Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2016 NBA Draft

Jalen Rose comparisons

Ben Simon's 6'10 to Grant Hill 6'6?(more physical)poor man lebron

Brandon Ingram to Paul George?(not that athletic)poor man durant; closer to Sam Perkins

Jaylon Brown to Tyrese Evans(not a PG, he's smarter, freakish athelete) Grant Hill

Buddy Hield to Voshon Leonard(he's a Alpha dog, closer, clutch) How many players you know Kobe Bryant went to see in the ncaa tournament? Nuff said!

Jamal Murray to Micheal Redd?(let it be known Jamal murray is VERY athletic, Micheal Redd wasnt!)

Denzel Valentine to Michael Ray Richardson( he's your Tyreke Evans w/ a IQ)
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 06-23-2016 at 11:20 PM.

GP2 went undrafted
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This is crazy. Heild has a build and skill similar to Voshon. Could he be Steph? Sure, but that's every shooters ceiling. Could he be Kenny Smith? Sure. But that's his ceiling and his floor, We are talking about who he compares to now. Let's be realistic with our comparisons. Leonard was a real 3pt threat, and right now, that is what Heild is.
    So Kenny Smith is his ceiling?!!!! Ok...
    Mary, Joseph, Jesus

I liked him a lot more than Thon Maker who went 10th lol! Buddy Hield and Chiek Diallo baby!! Took some Big 12 beasts from Oklahoma and Kansas. Love this draft!! Jay Bilas just had us as one of his top teams drafts!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    So Kenny Smith is his ceiling?!!!! Ok...
    Mary, Joseph, Jesus
    I meant floor (hence the reason I said ceiling and floor). You laugh about Rose's comparisons of Simmons to Hill (what a mockery right, because they have a difference in size and playing style). But then you say Heild is like Smith or Steph, Smith and Steph are shorter and Smith played better defense.

End of the day, let's not get to up in arms because one guys comparisons of a certain player don't match ours. Or more, let's understand he is comparing players to past players, while many here are only comparing a guy to his ceiling.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ibaka traded to the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I liked him a lot more than Thon Maker who went 10th lol! Buddy Hield and Chiek Diallo baby!! Took some Big 12 beasts from Oklahoma and Kansas. Love this draft!! Jay Bilas just had us as one of his top teams drafts!!
    I don't think he will be alone. Next to the Pacers, we were one of a handful of teams that made instant impact moves this week.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So I was watching some video of Diallo and I kinda see why they link him. It's clear he's raw and needs minutes and he may never put it together...

But, from a pure physical standpoint he looks A LOT like Tristan Thompson. Similar height, longer wingspan, similar standing reach, weight is similar (coming out of college), even their no step and Max verticals are similar.

I'm not saying at all that he's going to be Tristan Thompson. Not in the least. But you watch the finals and you see what a defensive, high motor guy who can jump and rebound and defend can do and I see exactly why the Pels took this guy.
    I agree he's a great project for the Pels. He has great defensive potential, probably not a starter but I can see him being the first or second big off the bench in few years if he gets his game together.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets08 View Post
    This is a scenario where I can see Dunn or Hield still being on the board at #6...

1) Sixers take Simmons
    2) Lakers take Ingram
    3) Celtics keep the pick and shock everyone by taking Jaylen Brown
    4) Suns take Chriss
    5) T-Wolves take Dunn
    6) Pels take Hield
    A straight prophet lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I like the Buddy Hield pick. We really need a floor spacer and a talented player to build around AD and Jrue. I was really hoping Kris Dunn would last one more pick but what can you do. Also, I know why Dell didn't pick Murray either. He prefers guys with experience than youth. However, I'm not a fan of the Diallo pick. I really don't think he makes the team. He just seems like a undersized big dude with no skill but can run. I guess somebody has to carry the bags on road trips though!
    I don't think experience had anything to do with it. They just viewed Hield as a better player including potential. Murray isn't the most athletic and Heild has more length. They both can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Jalen Rose comparisons

Jamal Murray to Micheal Redd?(let it be known Jamal murray is VERY athletic, Micheal Redd wasnt!)
    Murray is not very athletic. That has been the knock on him.

