Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Realistic scenario for 2016-2017 roster (Long post but worth the Read)

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    If this FO takes Denzell Valentine over Jamal Murray, Jaylen Brown, or hell even Dragan Bender this will be one ticked off fan. That guy isn't even top 10 worthy and a fringe lottery pick IMO. We better take Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, Jamal Murray, or the worse case scenario Jaylen Brown. If we can get Harrison Barnes, I hope they don't even try to get Nicolas Batum. Unless Batum will come for less money, which I doubt. I believe in Harrison Barnes being the 3rd or 4th option on this team depending on how good the rookie we get a 6. I think Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, or Jamal Murray can be a damn good 3rd option. I'm hoping Barnes can be a good second option, but if he's 4th behind AD, Jrue, and Buddy/Dunn/Murray I'll be more than happy!!
    I just think Valentine is better fit for Pelicans than Brown and Bender. I wouldn't mind Valentine in a trade down scenario. My ideal pick would be Kris Dunn (because he has potential to be an impact player and defense) than Denzell Valentine (because of his versatility). But I wouldn't mind Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Yeah but we really need to get something from Ryno and/or Eric Gordon. I think a sign and trade will be more likely for Ryno (because we can get good value from it) but EG owes us a favor.
    If you are expecting any return in this market via S&T, you will be disappointed

What we will get for them is minutes and money for other players. That's it and that's all
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by irvchilichill1 View Post
    I might be the in the minority, but I think Dell has done a good job as GM. Save for the resigning of Asik, he's found gems mid-season consistently, he fleeced Orlando for Anderson and he has routinely found unheralded players that have contributed to team success and/or showcased to trade for assets. The jury is still out, because of injuries, on the Jrue trade, Reke signing and Asik resigning, but they were all great/good moves at the time and I was in favor of them at the time.

I believe with the money freed by not re-signing Gordon and/or Anderson, will allow Demps to fully put a team together that he envisioned. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the roster that will go into next year... Maybe not contending for upper echelon in the West but it will be a team with a future and on its way. Hell, this past year team would of been good had we not have every dang player hurt. We are not as far off as we think with signing two or three players that can compliment Davis and health.

Jrue, Frazier, FA
    Hield, Tyreke,
    Green, QPon, 2nd rounder
    Davis, FA, Cunningham
    Asik, Ajinca,

Not world beaters, but very capable of being the 5th-7th seed. Depending on who we ultimately get in Free agency, this team WILL hands down be better than the most recent playoff team. Anderson and Gordon are easily replaceable, let's be honest.
    I don't hate Dell, I just wish he valued draft picks a little more. Trades and draft picks create excitement for fans and they are a cost controlled asset for a few years. I know I want to trade 6 for Okafor but I also want to trade other players for picks no matter if we got him or not. Always get a few young hungry young guys with tons of potential. Worst that can happen is you miss but another team could think they could get that talent out of them then he can be traded for other picks. A cycle that could keep going till you hit the jackpot.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you are expecting any return in this market via S&T, you will be disappointed

What we will get for them is minutes and money for other players. That's it and that's all
    At least it's something but I think we only would do Ryno. If we traded Reke and Asik and got very little back, we'd have close to enough for a max deal and could keep Ryno or not by going over the cap.

You guys are looking for s&t for Ryno.
    OK. Give us some possibilities?

IMO best case is Ryno for Collison and McLemore. Probably Sacto gives us too much. But still..

People who think a S&T will happen just don't fully understand what just happened with the cap. Sorry, but it's that simple. If you did, you would know that there is just no reason for the other team to do it, unless they wanted to unload garbage, and you better hope Dell would prefer cap space to garbage

Some people think that we have about 17 millions in cap space AND a possibility for s&t for Ryno (and maybe EJ).
    With s& t you are getting thrash and you are killin cap space.

People who think a S&T will happen just don't fully understand what just happened with the cap. Sorry, but it's that simple. If you did, you would know that there is just no reason for the other team to do it, unless they wanted to unload garbage, and you better hope Dell would prefer cap space to garbage
    It's not always for garbage. Sometimes, players can be involved in a S&T because they don't fit the new coach's system or if a team goes in a different direction.

MM, before your hiatus you mentioned the FO was mostly interested in "kicking the can" moves. Can you shed some light on the moves that were/are on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by gdf22 View Post
    MM, before your hiatus you mentioned the FO was mostly interested in "kicking the can" moves. Can you shed some light on the moves that were/are on the cards?
    Nah, I'm good. Don't know why I reengaded in the first place.

Enjoy the game tonight. Should be a great one!

Nah, I'm good. Don't know why I reengaded in the first place.

Enjoy the game tonight. Should be a great one!
    Who are you personally rooting for? I would like for LeBron to gain redemption again the Warriors, so I'm rooting for Golden State.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Anyone is watching the Stanley Cup Finals tonight?

