Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BISMAX BIYOMBONUS - PAY DAT MAN DELL

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

BISMAX BIYOMBONUS - PAY DAT MAN DELL

You heard that? MVP! MVP! MVP! This is the piece we are missing next to Anthony Davis. Cut Asik. BRING IN THIS WINNER

I prefer Durant or Barnes.
    Last edited by Champ; 05-23-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Over rating him big time. He has played well 2 out of the 4 games. He didn't break 5 rebounds in the first 2 games and only had 4 points tonight. I like Biyombo but he is no missing piece for this team or someone that would change much here. He's a hustle/effort player that is not worth the $ IMO.

I wish we had signed him for $3M rather than Asik for to much. OY Vey that was a bad signing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Over rating him big time. He has played well 2 out of the 4 games. He didn't break 5 rebounds in the first 2 games and only had 4 points tonight. I like Biyombo but he is no missing piece for this team or someone that would change much here. He's a hustle/effort player that is not worth the $ IMO.
    Agree. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon either.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post

call it, like it is, prisoner of the moment....lets see if he will bring those 2 last games on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wish we had signed him for $3M rather than Asik for to much. OY Vey that was a bad signing.
    This x10

Were you really thinking that a couple of months ago? Be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yeah, MM brought him up in a thread last offseason as potential cheap free agents, and I was on board for replacing Asik with Byombo and Ed Davis. Those two combined made $9M this season. Their impact was greater than what we got out of Asik.

I'm searching this site for the BisMax threads. So far I see none. You guys probably never knew of him 6 months ago.

Please give us his stats the first 2 games vs Cleveland.

I'm searching this site for the BisMax threads. So far I see none. You guys probably never knew of him 6 months ago.
    Yes we did
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I'm starting to think you're a troll.

I looked for that thread last week after Biyombo went for 26, but I couldn't find it. I know it existed because MM wrote a story about it on BSS' but for some reason, it doesn't show up. At any rate...

Champ
    Please give us his stats the first 2 games vs Cleveland.
    My point isn't to give him a big contract, my point is to show just how bad a signing Asik was. Toronto paid Biyombo 30% of what we paid Asik, and in limited minuets Biyombo outperformed Asik.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

I looked for that thread last week after Biyombo went for 26, but I couldn't find it. I know it existed because MM wrote a story about it on BSS' but for some reason, it doesn't show up. At any rate...

My point isn't to give him a big contract, my point is to show just how bad a signing Asik was. Toronto paid Biyombo 30% of what we paid Asik, and in limited minuets Biyombo outperformed Asik.
    Okay. Now I'm trying to remember what BizMax did vs Pels this season. I think we beat them in Toronto. Did Asik play in those games?

Update I see we lost both games this season but I do see where you are coming from now. You know how Loomis likes to overpay.
    Last edited by Champ; 05-23-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Okay. Now I'm trying to remember what BizMax did vs Pels this season. I think we beat them in Toronto. Did Asik play in those games?
    Couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I just remember regretting every moment of Asik this year, and thinking, we're paying $9M for this?

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I just remember regretting every moment of Asik this year, and thinking, we're paying $9M for this?
    Agree. I updated the previous thread. We stuck with Asik so deal with it. I feel he may break out this season coming up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Let's be honest, anyone is better than Asik.

Bismack Biyombo? The guy drafted 7th overall in 2011 by the Bobcats/Hornets to be the next Serge Ibaka, but hasn't come anywhere near that comparison on the court. I'll pass unless it's for pennies cause we need a backup 4, but I would rather someone that can somewhat score consistently. He may be having a good couple of games, but he has to be a little more consistent on offense for my liking. Plus he's seen more as a center anyway cause of his horrid offense. Decent defender and rebounder, but we overpaying one of those already.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 05-24-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    This.

This is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Bismack Biyombo? The guy drafted 7th overall in 2011 by the Bobcats/Hornets to be the next Serge Ibaka, but hasn't come anywhere near that comparison on the court. I'll pass unless it's for pennies cause we need a backup 4, but I would rather someone that can somewhat score consistently. He may be having a good couple of games, but he has to be a little more consistent on offense for my liking. Plus he's seen more as a center anyway cause of his horrid offense. Decent defender and rebounder, but we overpaying one of those already.
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Let's be honest, anyone is better than Asik.
    So let us overpay another player?

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Compare Biyombo this season to Asik, and see who you would rather be paying.Over the last 3 years Biyombo has had a better individual o/drtg.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...biyombi01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../asikom01.html

I do remember plenty threads where Asik was considered "elite" for defense and rebounding. And why/how Dell didn't or couldn't pull off the Asik for Ryno rumored trade with the Rockets.

Dell then manages to not only get Asik but also keep Ryno. Now he's the biggest idiot on the planet.

Thread Information