Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 76ers shopping Okafor, Noel before Draft

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I dont agree. Let's say the Celtics dont want to do it and Murray or Dunn were on the board at 6 - Who do you think the Sixers would want more next to Simmons, Noel, Saric, and Embid - Okafor or one of those guards?

It would be a no brainer for them. The guard would have way more value to them. It doesn't matter who was the more highly rated prospect. They would clearly rather have Dunn or Murray than Okafor. And I doubt there are many other teams out there with a young guard that they like that they would give up for a black hole center who can't play defense
    I say they wouldn't do it because they could get a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I say they wouldn't do it because they could get a better deal.
    Not if they want a top 6 pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Not if they want a top 6 pick this year.
    Who's to say the Celtics or Suns don't like Okafor more than the players available when they draft?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    AD and Noel provide the kind of squad that is versatile and athletic enough to give teams like OKC and the Warriors trouble in the paint.

I just never got good vibes off Okafor. If Embiid could ever play again, he'd be the one I want most.

Who's to say the Celtics or Suns don't like Okafor more than the players available when they draft?
    Who's to say they like Okafor better?

Who's to say they like Okafor better?
    No one, but you assured me they don't and said the only way to get a top 6 pick is to trade with us, so obviously u know... right?

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    The player we pick at 6 will be as good or better than both of those players . No thanks I'm keeping our 6 pick .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This, this, and this.

I'd definitely give the sixth pick away for them taking Asik off our hands. Or...Reke and Asik for Norl or 6th and Asik for Noel. I like the idea of Noel playing next to AD. I remember how exciting basketball was when Tyson Chandler played on this team.

Okfafor is a luxury for us and we already had Noel who I see no potential then being average. I rather gamble on the 6th pick.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Okfafor is a luxury for us and we already had Noel who I see no potential then being average. I rather gamble on the 6th pick.
    Ya if we are talking about trading for Okafor or Noel, we should just take a gamble on Marquese Chriss or Deyonta Davis(both rim protectors).

It would quite hilarious to get Noel back after we drafted him with the 6th pick in the first place. What is his numbers? isn't he coming of the bench for them and been disappointing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Ya if we are talking about trading for Okafor or Noel, we should just take a gamble on Marquese Chriss or Deyonta Davis(both rim protectors).
    Or just stick with a guard like the original plan. Its like we are LITERALLY trying to find ways to screw ourselves over?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Or just stick with a guard like the original plan. Its like we are LITERALLY trying to find ways to screw ourselves over?
    Ya i agree, but i'm just saying if we were going to trade for one of those two I rather just draft a post this draft. Noel is nothing special and Okafor is one of the worst rim protectors in the NBA.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Sixth pick, top 5 protected 2018 first round pick, Evans, Asik

for

Noel and Saric

Noel
    AD
    Saric
    Fournier
    Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

for

Noel and Saric

Noel
    AD
    Saric
    Fournier
    Holiday
    Smh

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

for

Noel and Saric

Noel
    AD
    Saric
    Fournier
    Holiday
    That's a really bad deal for us, even with them taking Asik. You could take the 2018 first rounder off the table, and I still wouldn't do it.

Holiday for Noel and Saric
    The Sixers would never do this

The Franchise
    I think Asik will be fine as a limited starter. We start him when we play big guys and start oak with smaller teams. I posted somewhere else I'd give Reke, Ajinca, and the 6th pick and a lottery protected pick next year for Oak and 2 late picks this year. Grab the best SG and SF with the picks and a PG and PF with 2 second rounders. Dell keeps most of his core players to start which should keep him happy and youth coming up to keep me happy. Lol. Sign Batum, Parsons, or Barnes then go over the cap with Ryno.
    Starters
    Jrue
    Qpon
    Batum/parsons/Barnes
    Davis
    Asik

Top bench
    Frazier
    BJD
    Prince- hopefully there with first
    Ryno
    Oak

3rd string
    Gary Payton III -2nd rounder
    Bembry -1st rounder
    Babbit
    Bentil 2-rounder
    Shawn Long (undrafted FA)or Perkins

I love this team and easily doable and if we can't grab a sf resign Jrue to an extension this year with all that money.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sixers owe us one. Should be able to give a damn 2nd rounder for one of 'em.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Sixers owe us one. Should be able to give a damn 2nd rounder for one of 'em.
    Or give us Saric who would have been our pick

Is there still hope for Okafor? I don't think he is a bust, I think he was just in a bad system. If his skills can be salvaged he could be a solid get for this team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

No one, but you assured me they don't and said the only way to get a top 6 pick is to trade with us, so obviously u know... right?
    I do. They won't trade for Okafor so we would have the best offer if the 76ers want a top 6 pick.

I'm not interested however. I'd rather grab a guard at 6.

If the Pelicans could stop investing assets (picks, cap space) in traditional centers that'd be great.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

I do. They won't trade for Okafor so we would have the best offer if the 76ers want a top 6 pick.

I'm not interested however. I'd rather grab a guard at 6.
    Lol no u do not know, your asuming, but whatever, i already know you're one of those types that always has to be right.

Banned
    I'd actually prefer AD at the 4 and Noel at the 5.
    Exactly. Noel is a pure 5.

Thread Information