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2016 NBA Draft

Draft The Official 2016 NBA Draft

DO NOT POST PICKS BEFORE THEY ARE ANNOUNCED ON TV

June 23rd at 7pm Central Time on ESPN.

Im hoping for us to keep the pick and draft either Kris Dunn, Jamal Murray, or Buddy Love. Ive accepted the fate if Dragan Bender is the pick, but HELL NO to Jaylen Brown or trade for "young vet".

Where are you guys watching? Whats on the menu? Whos hyped like me?????

Whatever happens, just remember that i love you all.....

Last edited by Silverfoxx; 06-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Ben Simmons to the Sixers. Oops sorry.

I'm pretty hyped as well, you are not alone. First time in a long time that we are participating in the Draft.
    Last edited by Bert123; 06-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Might be good to post that it's airing June 23rd at 7pm Central Time on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Ben Simmons to the Sixers. Oops sorry.

I'm pretty hyped as well, you are not alone. First time in a long time that we are participating in the Draft.
    At least we hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Might be good to post that it's airing June 23rd at 7pm Central Time on ESPN.
    Please can any mods update my title thread and add this!!!

Well the first two picks have already been announced..
    WE live in a society today where the draft happens prior to draft day

I actually want jaylen brown and don't want buddy hield. What do people have against brown? His numbers were bad because of the system he played in, and he addresses some of our biggest needs. But i 110% agree on the young vet trade. I would go ballistic.

Banned
    Most people reckon Brown has a lot of athleticsm but 0 basketball IQ. Do not want.

Please God, give us Buddy or Dunn.

Also can we please not freak out on Dell if he doesn't draft the player you want at 39 or 40? They are 2nd round picks for a reason. I really want to get Patrick McCaw but if Dell passes on him then it's not the end of the world. I'm excited for this for the first time in a while!

Also when people say don't trade for a young vet, are you okay with a trade like the Tyreke and 6 for Avery Bradley, 16, and 31 (or something along those lines)? I'm okay with that but not okay with 6th for a young vet straight up
    Welcome to be here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Also can we please not freak out on Dell if he doesn't draft the player you want at 39 or 40? They are 2nd round picks for a reason. I really want to get Patrick McCaw but if Dell passes on him then it's not the end of the world. I'm excited for this for the first time in a while!

Also when people say don't trade for a young vet, are you okay with a trade like the Tyreke and 6 for Avery Bradley, 16, and 31 (or something along those lines)? I'm okay with that but not okay with 6th for a young vet straight up
    1. I don't have any preferences for the second rounders

2. Yeah I could live with that. Bradley is All-NBA defense and ever improving on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by crescentcity View Post
    I actually want jaylen brown and don't want buddy hield. What do people have against brown? His numbers were bad because of the system he played in, and he addresses some of our biggest needs. But i 110% agree on the young vet trade. I would go ballistic.
    How can you be so certain that his numbers were bad because of the system? He is a great athlete and has an NBA body. After that, it is unknown. He did not shine in any aspect of his game and looked lost a lot. I think he has looked better in his workouts, so that may be a positive.

Today is the day Adrian Wojnarowski and Chad Ford come together like reverse mitosis, forming the ultimate basketball annoyance super-villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Today is the day Adrian Wojnarowski and Chad Ford come together like reverse mitosis, forming the ultimate basketball annoyance super-villain.
    It's like MK Deadly Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    It's like MK Deadly Alliance.
    That's a way cooler reference than the DBZ one I was going to make.

Banned
    My body is not ready

Somehow I've gone from wanting Hield, to Dunn, to Murray and now Hield again!

There's no pleasing me

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    My body is not ready

Somehow I've gone from wanting Hield, to Dunn, to Murray and now Hield again!

There's no pleasing me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60128411.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	6154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Bender, Brown....Murray.

I think Dunn will be gone. I don't want Heild.

If we can't get the three at the top, I'd trade #6 to DEN for Nurkic, #15 + #19.

Draft Luwawu or Valentine at #15.

Package Asik + #19 to BK for Thad Young or draft one of Ellenson, Prince, Korkmaz or Johnson with #19.
    Last edited by 704Pelicanfan; 06-23-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Not sure why people aren't high on Hield. After the failed Gordon experiment, you would think we'd be all in for a top notch two guard. Either he or Murray would be great fits here assuming Dunn is off the board.

Also, if they take Dunn, are people saying the Jrue will move to the 2 spot or does he become trade bait? What about Reke as well?

Dunn isn't falling past Minnesota. We're going to end up with Hield most likely

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    That's what I'm hearing as well. I wonder what they do with Rubio.

We need to keep all options open because you never know what can happen on draft night. I'm excited too and I don't know who I want us to get.

I'm hyped.

Will be watching at home while doing massive amounts of paperwork.

But there's really more ways they can go that will make me happy than ways to make me unhappy......I shouldn't type that out loud.....that's how we get bad trades...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I feel like Celtics saying Dunn is who they want is just a smoke screen to receive more for the 3rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    I would be fine with Hield.

Thread Information