I can't believe we got Cheick Diallo at the 33rd? pick! That was a steal IMO. A lot of mocks had him as a top 20 pick. If you would of told me before the draft that we would add Buddy Hield and Cheick Diallo in the draft I would of said no freaking way. I'm really excited about that pick for sure. Adding Demetrius Jackson and Ben Bentil would of been a nice haul though, but I rather a backup defensive power forward with huge potential than a strictly stretch 4 in Bentil. I like Tim Frazier's potential as our backup point guard anyway. Plus we needed a power forward and got one with a ton of potential. I think if he goes to a different school were they needed Diallo, he goes a lot higher in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarpelicansfan View Post
    http://youtu.be/WTtzzADeEfg

A little bit on Diallo working out.

I think he will be a solid bench guy at least. Seems like he has the drive to get better and apparently he doesn't get tired lol.

I thought he had a more muscle but he's not a banger like I thought. Still a freak athlete though who seems willing to learn.

I've was hoping we would land him or Diamond Stone. So when Stone was the pick I was pretty pumped but then I heard trade and was like about to get angry for a second until it showed we landed Diallo instead haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amazing mini documentary !
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Everybody complain about Diallo.

Did You expected 3 rooks on our roster?
    There were two possibilities:
    1. sell one of the picks
    2. package them to go up.

we have chosen better
    Diallo has great upside - with his character and motor.

and at the worst - he is an asset

Dell wanted to find high-energy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Murray is not very athletic. That has been the knock on him.
    Jamal Murray is athletic, he doesn't play Defense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I can't believe we got Cheick Diallo at the 33rd? pick! That was a steal IMO. A lot of mocks had him as a top 20 pick. If you would of told me before the draft that we would add Buddy Hield and Cheick Diallo in the draft I would of said no freaking way. I'm really excited about that pick for sure. Adding Demetrius Jackson and Ben Bentil would of been a nice haul though, but I rather a backup defensive power forward with huge potential than a strictly stretch 4 in Bentil. I like Tim Frazier's potential as our backup point guard anyway. Plus we needed a power forward and got one with a ton of potential. I think if he goes to a different school were they needed Diallo, he goes a lot higher in this draft.
    Just wait n see I been called my shot on Bentil. Kids gonna be in the NBA for a long time and will be eventual starter.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Just wait n see I been called my shot on Bentil. Kids gonna be in the NBA for a long time and will be eventual starter.
    Not sure if I see him being a starter, but I can see him developing into a valuable bench player.

Not sure where to put this but found it to be VERY interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...bly_far_older/

This just came out today. Thon Maker is very likely to be closer to 23 years old than 19 years old. Yearbooks have surfaced from when he went to high school in Australia showing him not only in 9th grade but also showing him in the graduating class of 2010!!!

So basically he graduated in 2010 then came to the US and started high school over ago.

Everyone was already saying the Bucks made a horrible reach but now you don't even have the "potential" thing to hide behind. This guy is as old as AD. He just swindled his way into millions.

This just came out today. Thon Maker is very likely to be closer to 23 years old than 19 years old. Yearbooks have surfaced from when he went to high school in Australia showing him not only in 9th grade but also showing him in the graduating class of 2010!!!

So basically he graduated in 2010 then came to the US and started high school over ago.

Everyone was already saying the Bucks made a horrible reach but now you don't even have the "potential" thing to hide behind. This guy is as old as AD. He just swindled his way into millions.
    Wow

The Bucks heard the rumors before the draft it's on them now .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    The Bucks heard the rumors before the draft it's on them now .

I agree. After they drafted the Bucks GM was quoted as saying basically, "Who cares if he's 2 years older?"

Except he's not 2 years older he's closer to 4 years older. Either way it sounds like they had an idea he was older than his listed age and just didn't care.

Ironically enough not the first time the Bucks drafted a player who lied about their age. illysova took 3 years off of his age.

Whats a few years among friends?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Whats a few years among friends?

The most interesting thing I've seen happen in the NBA in years.

There's an 80+ page thread on real GM where they discuss Thon Maker's age. They actually get people who live in Australia to go talk to people who graduated with him in 2010. Dude went to high school twice, probably spent close to 10 years in high school between Australia, USA, and Canada. This is insane stuff.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...620#start_here

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How old are some of the people he's graduated with? Because there's a chance he's even older than we think.

Thread Information