Pelicans Report

Thread: Asik Amnesty?

Asik Amnesty?

Ok can someone help me out here?

I've heard people say that NEXT off-season, a year from now, with a new CBA in place, teams will have the option to amnesty 1 player that is currently on their roster prior to the new CBA. I've also read some people say we can't.

So next off season could we amnesty Asik if we wanted to or no?

It depends on if there is one in the new CBA. And we don't know what the new CBA will have yet.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up. Benson isn't likely to swallow much dead money with his basketball team. The operate on a very specific budget every year. Don't get your hopes up for stretching contracts or amnestying any with Benson as your owner.
    @mcnamara247

What are the odds that Asik uses this offseason to work on things to fit better in Gentry's system? Get quicker. Better stamina. Etc.

I'm skeptical. Kinda hoping someone comes in and gives me some kool-aid I can hang my dreams on. Can Asik have a Rocky III esque montage like offseason where he comes in to 2016 and rips ********?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    What are the odds that Asik uses this offseason to work on things to fit better in Gentry's system? Get quicker. Better stamina. Etc.

I'm skeptical. Kinda hoping someone comes in and gives me some kool-aid I can hang my dreams on. Can Asik have a Rocky III esque montage like offseason where he comes in to 2016 and rips ********?

If he stays healthy he will play better.
    He already improved towards the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If he stays healthy he will play better.
    He already improved towards the end of the year.
    I was going to say this. If u saw him at the end of last year he was dunking with regularity.

I don't think working on his game will help as much as having a training camp to work with his teammates and work in the system. Asik and Ajinca both missed camp and then had to basically jump onto a moving train during the season. A healthy camp would help those guys more than adding any particular set of skills. #Taken

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think working on his game will help as much as having a training camp to work with his teammates and work in the system. Asik and Ajinca both missed camp and then had to basically jump onto a moving train during the season. A healthy camp would help those guys more than adding any particular set of skills. #Taken
    Glad to see you back MM. Hate you or love you, you're still a net positive around here.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Glad to see you back MM. Hate you or love you, you're still a net positive around here.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    but is that per 36?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I'll just copy and paste this from another post I made. My "Asik isn't that bad" crusade continues...

The 2012-13 Houston Rockets were the fastest paced team in the league. #1.

Their starting Center was Omer Asik. He played 30.0 minutes per game, the highest in his career. His usage rate was 16.3, again by far the highest in his career.

Their Off Rtg with Asik ON: 107.2
    Their Off Rtg with Asik OFF: 105.9

And just for fun...

Their Off Rtg with James Harden ON: 107.1

Not an apples to apples comparison, but if that doesn't at least give you pause I dunno what to say. Gentry wants to play a similar style to that team, Asik has proven he can excel in it. FIGURE IT OUT, ALVIN.

Thread Information