Pelicans Report

Thread: Saints 18th in ESPN's future power rankings

Blog Entries

Saints 18th in ESPN's future power rankings

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-...power-rankings

"I think that's a tad low, mostly because I still have more faith than the panel does in the two most important men in the organization -- coach Sean Payton and quarterback Drew Brees. I think both will continue to rank among the NFL's top 10 for the next three years. But I do understand why the voters (Louis Riddick, John Clayton and Mike Sando) were more dubious after both men proved fallible during last year's 7-9 collapse. And Brees' contract is up after 2016, which leaves some uncertainty at that critical spot.

The Saints fell from fourth to 11th in coaching and third to 12th in quarterback rating -- two of the five categories that were graded by the panel.

Other than that, I can't quibble with the Saints' overall rating too much since there are question marks everywhere else on a roster that has aged since the 2009 and 2011 glory years."

Obviously this doesn't mean much, but expectations are definitely lower for the Saints than they have been in some time. Hopefully if we suck for a few years I can get a decent seat license or whatever for a reasonable price.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I think we make the playoffs, but the glory days are a thing of the past. Unless some new player shows out, we are still a team to dependent on an aging qb, and while Brees is still a top 5 qb, you can't throw so much and expect to win (we never have and never will).

Like you, I hope that if we do drop off I can get better seats.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think we make the playoffs, but the glory days are a thing of the past. Unless some new player shows out, we are still a team to dependent on an aging qb, and while Brees is still a top 5 qb, you can't throw so much and expect to win (we never have and never will).

Like you, I hope that if we do drop off I can get better seats.
    I really agree with you. Nice point!
    It's not so hard to raise and train a dog as long as you know what exactly to do... A good community to read some good dog training tips where you can learn a lot.

just got 40:1 on them as sb champs...bargain compared to past years

Thread Information