I know Asik appears to be untradeable, but what about a trade to Dallas? Just scanning through some of the local Dallas writing and apparently they're biggest need is at center. From what I've read, they are in the market for a fairly low cost defensive center who can roll to the rim. They prefer this type of big man that is who best suits Dirk and Parsons. Asik has played with parsons before and they worked well together.

I hadn't thought of Dallas, all the talk of moving Asik I had seen was to Portland or Celtics. Not saying it is likely, but there is a chance if Dallas can be sold on Asik's pnr ability going forward.

If I'm Dell, I'm going all out for Whiteside and making him our #1 priority and pass on the big fa 3's. We would own the paint with him and AD. And he's only in his mid 20's. If Dunn is available in the draft, I'd take him. If not I'd pursue a trade with the Suns for Bledsoe for our #6. I think him and Jrue both being combo guards would work well together. The Suns already have a pg and have Booker for sg so they may be game. Then sign someone kinda cheap like Jared Dudley to round out our starting 5.

Jrue, Bledsoe, Dudley, AD, and Whiteside is a pretty good defensive starting 5. If we could someway unload Asik, we may be able to still resign RA by going over the cap for bench scoring. Possible?
    Last edited by Thetowndrunkard; 05-31-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetowndrunkard View Post
    If I'm Dell, I'm going all out for Whiteside and making him our #1 priority and pass on the big fa 3's. We would own the paint with him and AD. And he's only in his mid 20's. If Dunn is available in the draft, I'd take him. If not I'd pursue a trade with the Suns for Bledsoe for our #6. I think him and Jrue both being combo guards would work well together. The Suns already have a pg and have Booker for sg so they may be game. Then sign someone kinda cheap like Jared Dudley to round out our starting 5.

Jrue, Bledsoe, Dudley, AD, and Whiteside is a pretty good defensive starting 5. If we could someway unload Asik, we may be able to still resign RA by going over the cap for bench scoring. Possible?
    Whiteside will have his pick of where he wants to go. I see no reason to leave MIA or turn down the Lakers, Mavs, Knicks, etc that would offer Hassan a max deal.

I agree but none of those teams can pair him with a talent like AD at the 4 spot. Don't know why, other than location, would he resign with Mia. Bosh is getting old and his medical condition leaves his status up in the air, dwade is already old and past his prime and Dragic isn't far behind him.

I think the plan this offseason is to upgrade one of the guard positions and the SF position thru the draft, free agency, or trade.

I just think Whiteside maybe more attainable than Batum and for about the same money is a better talent than Barnes. Him and AD could be special down low. I think we could fill the 3 easier and more cost efficient with some1 like Dudley or even with Q if he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I think the plan this offseason is to upgrade one of the guard positions and the SF position thru the draft, free agency, or trade.
    This! Also, it will be nice to get an athletic big man next to AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    This! Also, it will be nice to get an athletic big man next to AD.
    Agree, it would be nice but it won't happen til next off season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetowndrunkard View Post
    I agree but none of those teams can pair him with a talent like AD at the 4 spot. Don't know why, other than location, would he resign with Mia. Bosh is getting old and his medical condition leaves his status up in the air, dwade is already old and past his prime and Dragic isn't far behind him.
    May be the fact that this is Riley's team, a guy with a really good track record and helped him to get back in the League, or maybe because Justise Winslow is a really high touted young player, or maybe because it's a 48-win team or maybe because he flourished under Spo.

I mean, let's stop kidding ourselves, if you think that star or border line star players will give up money for the opportunity of playing alongside AD's it's foolish. Established players looking for money and championship opportunities and this summer it's going to be a real hard to sell them on either of this two points. In my opinion, the only way is to find guys which are looking for bigger role, that's the only thing that we can showcase this summer.

I read some stuff about Qpon starting at the 2. How viable is he at the spot vs him at the 3?
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    I read some stuff about Qpon starting at the 2. How viable is he at the spot vs him at the 3?
    He struggles to defend a true 3. His best position is at the 2

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    On his Twitter he calls himself "New Orleans Pelican Guard". He does what's best for the team, and he can guard smaller SFs but he is best guarding the 2.

I could definitely see him starting at 2 if we draft a guard and sign a SF. We will probably start off trying to bring the guard along slowly and assuming Tyreke is not on the team QPon can start at guard just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    On his Twitter he calls himself "New Orleans Pelican Guard". He does what's best for the team, and he can guard smaller SFs but he is best guarding the 2.

I could definitely see him starting at 2 if we draft a guard and sign a SF. We will probably start off trying to bring the guard along slowly and assuming Tyreke is not on the team QPon can start at guard just fine.
    I would like to see QPon as a 2 guard but I don't think there's a guy we get in FA or in the draft that can start at SF. Unless the Pelicans can somehow get Batum, Parsons, or Barnes (I really think he gets a max deal somewhere else). Maybe Valentine but he may just be better suited as an multipurpose wing off the bench (which we badly need).

Thread Information