Pelicans Report

Thread: Zephyrs new team name finalist

Zephyrs new team name finalist

A bad idea just got worse in my opinion.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._t588&sid=t588

New Orleans Baby Cakes: A tribute to the Mardi Gras king cakes where small plastic babies are sought after, the Baby Cakes celebrates a unique Louisiana tradition.

New Orleans Crawfish: Pays tribute to those lovable and tasty critters we hold festivals for, and who call New Orleans home.

New Orleans King Cakes: The King Cake tradition bring families and community members together to celebrate the joyous season of Mardi Gras, just like Minor League Baseball draws families together.

New Orleans Night Owls: Both a play on words and an alliteration, Night Owls celebrates the New Orleans nightlife and a night out at the ballpark.

New Orleans Po'boys: A tribute to the culinary capital of the Gulf Cost, this fun name falls in line with other wacky names Minor League Baseball is known for.

New Orleans Red Eyes: New Orleans Red Eyes honors Louisiana's crawfish festivals, and the bright red crawfish New Orleans love.

New Orleans Tailgators: Alligators are synonymous with Louisiana, and tailgating is synonymous with baseball.

What an absolute joke. This is an embarrassment. Leave Zephyrs as the name. I read that the marketing firm created the "Baby Cakes, Tailgators and Red Eyes" names. So much for "fans selecting the name."

The Zephyr was the name of the train from New Orleans to Chicago and also a popular ride at Pontchartrain beach. Leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    These names are comically bad. I guess that's the point for a minor league baseball team?
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

These are horrible.

1-6

Thread Information